Orillia Swim In

Canadian four amphs

Amphicar Expert
9th Swim In in Orillia Ont. from a poor start of just 3 owners in 2000 to a now, well known event. Last year (2008)we had coverage from Canada,s biggest Newspapers (took a still shot with 18 Amphicars)and Old Auto TV, Filming us all day,, hey they promisded me a tape! never did get to see it,
Mostly just a few babes doing there,, whatever,,
Swim in is ...June the 25th to 28th with lots of swiming in clear fresh water.
On June the 24th the Canadian SnowBird team will be doing there Air Show over the waterfront, earlybirds will be able to see this and will talk to there show host to see if they want a Amphicar display.Port of Orillia is doing there Christmas in June
Last Sept, I went up in my plane to scope out a new lake about 3/4 hr by road away,got it all planned now, but on the way home engine in plane sized and I crash landed.. Still recoving but walking with out a cane now,So the planning for this show cost me BIG TIME!

GORD SOUTER more on my web site and for Orillia go to(Orillia Chamber of Commerce)

I can't seem to get my posts through to the group e-mail so I sure hope this one gets to all of my club friends.*

I am very excited about Gord's Swim-In & can't wait to race him or anyone else that thinks they can NOW drive faster than me in their Amphicar (this is on land of course).* My Amphi is reved up & ready to roll!!!* Gerry & Lori:* WATCH OUT!!!!* Ina (still in the Boro)

Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2009 7:11:57 AM
Subject: [General Amphicar Discussion-t-20435] Orillia Swim In

30 days from now is when the action will begin for my 9th Swim In in Orillia Ont. from a poor start of just 3 owners in 2000 to a now, well known event. Last year we had coverage from Canada,s biggest Newspapers (took a still shot with 18 Amphicars)and Old Auto TV, Filming us all day,, hey they promisded me a tape! never did get to see it,
Mostly just a few babes ding there,, whatever,,
Swim in is June the 25th to 28th with lots of swiming in clear fresh water.
On June the 24th the Canadian SnowBird team will be doing there Air Show over the waterfront, earlybirds will be able to see this and will talk to there show host to see if they want a Amphicar display.
Last Sept, I went up in my plane to scope out a new lake about 3/4 hr by road away,got it all planned now, but on the way home engine in plane sized and I crash landed.. Still recoving but walking with out a cane now,So the planning for this show cost me BIG TIME!
Ina From NJ, is even coming and she's promisded that she will go faster on our land trips and not hold us up waiting for her!
Also on June the 6th there is a big Concourse show in London Ont. and Steve Plunket has invited the Amphicars as a special guest(Ampi-cars on(in) the pond) see his web site at(www.fleetwoodcountrycruizein.com)this is about 2 hrs from Detroit,. I have about 10 Amphicars lined up for this show.
I can get you free tickets to dinner and Tommy James and Shondells Sat night.
Steve himself has a collection of around 60 Cadilac's

GORD SOUTER more on my web site and for Orillia go to(Orillia Chamber of Commerce)

Canadian four amphs

Amphicar Expert
June 8th
Steve Plunkets car show,charity event was a big sucess!(Steve called and Said $210,000 was raised)
13 Amphicars were there... over 3000 cars and 10,000 spectators,
Ron Trudeau drove my car, Chuck Reiner drove his,John Lambert drove his, and Ken Alischer drove his Amphicar threw the pond 100s of times giving rides to raise money for Steves charity , others helped loading and collecting etc.Money was given to him at the dinner show.
All had a great time looking at all the displays and wow,, cars!!!Trucks, Drag cars, 1 ofs, new cars etc,
Air show! and bands,, the tent was massive. the bands loud.. so loud that most had to leave the tent, I found it just nice outside at my motorhome.

_

Canadian four amphs

Amphicar Expert
On Sat. we left the farm at 9.30 am. goat back after 10pm.3 different lakes and rivers,We did get to , and cross 6 Mile Lake, everyone loved it.I got swamped by a boat turning in front of me. 100s of amazed coatagers and boaters as they see 9 Amphicars coming around the bend..Ina kept up!!
Ron Trudeau is in big TROUBLE!and the Ladys were shocked!
Altou all had a great time I may not do a swim in next year as the # of swimmers fell off and I was so busy could not really plan it out , I think I need a break.
GORD.

Canadian four amphs

Amphicar Expert
Dave.

I did not take 1 single picture,,,I was having too much fun to think about snapping shots but barb was told she was the ofical pic taker so its up to her to post them I guess.
Just got back from a long 3000 plus mile trip with Ron. I think I may do a story for the clubs paper on it sometime.(yea, were still friends)
GORD

tazman

Orillia swim in was fantastic!! Lots of water time, great hosts and
hospitality. What more could you ask for. Ron was kind enough to try to
catch me before getting on the highway to give me a bag I had left
behind. Yes , he succeded. Many thanks again for another great swin in.
More of you need to attend next year. Amphi-maniac AKA bad luck Chuck

amphijeba

Here are a few photos from Orillia 2009.....great air show Wednesday evening....most of the amphis arrived Thursday and friday...we covered many lakes and rivers on Friday and Saturday....Bass Lake, Lake Couchiching,visited Port of Orillia Christmas in June Friday and cruised with the yatches, Severn River up to our unique marine railway, Six Mile Lake (Gord Sacrificed big time to check this one out) and Green river with a relaxing BBQ on Saturday night......a few pics are attcahed..watch the newslatter for full summary....

Attachments

• Orillia swim in 2009 001.jpg
    Orillia swim in 2009 001.jpg
    439.1 KB · Views: 50
  • Orillia swim in 2009 003.jpg
    Orillia swim in 2009 003.jpg
    438.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Orillia swim in 2009 023.jpg
    Orillia swim in 2009 023.jpg
    436.5 KB · Views: 46