New Amphi-Lovers Forum - Email Integration Now Working!!!

M

Mike Israel

Great news. I have installed and am testing the email integration and it works
great, just like on YahooGroup. We should thus have best of both worlds. I
have not yet turned this feature on globally but it is there. If you to would
like to try it, go into the forum ( www.amphicar770.com ) under the menu item
"User CP" --- "Edit Forum Subscriptions" and you will see an option for
"Instant Notification by Email". This will allow you to send/reply to all
messages via email. Testers are welcome and encouraged!!! Note that the email
push/pull runs every ten minutes.

While you are setting yourself up in the forum, do click some Google ads, those
clicks pay for the software, hosting, etc!!!

See you at 9PM EST in the Chat Room.

Mike

----- Original Message ----

If the new forum allows email send and receive then I should be able to move
over and use it, otherwise I'll be here on YahooGroups until it sinks !

David C

T

Terry Cassem

<table style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" bgColor="#ffffff">
<font face="Arial" size="2">Mike,</font>
<font face="Arial" size="2"></font>
<font face="Arial" size="2">I went to the new sight. I tried to sign it but keep getting told that I either have the wrong Username or Password. I haven't changed either one. Do I need to sign in?.....before I go to</font>
<font face="Arial" size="2"><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">User CP" --- "Edit Forum Subscriptions".......which I don't see!</font></font>

<font face="Arial" size="2">Thanks,</font>
<font face="Arial" size="2">Terry</font>
<blockquote style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<div style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message -----
<div style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black">From: Mike Israel
<div style="FONT: 10pt arial">To: amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com
<div style="FONT: 10pt arial">Sent: Friday, December 28, 2007 4:45 PM
<div style="FONT: 10pt arial">Subject: [amphicar-lovers] New Amphi-Lovers Forum - Email Integration Now Working!!!

<div id="ygrp-text">

Great news. I have installed and am testing the email integration and it works great, just like on YahooGroup. We should thus have best of both worlds. I have not yet turned this feature on globally but it is there. If you to would like to try it, go into the forum ( www.amphicar770.<wbr>com ) under the menu item "User CP" --- "Edit Forum Subscriptions" and you will see an option for "Instant Notification by Email". This will allow you to send/reply to all messages via email. Testers are welcome and encouraged!!<wbr>! Note that the email push/pull runs every ten minutes.

While you are setting yourself up in the forum, do click some Google ads, those clicks pay for the software, hosting, etc!!!

Mike

David C
</blockquote>

M

Mike Israel

<table><div style="font-family:times new roman, new york, times, serif;font-size:14pt"><div style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">Hi Terry,
<div style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">
<div style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">Yes, you need to sign in first before you can modify your settings.
<div style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">
<div style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">As the new forum is a seperate system Userid and password is not the same as in Yahoo (although you can set it up that way). Users must register.
<div style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">Some users signed up a year ago or more. When I migrated everything I may have mistakenly killed off some good accounts during clean up. In this case, those users will need to re-register. Sorry bout that.
<div style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">When did you register and using what email?
<div style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">Thanks,
<div style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">Mike

<div style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 5px 0px 5px 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">----- Original Message ----
To: amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, December 28, 2007 9:14:01 PM
Subject: Re: [amphicar-lovers] New Amphi-Lovers Forum - Email Integration Now Working!!!

<div id="ygrp-text">

<font face="Arial" size="2">I went to the new sight. I tried to sign it but keep getting told that I either have the wrong Username or Password. I haven't changed either one. Do I need to sign in?.....before I go to</font>
<font face="Arial" size="2"><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">User CP" --- "Edit Forum Subscriptions" .......which I don't see!</font></font>

<blockquote style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid">
<div style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial">From: Mike Israel
<div style="FONT: 10pt arial">To: amphicar-lovers@ yahoogroups. com
<div style="FONT: 10pt arial">Subject: [amphicar-lovers] New Amphi-Lovers Forum - Email Integration Now Working!!!

<div id="ygrp-text">

Great news. I have installed and am testing the email integration and it works great, just like on YahooGroup. We should thus have best of both worlds. I have not yet turned this feature on globally but it is there. If you to would like to try it, go into the forum ( www.amphicar770. com ) under the menu item "User CP" --- "Edit Forum Subscriptions" and you will see an option for "Instant Notification by Email". This will allow you to send/reply to all messages via email. Testers are welcome and encouraged!! ! Note that the email push/pull runs every ten minutes.

While you are setting yourself up in the forum, do click some Google ads, those clicks pay for the software, hosting, etc!!!

Mike

David C
</blockquote>

E

Eric M

I signed up when you first started the sight. I'd
forgotten both my user name and password. But the
system worked pretty well and it did send me the user
name and reset my passwod just fine.

I'll mostly be accessing the site from my MAC so we'll
see how it deals with Safari.

When I get a minute I'll try and set up the links to
the Amphicar forum on FLIKR. Lots of pictures there
as thats wher I tend to put mine.

Eric
--- Mike Israel <amphicar770@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Terry,
>
> Yes, you need to sign in first before you can modify
> your settings.
>
> As the new forum is a seperate system Userid and
> password is not the same as in Yahoo (although you
> can set it up that way). Users must register.
>
> Some users signed up a year ago or more. When I
> migrated everything I may have mistakenly killed off
> some good accounts during clean up. In this case,
> those users will need to re-register. Sorry bout
> that.
>
> When did you register and using what email?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike
>
>
>
>
> ----- Original Message ----
> From: Terry Cassem <cassemterry@qwest.net>
> To: amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Friday, December 28, 2007 9:14:01 PM
> Subject: Re: [amphicar-lovers] New Amphi-Lovers
> Forum - Email Integration Now Working!!!
>
> Mike,
>
> I went to the new sight. I tried to sign it but
> keep getting told that I either have the wrong
> Username or Password. I haven't changed either one.
> Do I need to sign in?..... before I go to
> User CP" --- "Edit Forum Subscriptions" .......which
> I don't see!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Terry
>
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Mike Israel
> To: amphicar-lovers@ yahoogroups. com
> Sent: Friday, December 28, 2007 4:45 PM
> Subject: [amphicar-lovers] New Amphi-Lovers Forum -
> Email Integration Now Working!!!
>
>
> Great news. I have installed and am testing the
> email integration and it works great, just like on
> YahooGroup. We should thus have best of both worlds.
> I have not yet turned this feature on globally but
> it is there. If you to would like to try it, go into
> the forum ( www.amphicar770. com ) under the menu
> item "User CP" --- "Edit Forum Subscriptions" and
> you will see an option for "Instant Notification by
> Email". This will allow you to send/reply to all
> messages via email. Testers are welcome and
> encouraged!! ! Note that the email push/pull runs
> every ten minutes.
>
> While you are setting yourself up in the forum, do
> click some Google ads, those clicks pay for the
> software, hosting, etc!!!
>
> See you at 9PM EST in the Chat Room.
>
> Mike
>
> ----- Original Message ----
> From: David Chapman <david@manbus. com>
>
> If the new forum allows email send and receive then
> I should be able to move
> over and use it, otherwise I'll be here on
> YahooGroups until it sinks !
>
> David C
>
>

T

Terry Cassem

<table style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" bgColor="#ffffff">
<font face="Arial" size="2">I have been a member of the Yahoo group for over 3 years. Email is<u> </u>cassemterry@qwest.net</font>
<font face="Arial" size="2">Should Ire-register?</font>
<blockquote style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<div style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black">From: Mike Israel
<div style="FONT: 10pt arial">To: amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com
<div style="FONT: 10pt arial">Sent: Friday, December 28, 2007 6:42 PM
<div style="FONT: 10pt arial">Subject: Re: [amphicar-lovers] New Amphi-Lovers Forum - Email Integration Now Working!!!

<div id="ygrp-text">

<div style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">Hi Terry,
<div style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">Yes, you need to sign in first before you can modify your settings.
<div style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">As the new forum is a seperate system Userid and password is not the same as in Yahoo (although you can set it up that way). Users must register.
<div style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">Some users signed up a year ago or more. When I migrated everything I may have mistakenly killed off some good accounts during clean up. In this case, those users will need to re-register. Sorry bout that.
<div style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">When did you register and using what email?
<div style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">Thanks,
<div style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">Mike

<div style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">----- Original Message ----
To: amphicar-lovers@<wbr>yahoogroups.<wbr>com
Subject: Re: [amphicar-lovers] New Amphi-Lovers Forum - Email Integration Now Working!!!

<div id="ygrp-text">

<font face="Arial" size="2"><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">User CP" --- "Edit Forum Subscriptions" .......which I don't see!</font></font>

<div id="ygrp-text">

Great news. I have installed and am testing the email integration and it works great, just like on YahooGroup. We should thus have best of both worlds. I have not yet turned this feature on globally but it is there. If you to would like to try it, go into the forum ( www.amphicar770. com ) under the menu item "User CP" --- "Edit Forum Subscriptions" and you will see an option for "Instant Notification by Email". This will allow you to send/reply to all messages via email. Testers are welcome and encouraged!! ! Note that the email push/pull runs every ten minutes.

Mike

David C
</blockquote>

</blockquote>

M

Mike Israel

<table><div style="font-family:times new roman, new york, times, serif;font-size:14pt"><div style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">Hi Terry,
<div style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">Yes, although you are a member of the YahooGroup, you will need to register at the new site www.amphicar770.comas it is being set up seperate from Yahoo. I would do so now so that you are all set when the cutover finally takes place in January.

<div style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 5px 0px 5px 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">----- Original Message ----
To: amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, December 28, 2007 10:46:08 PM

<div id="ygrp-text">

<font face="Arial" size="2">I have been a member of the Yahoo group for over 3 years. Email is<u> </u>cassemterry@ qwest.net</font>
<font face="Arial" size="2">Should Ire-register?</font>
<div style="FONT: 10pt arial">Sent: Friday, December 28, 2007 6:42 PM
<div style="FONT: 10pt arial">Subject: Re: [amphicar-lovers] New Amphi-Lovers Forum - Email Integration Now Working!!!

<div id="ygrp-text">

<div style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">Hi Terry,

<div style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">----- Original Message ----
To: amphicar-lovers@ yahoogroups. com

<div id="ygrp-text">

<div id="ygrp-text">

Mike

David C
</blockquote>

</blockquote>