Yahoo has choked BIG TIME on this amature design.

A

a_colo_native

Great, now we get an ad with EVERY single post. They took something
that was almost tolerable and turned it into an ad-fest. Like we
don't
have enough of that in the posts as it is. Mike, are ya going to pull
the trigger on the new forum site soon? PLEASE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

The layout it horrible, the colors stink, navigation is
ass-backwards.
You need to click on "Previous" to get to the "next" ad... ummm I
mean
post and visa-versa. I would be embarrased if I was the moron at
fault for the amamture (at best) design here. I can't take having
any
MORE ads force-fed to me. ... sheesh

John Bevins

A

Al Heath

<table>

Seems like several groups I normally get a daily digest from are fed up with Yahooy for some reason. Personally, I never see these ads people complain about. Is that because the nice concise yahooy daily digest automatically throws all that away for me? The standard Yahoo digest has a nice "table of contents" at the top listing the subject and "from whom" ... (showing the real email address by the way...) and each posting is nicely separated and easy to find. Some of the replacements I see other groups attempting to use as replacements have a jumbled up "contents" with full email headers and mail routing gorp with no plain and separation of messages in the body. I hope that what ever this group finally settles on still maintains the easy to use and easy to read features of the yahooy digest. I hope people knew that if you posted to yahooy via your normal email program, you don't even get those other ads some people seem to compain about. I have the several unrelated lists I follow, and having yahooy be to consolidatoin point with one userid/password is better than remembering 25 different implementations of this stuff. But in the grand scheme of things, it makes little difference. You can't please all the people all the time.

I've subscribed to the newest incarnation of Mike, and although it doesn't have a table of contents, at least the digest version of the daily postings is readible without all the email headers. But it looks like the "reply" function takes you out of your favorite email and editor into a little html typing window. Oh well, losing the off-line reply capability isn't that big of a deal, and probably better off as it cuts down on the urge to reply to postings. Or maybe Mike has hidden the other way to reply via email? By the way, although I could post to the new forums, it said I couldn't vote in the poll. I'm probably registered at least a couple different ways in all these new test sites. It'll get straighten out sometime. No big deal.

Al

W

WB6WSN

Re: Re: Yahoo has choked BIG TIME on this amature design.

<table bgColor="#ffffff">
<font color="#0000ff" size="4"></font>
<blockquote style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<div style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message -----
<div style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black">From: Al Heath
<div style="FONT: 10pt arial">To: amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com
<div style="FONT: 10pt arial">Sent: Sunday, March 27, 2005 11:06 AM
<div style="FONT: 10pt arial">Subject: [amphicar-lovers] Re: Yahoo has choked BIG TIME on this amature design.

Seems like several groups I normally get a daily digest from are fed up with Yahooy for some reason. Personally, I never see these ads </blockquote>

<font color="#0000ff" size="4">I also belong to 4 Yahoo groups. I have elected to have each post in each group sent to me as an email, so that I get the postings in near real-time. I simply create a mail rule to sort the incoming emails by group (ie, sorting by "amphicar-lovers" in the Subject line allows me to move all our group activity into a single Amphicars mail folder.</font>
<blockquote style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

I hope people knew that if you posted to yahooy via your normal email program, you don't even get those other ads some people seem to compain about. </blockquote>

<font color="#0000ff" size="4">Ah, that explains the complaints. I NEVER see those ads; all I see (and I'm using the much-maligned MS OE) is an empty box frame at the bottom of every post, not much more space than the list-owners contact information, with a header that says "Yahoo Groups Sponsor Advertisement." Using the email interface is clean and simple; I just email my posts to amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com , and get emails back from the same address.</font>

<font color="#0000ff" size="4">That's so easy to ignore, and when replying to a post, I alwats edit the original text anyway, so trimming off the list admin's info and the empty ad box is a trivial task. I hope that all this noise about moving to a new group isn't being driven by people who don't know how to access the group other than through the Yahoo front door!</font>

<font color="#0000ff" size="4"></font>

<font color="#0000ff" size="4">Ed
El Cajon, CA USA
67 Rust Guppy
</font>