front shocks

jfriese

what after market shocks will fit on my 63 amphi Bryant Speedway In

Hello,

NONE. Certainly none that I would try. Get the shocks that Gordon's had made. They are safe and work fine.

John Friese

67 White
67 Red

Canadian four amphs

Amphicar Expert
You are wrong! John.
Kimpex # 04-262 fronts amphicar 62-4
These are gas charged and very powerfull so with Original springs are too stiff. they have an ajustable colar on them and cost well under $100 each
You need to have a lighter spring as well. I have used Kimpex skidoo springs in my 62 and am quite happy with the ride.
You will meed to reuse the bushings out of you old shocks or get new ones made up at spring shops.
GORD
Candaian 4 amphs

Gord : I take it that the Kimpexs shocks can not be used on a 1967 amphi.
Thanks Paul NY

To: pvcj@hotmail.comSubject: RE: [General Amphicar Discussion-t-20076] Re: front shocksDate: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 08:49:46 -0400From:

You are wrong! John.Kimpex # 04-262 fronts amphicar 62-4These are gas charged and very powerfull so with Original springs are too stiff. they have an ajustable colar on them and cost well under $100 eachYou need to have a lighter spring as well. I have used Kimpex skidoo springs in my 62 and am quite happy with the ride.You will meed to reuse the bushings out of you old shocks or get new ones made up at spring shops.GORDCandaian 4 amphs

Canadian four amphs

Amphicar Expert
on 65-7 front they go threw the body..
I have found a kimpex with a long shaft, have cut the head off and treaded the shaft, again reusing the parts off old shock have made them work with great ride, but is alot of work,
numbers are 04-258 or 08-295 0r 08- 296.

rears 04 268 with tread all the way to bottom or no good,
front spring.. 04-295 or6 will give good ride on 62-4 cars
GORD

DrNoose

FWIW, I have been very pleased with the shocks I got from Hugh. I think
they were worth every penny. These suckers look like they were built to
last forever, and so far so good! Rebuildable too! Das Boot has seemed
pleased with them as well. :^)

Dan
'64 Das Boot

LSolheim

Paul, several years ago I fabricated adapter mounts to allow the use of early model thru-bolt shocks on the late model cars with the thru-hull bayonet style mounts. If you would like an Autocad drawing or a .jpg copy, please let me know. It's an easy build.

I ran the Surplus Center MAECO shocks (snowmobile shocks) for 4 years and they worked great, even with 10,000+ towing miles on them.

--Larry

Larry : That whould be great, i don,t have alot of money to buy the ones that Hugh sells.
paying for two collage loans:) If i did not do all the work myself i whould not have an amphi
today. Thanks PAUL 67amphi From NY

To: pvcj@hotmail.comSubject: RE: [General Amphicar Discussion-t-20076] Re: front shocksDate: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 00:01:49 -0400From:

Paul, several years ago I fabricated adapter mounts to allow the use of early model thru-bolt shocks on the late model cars with the thru-hull bayonet style mounts. If you would like an Autocad drawing or a .jpg copy, please let me know. It's an easy build.I ran the Surplus Center MAECO shocks (snowmobile shocks) for 4 years and they worked great, even with 10,000+ towing miles on them.--Larry

Thanks Gord:

To: pvcj@hotmail.comSubject: RE: [General Amphicar Discussion-t-20076] Re: front shocksDate: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 20:06:13 -0400From:

on 65-7 front they go threw the body..I have found a kimpex with a long shaft, have cut the head off and treaded the shaft, again reusing the parts off old shock have made them work with great ride, but is alot of work,numbers are 04-258 or 08-295 0r 08- 296.rears 04 268 with tread all the way to bottom or no good,front spring.. 04-295 or6 will give good ride on 62-4 carsGORD

Gord: Can you still get these shocks, And if so how much?? I just can,t spend $1,000.00 dollars
on shocks right now. It has nothing to do with the quality of Hughs shocks? just don,t have the money. Thanks Paul From NY

To: pvcj@hotmail.comSubject: RE: [General Amphicar Discussion-t-20076] Re: front shocksDate: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 20:06:13 -0400From:

on 65-7 front they go threw the body..I have found a kimpex with a long shaft, have cut the head off and treaded the shaft, again reusing the parts off old shock have made them work with great ride, but is alot of work,numbers are 04-258 or 08-295 0r 08- 296.rears 04 268 with tread all the way to bottom or no good,front spring.. 04-295 or6 will give good ride on 62-4 carsGORD

Canadian four amphs

Amphicar Expert
IN CANADA THERE CALLED (www.ROYAL DISTRIBUTING.com)
there is probaly similar dealers in USA. where they sell Kimpex.
doing a friend Ampi right now
4 for 400 plus time is better than $1000