White Lake NC Water Festival

A

Arnold Hite

<table bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000">
<o:p></o:p><span style=""> </span>Deiter Harre and
I went to the White Lake Water Festival in <st1:state w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">North Carolina</st1:place></st1:state>.<span style=""> </span>It
was great spending time with Deiter and
Barbara.<span style=""> </span>As usual the cars were a big
hit.<span style=""> </span>There was a parade, street dance,
arts and crafts show, and a small carnival.<span style=""> The lake
was the best part. The water is crystal clear and the bottom is hard
sand. I wish I had an underwater camera there.

There</span><span style=""></span> was a
problem with the North Carolina Wildlife officers.<span style=""> </span>They
approached Dieter in the water and made
him exit the lake since his car has no boat registration numbers.<span style=""> </span>My car doesn’t either, but by chance I was
not seen in the water. <span style="">

</span>Today I called my
state boater registration officials and explain the incident to them.<span style=""> </span>They agreed to go ahead and produce a second title
and registration for my Amphicar as a boat.<span style="">
</span>It cost a little more but personally I think the boater
registration
numbers on the bow of my Amphicar will look really cool. <span style="">

</span>Still, I would
like to get this issue resolved before I invite other out of state
Amphicars to
return to the White Lake North Carolina Water Festival.<span style="">
</span>I don't recall this being an issue when we had the Amphicar
gathering near Charlotte about 5 years ago. Please send me a note if
your state does not
require boat registration numbers.<span style=""> </span>Also,
if your state does not require them, has it ever become an issue when
you were swimming
in another state?
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p>

Thanks,

<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:city w:st="on">Arnold</st1:city></st1:place>
Hite

Blue 66

<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:city w:st="on">Charleston</st1:city>, <st1:state w:st="on">SC</st1:state></st1:place> <span style=""></span><span style=""></span><span style=""></span>

N

nelson625@aol.com

<table id="role_body" style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: Arial" bottomMargin="7" leftMargin="7" topMargin="7" rightMargin="7"><font id="role_document" face="Arial" color="#000000" size="2">
Interesting subject Arnold. We were to Morehead (I believe that is where it was - to a British Car show which wished to feature Amphicars.) By chance, I had some kind of fuel starvation problem and did not actually get to go "swimming," though Dan Borgman and others did. However, Florida requires C.G. numbers which I have on both fenders so that would not have affected me.

Back home, I took the whole carburetor apart and did not find the cause of my problem, but maybe just the clean out that was involved resolved the problem. I did, though, initiate the use of a low pressure electric pump full time and have had zero problems since. I find out a number of Amphicar owners (and I believe Dieter) utilize electric pumps. The Serendipitous bonus to their usage is that if one doesn't drive the Amphicar for a while, you simply turn on the ignition for about 30-45 seconds which primes the carburetor and it starts in no time every time.

Nice to hear from you.Vic ( Capt. Splash ) Nelson</font>