Chrome Bilge outlet Pipe

Tedredamphi

Platinum Subscriber
:032:Does someone make/sell a chrome outlet set-up for the bilge discharge. I think it even points up slightly so that you can see the water squirt out from the driver's seat. I've seen pictures of one, but don't know who sells them.
Thanks,
Ted Matthews

R

Ron Green

Ted, I have a few that were left over from the club’s Christmas gift a few years ago and will mail you one N/C. Unsure how they work, probably ok however I use a different type (threaded) that I bought from Bill Syx.

CapnJohn

Amphi Guru & Former IAOC President
Ted, I have a few that were left over from the club’s Christmas gift a few years ago and will mail you one N/C. Unsure how they work, probably ok however I use a different type (threaded) that I bought from Bill Syx.

The spouts that were the club gift, I hand made all 300 of them. They work very well. I prefer them to the chromed pipe fittings from Billy (I am biased though!:dft012:) These are made from 1/2" OD aluminum tubing to to match the Amphicar's aluminum trim.

To install them, firmly push and twist it into the stock white plastic bilge outlet until it feels tight. You can use some adhesive to help hold it in place if you like. I have had mine in for 3 years w/o a problem. Just be sure it's firmly in place.

Attachments

• RMA_Bilge_spout.jpg
    RMA_Bilge_spout.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 48

chasgould

Hi John,
I don't recall getting one of these as a club gift, although it may be because I have misplaced it. Would you be kind enough to send me another one if you have a spare. I would be happy to pay for it.
I did purchase one from Billy Syx, and the one that he sent me is bent at the wrong angle and would touch against the painted surface of the engine lid if it were installed, so I have not used it. I should probably ask Billy to send me a replacement as I cannot use this one without damaging the chrome by trying to bend it.
Charles

The spouts that were the club gift, I hand made all 300 of them. They work very well. I prefer them to the chromed pipe fittings from Billy (I am biased though!:dft012:) These are made from 1/2" OD aluminum tubing to to match the Amphicar's aluminum trim.

To install them, firmly push and twist it into the stock white plastic bilge outlet until it feels tight. You can use some adhesive to help hold it in place if you like. I have had mine in for 3 years w/o a problem. Just be sure it's firmly in place.

Wow John, I didn't know that you made these great spouts. I remember when I got mine. My Amphicar was still a metal shell & I had no idea what those spouts were. NOW, I have a fully, restored, running, swimming Amphicar & I use my spout! I never leave it in all the time, though. I just put the spout in when the Amphicar is in the water.

Thanks, John, for making us a cute & useful gift. AND, thanks Amphicar club for the nice document holder I received recently. I forgot to say thanks. It was like Christmas in June (or maybe it was May). Ina in the boro
----- Original Message -----
To: ribcab@verizon.net
Sent: Saturday, June 14, 2008 10:39 AM
Subject: RE: [General Amphicar Discussion-t-20051] Re: Chrome Bilge outlet Pipe

Quote:
Ted, I have a few that were left over from the clubÂ’s Christmas gift a few years ago and will mail you one N/C. Unsure how they work, probably ok however I use a different type (threaded) that I bought from Bill Syx.

The spouts that were the club gift, I hand made all 300 of them. They work very well. I prefer them to the chromed pipe fittings from Billy (I am biased though!) These are made from 1/2" OD aluminum tubing to to match the Amphicar's aluminum trim.

Attached to this message is RMA_Bilge_spout.jpg