Battery box photos ...please

rhysaccess

Finished all the brake work today....great fun. The twist in the front hoses stole the opportunity for total satisfaction of course.

Next job is fabricating a battery box & clamp - just like the original.

My car has the tray and the upright straps in good condition....just needs the rest. Has anyone got decent photos of the original so that I can make drawings and pass on to my metal fabricator? (I'm in Australia, so reluctant to ship one from the US)

Thanks,

Rhys

Finished all the brake work today....great fun. The twist in the front hoses stole the opportunity for total satisfaction of course.

Next job is fabricating a battery box & clamp - just like the original.

My car has the tray and the upright straps in good condition....just needs the rest. Has anyone got decent photos of the original so that I can make drawings and pass on to my metal fabricator? (I'm in Australia, so reluctant to ship one from the US)

Thanks,

Rhys

rhysaccess

I am aware that Gord makes these......and I'm sure that they are sensational.

Rather than ship them around the world, I'd like to have them made for both my Amphicars. In the absence of any photos - I'm stuck with the parts manual to manufacture from.

Rhys

SNOWBIRD

Amphicar Expert
I am on the road till weekend, when I get home I have a bunch of photos,
I have shipped front and rear hoods, gas tanks etc too Australia.
and many parts to Europe
if your in no hurry suface shipping is possible at a fair price. est.$40 but with address I can find out exact.
3 pc.kit is $125.00.
box alone is $65.00

rhysaccess

Bingo! Excellent shot. Both these last two are great photos.

I was beginning to think that a clear photo of the sasquatch was easier to obtain

Cheers,
Rhys

jfriese

Hi,

Sorry for the delay but I posted a number of original Amphicar battery box photos on the "Photos Page".

John Friese
67 White
67 Red

Stekiefa

Hello from Germany.
Sorry but the pictures are no longer active. Does anyone have these pictures? I'm just rebuilding my Amphicar and I have no battery holder. Now I am looking for an alternative .
Thanks and regards Stefan

Last edited:

jfriese

Stefan,

All but late cars had a lower frame welded to the right rear floor that had two sheet steel pieces coming up from the center sides. Since you have those pieces you can pretty easily go back to original by adding a steel box (I think Gord used to make them) and the hold down bracket ( Gordon's is probably still selling those). Here are some old, low res. photos of the whole deal.

Many rather late cars just used a fiberglass boat battery box.

John Friese
67 White
67 Red

Battery Box 01.jpg

Battery Box 02.jpg

Battery Box 03.jpg

Battery Box 06.jpg

Battery Box 07.jpg

Battery Box 08.jpg

Battery Box 09.jpg

Battery Box 10.jpg

Battery Box 04.jpg

Battery Box 05.jpg

Last edited:

SNOWBIRD

Amphicar Expert
I have lots of all 3 pcs. here at home and some in FL.. Should be in Fl. by Nov. All like Johns pics above! Price is still the same as 2012... takes a Type 51 battery.