Amphi rides like a hard tail Harley?

Hi all, I had my first drive in my Amphi back and forth in my driveway and noticed that the suspension has no give at all causing a very hard ride. I am using Hughs rear gas shocks and wonder is this the way it will always be or do they loosen up after getting some miles on them. There must be a lot of these shocks in use now and I would like to hear what people who have them think. Thanks, Jack

Midwest Amphicar

Worlds Largest Amphicar Destination
New or old springs? The shocks I sell use new springs that are matched for the shock. Also if your car is missing covers doors interior etc it will be more bouncy. Congrats on getting this close from starting with so little!!! You deserve a round of applause!!! Later Dave the Wave

I got the complete Aldan? shocks from Hugh with new springs. Still have to put on top w/ frame, side trim, interior panels, floorboards, floor mats, and side glass. Hopefully the extra weight will help soften the ride. Counting the days til the Boston Swim In, Jack

azpaul50

I have two genuine Buco kidney belts that I'll sell. Might as well look stylish!... "Stimsonite" reflectors!

To: azpaul50@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: [General Amphicar Discussion-t-20532] Re: Amphi rides like a hard tail Harley?
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 10:09:34 -0400

New or old springs? The shocks I sell use new springs that are matched for the shock. Also if your car is missing covers doors interior etc it will be more bouncy. Congrats on getting this close from starting with so little!!! You deserve a round of applause!!! Later Dave the Wave