Chrome Bilge outlet Pipe

Tedredamphi

Platinum Subscriber
:032:Does someone make/sell a chrome outlet set-up for the bilge discharge. I think it even points up slightly so that you can see the water squirt out from the driver's seat. I've seen pictures of one, but don't know who sells them.
Thanks,
Ted Matthews

R

Ron Green

Ted, I have a few that were left over from the club’s Christmas gift a few years ago and will mail you one N/C. Unsure how they work, probably ok however I use a different type (threaded) that I bought from Bill Syx.

CapnJohn

Amphi Guru & Former IAOC President
Ted, I have a few that were left over from the club’s Christmas gift a few years ago and will mail you one N/C. Unsure how they work, probably ok however I use a different type (threaded) that I bought from Bill Syx.

The spouts that were the club gift, I hand made all 300 of them. They work very well. I prefer them to the chromed pipe fittings from Billy (I am biased though!:dft012:) These are made from 1/2" OD aluminum tubing to to match the Amphicar's aluminum trim.

To install them, firmly push and twist it into the stock white plastic bilge outlet until it feels tight. You can use some adhesive to help hold it in place if you like. I have had mine in for 3 years w/o a problem. Just be sure it's firmly in place.

Attachments

• RMA_Bilge_spout.jpg
    RMA_Bilge_spout.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 47

chasgould

Hi John,
I don't recall getting one of these as a club gift, although it may be because I have misplaced it. Would you be kind enough to send me another one if you have a spare. I would be happy to pay for it.
I did purchase one from Billy Syx, and the one that he sent me is bent at the wrong angle and would touch against the painted surface of the engine lid if it were installed, so I have not used it. I should probably ask Billy to send me a replacement as I cannot use this one without damaging the chrome by trying to bend it.
Charles

The spouts that were the club gift, I hand made all 300 of them. They work very well. I prefer them to the chromed pipe fittings from Billy (I am biased though!:dft012:) These are made from 1/2" OD aluminum tubing to to match the Amphicar's aluminum trim.

To install them, firmly push and twist it into the stock white plastic bilge outlet until it feels tight. You can use some adhesive to help hold it in place if you like. I have had mine in for 3 years w/o a problem. Just be sure it's firmly in place.

Wow John, I didn't know that you made these great spouts. I remember when I got mine. My Amphicar was still a metal shell & I had no idea what those spouts were. NOW, I have a fully, restored, running, swimming Amphicar & I use my spout! I never leave it in all the time, though. I just put the spout in when the Amphicar is in the water.

Thanks, John, for making us a cute & useful gift. AND, thanks Amphicar club for the nice document holder I received recently. I forgot to say thanks. It was like Christmas in June (or maybe it was May). Ina in the boro
----- Original Message -----
To: ribcab@verizon.net
Sent: Saturday, June 14, 2008 10:39 AM
Subject: RE: [General Amphicar Discussion-t-20051] Re: Chrome Bilge outlet Pipe

Quote:
Ted, I have a few that were left over from the clubÂ’s Christmas gift a few years ago and will mail you one N/C. Unsure how they work, probably ok however I use a different type (threaded) that I bought from Bill Syx.

The spouts that were the club gift, I hand made all 300 of them. They work very well. I prefer them to the chromed pipe fittings from Billy (I am biased though!) These are made from 1/2" OD aluminum tubing to to match the Amphicar's aluminum trim.

Attached to this message is RMA_Bilge_spout.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Remove Chrome Ring on Gauges General Amphicar Discussion 5
P Chrome in the Southeast? General Amphicar Discussion 3
T New G.Imports Chrome Headlight Trim Ring Problem??? General Amphicar Discussion 1
A Bumpers and Chrome General Amphicar Discussion 1
C Chrome General Amphicar Discussion 6
J Wider Simulated Chrome Door Edge Guards General Amphicar Discussion 0
K chrome trim General Amphicar Discussion 0
D Plastic chrome fin trim General Amphicar Discussion 4
J Chrome tail pipe tip General Amphicar Discussion 0
A Horn Face Chrome Screw Needed General Amphicar Discussion 0
L Wanted: Chrome window frames General Amphicar Discussion 0
Propcar50 Need Some Guidance on Bypassing Bilge Blower General Amphicar Discussion 1
Latitude33 Bilge Pump outlet stainless steel tube General Amphicar Discussion 2
Jon March Dual-pump bilge outlet question General Amphicar Discussion 4
Jon March About the original bilge pump... General Amphicar Discussion 23
Jon March anybody have an extra bilge-exit "j-tube" General Amphicar Discussion 0
Jon March poll: original bilge pump mounting & depth gauge General Amphicar Discussion 1
okey0 Install of new bilge pump General Amphicar Discussion 3
azpaul50 Bilge Blower General Amphicar Discussion 2
Akamphi Bilge pump switch lamp General Amphicar Discussion 3
Akamphi Questing about ignition switch and bilge blower wiring General Amphicar Discussion 0
mike_israel Would a relay to bilge pump make sense General Amphicar Discussion 1
T Bilge Blower - How much is it worth? General Amphicar Discussion 4
CapnJohn Bilge spouts revisited... General Amphicar Discussion 1
jfriese Bilge Pump Switch Lamp General Amphicar Discussion 2
A Rear Axle U Joints - Bilge Pump Kit General Amphicar Discussion 0
C Frame rails to bilge floor sealed? General Amphicar Discussion 2
T Bilge Blower Question ?? General Amphicar Discussion 2
sdreich Bilge Blower Timing Panel General Amphicar Discussion 4
H amphicar bilge pump General Amphicar Discussion 7
H Bilge Pump General Amphicar Discussion 0
S Backup bilge pump: plumbing and wiring General Amphicar Discussion 9
mike_israel Bilge Blower Bypass General Amphicar Discussion 14
sdreich Bilge Blower Relays General Amphicar Discussion 3
M Bilge Pumps & Ebay General Amphicar Discussion 1
D one step away. bilge hose question Plasma/led screen question General Amphicar Discussion 1
A Bilge Plug Importance General Amphicar Discussion 1
G bilge pump switch and engine breather line General Amphicar Discussion 0
B SV: Re: Amphicar fire gas and oil - bilge blower addition General Amphicar Discussion 2
M The sweet smell of bilge General Amphicar Discussion 0
C Celina... Ignitions... Bilge Blowers General Amphicar Discussion 12
C The Bilge..... General Amphicar Discussion 2
A Amphi B.O. ? The Battle of the Bilge General Amphicar Discussion 0
A Cornucopia in my bilge (repost) General Amphicar Discussion 0
A The World Needs Bilge Cleaners Too (Repost) General Amphicar Discussion 0
A Amphi and the battle of the bilge (Repost) General Amphicar Discussion 0
T So you like the look of your original bilge pump... General Amphicar Discussion 2
B Late Model Bilge Plug Substitution General Amphicar Discussion 1
S Bilge Blower and Brake Springs General Amphicar Discussion 1
C Bilge Blower Wiring General Amphicar Discussion 1