Speaking of Glass....

P

pfgbrian@aol.com

I wouldn't mind having one, but I'm here in CA.
Brian in CA

B

B Crombie

<table bgColor="#ffffff">
<font face="Arial" size="2">I spoke to Stacy at Lo-Can Glass today about Amphicar windshields. To have one shipped to a commercial address costs $535.00. $425.00 for the glass, $85.00 for frgt. and $25.00 for crating. I asked her about quantities and she told me if I ordered 8 pieces or more, the cost goes down to $315.00 delivered. Production time would be two to three months.</font>
<font face="Arial" size="2"> This got me thinking. Could there be seven Amphicars in Minnesota and Wisconsin in need of new windshields? I could be persuaded to make the purchaseand take a couple Sunday drives to meet interested parties. Your cost would be my cost. </font>
<font face="Arial" size="2"> Has anyone ever purchased glass from Lo-Can? I'm wondering about the quality. Craig, hows that plexiglass holding up? Maybe I could box one up for you!</font>

<font face="Arial" size="2">Any takers?</font>

<font face="Arial" size="2">Brian Crombie</font>
<font face="Arial" size="2">Faribault, Mn.</font>
<font face="Arial" size="2"> </font>

R

richard martin

<font face="Arial" color="#800080" size="4">I installed a Lo-Can glass last year , looks fine</font>
<blockquote style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<div style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message -----
<div style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black">From: B Crombie
<div style="FONT: 10pt arial">To: amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com
<div style="FONT: 10pt arial">Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2001 8:30 PM
<div style="FONT: 10pt arial">Subject: [amphicar-lovers] Speaking of Glass....

<font face="Arial" size="2">I spoke to Stacy at Lo-Can Glass today about Amphicar windshields. To have one shipped to a commercial address costs $535.00. $425.00 for the glass, $85.00 for frgt. and $25.00 for crating. I asked her about quantities and she told me if I ordered 8 pieces or more, the cost goes down to $315.00 delivered. Production time would be two to three months.</font>
<font face="Arial" size="2"> This got me thinking. Could there be seven Amphicars in Minnesota and Wisconsin in need of new windshields? I could be persuaded to make the purchaseand take a couple Sunday drives to meet interested parties. Your cost would be my cost. </font>
<font face="Arial" size="2"> Has anyone ever purchased glass from Lo-Can? I'm wondering about the quality. Craig, hows that plexiglass holding up? Maybe I could box one up for you!</font>

<font face="Arial" size="2">Any takers?</font>

<font face="Arial" size="2">Brian Crombie</font>
<font face="Arial" size="2">Faribault, Mn.</font>
<font face="Arial" size="2"> </font>

<tt>To UNSUBSCRIBE from this group, just send an email TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS (this is not the same address for posting messages):
amphicar-lovers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com.

Any other issues may be addressed to the list owner/admin (Mike Israel) amphicar770@yahoo.com

</tt>

<tt>Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.</tt>
</blockquote>

C

Craig Taylor

Brian, I'd be interested in a winshield. Mine is yelowed and scratched.
I'm thinking about driving back to Big Lake with it. It seems to run
good... Can the wheel bearing be greased with a grease gun or would I
need to pull a hum and pack them by hand?
Thanks

Craig, Flat Lake Alaska

----- Original Message -----
Date: Thursday, November 15, 2001 7:30 pm
Subject: [amphicar-lovers] Speaking of Glass....

> I spoke to Stacy at Lo-Can Glass today about Amphicar windshields.
> To have one shipped to a commercial address costs $535.00.
> $425.00 for the glass, $85.00 for frgt. and $25.00 for crating. I
> asked her about quantities and she told me if I ordered 8 pieces
> or more, the cost goes down to $315.00 delivered. Production time
> would be two to three months.
> This got me thinking. Could there be seven Amphicars in
> Minnesota and Wisconsin in need of new windshields? I could be
> persuaded to make the purchase and take a couple Sunday drives to
> meet interested parties. Your cost would be my cost.
> Has anyone ever purchased glass from Lo-Can? I'm wondering
> about the quality. Craig, hows that plexiglass holding up? Maybe
> I could box one up for you!
>
> Any takers?
>
> Brian Crombie
> Faribault, Mn.
>
>

M

miabumpa@aol.com

<font FACE="arial,helvetica"><font SIZE="2">just recived my new glass from them will let you know on quality in a week or so
jay</font>

B

B Crombie

<blockquote style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px">
<div style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----

<font face="arial,helvetica"><font size="2">just recived my new glass from them will let you know on quality in a week or so
jay</font>
</font>
<font face="arial,helvetica"></font>
<font face="arial,helvetica"><font size="2">Jay,</font></font>
<font face="arial,helvetica"><font size="2">Could you describe the crate for me. I'm curious to know how they pack up their orders. That's a Lo-Can right? Also, how long did you have to wait for the single unit?</font></font>
<font face="arial,helvetica"><font size="2">Thanks,</font></font>
<font face="arial,helvetica"><font size="2">Brian Crombie</font>
</blockquote></font>

M

miabumpa@aol.com

<font FACE="arial,helvetica"><font SIZE="2">yes it was lo-can and took about a weak. also i paid extra to crate it special as they told me this was the only one in stock, extra was 25.00 on top of normal order.

the crate was 6 ' x 21/2 ' with wood palet & cardbord box on top,then inside was

the winshield in another box with cardbord all around for protection. also they said better to go ground freight as to ups because they are not very gental and tend to

throw stuff around, have not opened actual wishield because i want to get it home 1st

got new rubber seal from gordons 127.00. now looking for experianced glass guy close to janesville to set it in. would normally do it my self but with close to 600.00

in winshield im not takin any chances. any one close that does auto glass and wants a side job. give me a shout. hope this gets my ambition going to finish her soon!

p.s. lo-can was very helpfull with any questions,so just ask.

bye for now

jay {sin or swim}

67 burgandy flip flop pearl !!</font>