What Happened to the Amphicar Club Newsletters?

gzink

Has anyone recieved a newsletter lately from the club?
I paid my dues about 2 months ago and it seems like a
long time since I have received a newsletter and I
haven't received any acknowledgement that my 2008
membership is complete. I also when to Amphicar.com
and send an email to the club about a week ago asking
the same and no response.
Greg Z(Michigan)

____________________________________________________________________________________
Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

K

KERMIT

I Was Wondering The Same Thing, No New News, Just Lot's Of Posting On E Mail. P. J. H.

Midwest Amphicar

Worlds Largest Amphicar Destination
The Club has been getting a complete "make over". The process is continuing. The newsletter and acknowledgment of joining is being addressed. Be patient, but I hope to see some major positive changes soon. Look for positive change in newsletter, welcoming new members, Club merchandise, regional swim in support. Remember everyone is a volunteer and poo happens. It is time though for an actual Board member to address this forum. United We Swim Divided We Sink !!! Stay Smooth:dft003:

CapnJohn

Amphi Guru & Former IAOC President
The Club has been getting a complete "make over". The process is continuing. The newsletter and acknowledgment of joining is being addressed. Be patient, but I hope to see some major positive changes soon. Look for positive change in newsletter, welcoming new members, Club merchandise, regional swim in support. Remember everyone is a volunteer and poo happens. It is time though for an actual Board member to address this forum. United We Swim Divided We Sink !!! Stay Smooth:dft003:

As an "Actual Board member" ... the Prez in fact, I can say that we are working to correct some problems and make positive changes. The one thing that has been the biggest problem has been "life." John Lennon once said "Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans" and I think that really describes it.

Most of you do not know of the events that I experienced this last 12 months. I don't plan on listing them here. Suffice it to say they did alter a great deal of "my plans", some forever. One example of the effect was that I only took my Amphi out 2 or 3 times all last year. This is not an excuse, but merely an explination to my lack of hands on with the club. I would personally apologize to all of our members if I could. Ed (our beloved newsletter editor) has also been experiencing some personal issues as well. He has been difficult to contact as a result. PLEASE know that we are re-thinking a lot of methods and issues. The changes will be profound and I am certain that after the growing pains have subsided, we all will be part of the greatest group of people I know.

The IAOC board is currently discussing many issues right now and making changes to better serve the club as a whole. We have many ideas to provide all of you with the best "bang for the buck." We will be trying to use the funds generated by our memberships to help promote the club which will just make us better. We want ALL suggestions you may have, WE are YOU!

There will be announcments comming as soon as we are ready to make them. I can say that we now have a new Treasurer. John Capone is replacing Ron Green effective immediately. John will (and already has) bring new life to the board!

John Bevins (Prez/Webmaster)

Neal K

Congrats to John Capone. Looks like I'm off the hook. Did you get the pics
from me? Neal

_____

Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 10:03 AM
To: wvista@mind.net
Subject: RE: [General Amphicar Discussion-t-19891] Re: What Happened to the
Amphicar Club Newsletters?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midwest Amphicar View Post
<http://www.amphicar770.com/amphicarforum/images/techtwo/buttons/viewpost.gi
f>

The Club has been getting a complete "make over". The process is continuing.
The newsletter and acknowledgment of joining is being addressed. Be patient,
but I hope to see some major positive changes soon. Look for positive change
in newsletter, welcoming new members, Club merchandise, regional swim in
support. Remember everyone is a volunteer and poo happens. It is time though
for an actual Board member to address this forum. United We Swim Divided We
Sink !!! Stay Smooth
<http://www.amphicar770.com/amphicarforum/images/smilies/dft003.gif>

As an "Actual Board member" ... the Prez in fact, I can say that we are
working to correct some problems and make positive changes. The one thing
that has been the biggest problem has been "life." John Lennon once said
"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans" and I think
that really describes it.

Most of you do not know of the events that I experienced this last 12
months. I don't plan on listing them here. Suffice it to say they did alter
a great deal of "my plans", some forever. One example of the effect was that
I only took my Amphi out 2 or 3 times all last year. This is not an excuse,
but merely an explination to my lack of hands on with the club. I would
personally apologize to all of our members if I could. Ed (our beloved
newsletter editor) has also been experiencing some personal issues as well.
He has been difficult to contact as a result. PLEASE know that we are
re-thinking a lot of methods and issues. The changes will be profound and I
am certain that after the growing pains have subsided, we all will be part
of the greatest group of people I know.

The IAOC board is currently discussing many issues right now and making
changes to better serve the club as a whole. We have many ideas to provide
all of you with the best "bang for the buck." We will be trying to use the
funds generated by our memberships to help promote the club which will just
make us better. We want ALL suggestions you may have, WE are YOU!

There will be announcments comming as soon as we are ready to make them. I
can say that we now have a new Treasurer. John Capone is replacing Ron Green
effective immediately. John will (and already has) bring new life to the
board!

John Bevins (Prez/Webmaster)

Amphipoda

Amphicar Expert & Forum Contributor
As a former IAOC prez & newsletter editor I too look forward to
whatever the club has in store for its members. Not hearing
anything or receiving any mailings is most troubling... not the
legacy I had hoped for when passing the helm. :044:

Yes, life can be busy but taking the time to communicate to
300+ members is what being on the IAOC board is all about.
And remember there are many who don't use computers, the
internet or this forum to keep up with amphibious happenings...
these fine finned friends are STILL in the dark. :dft001:

I'm very pleased to hear John Cigarman Capone has stepped
up and joined the IAOC board. John brings with him commitment
and a love of the Amphicar that should greatly benefit all amphibiankind.:045:

May the amphibious gods smile upon the IAOC and return it to its
former glory!:038:

Midwest Amphicar

Worlds Largest Amphicar Destination
Nothing like an eye patch and the Jolly Roger starting to rise up the flag pole to stir some life into any club. Arggg Matey! On the other hand last 12 months have really sucked the BIG ONE in a lot of areas, like health,wealth and death. I am ready to get back to some basic FUN. Hey Cigar Guy I need a "Blunt" to bring to Fla. something about rolling a big fatty. I think that is what Grand Pa Wave asked for. Its time for a change-including Celina. Viva Life, Later Dave the Wave

cigarman

Amphicar Expert
Hello Fellow Amphibians,

I just want to thank all of you for your congratulatory comments and all your kind words.

Those of you that know me realize that anything related to the Amphicar I love from the bottom of my heart and I would do anything for a Amphicar Outing or Amphibian if they needed my help. When I received a call from members of the Board last week asking for me to step in as Treasurer I knew I had to be there for them in this time of need.

We, The Board have worked very hard with each other the last few days to get communication and togetherness a primary focus for our group and I personally assure everyone, You will see one of the strongest, devoted, realistic and trustworthy group of people representing all of you. It has been a tough past year for some of the Board members with illness and death and other distractions that were uncontrollable.

We ask for your support at this time and we will be communicating with all of you frequently to keep you posted with any changes.

I am pleased to announce that the club will be kicking in some money for each swim in around the country and abroad to help cover some the costs associated with these gatherings. The current Board Members all agree that it is important to give back to the very soul of it all (YOU) the members of the IAOC!

Over the next few days you will be receiving information on other changes, We are working hard to get the newsletter out to you as soon as possible...

Please help us by getting your dues for 2008 paid up to date, We have several members that have not paid yet that were members last year.

Please Send your checks payable to IAOC and mail to:
John Capone
Country Sports & Fine Cigars
917 Gardner Street
South Beloit, IL 61080

I have received all checks today and will be depositing them into the new Club Account in the next two days.
If you have paid in the last 2 months and your check is still outstanding It will be processed within the next week.

Also Please help by sending articles and personal stories to our editor Ed Price, and if you need a event or article posted on the web please send it to our President and Webmaster John Bevins.

Just a final note, I take this position very seriously and will do everything within my power to lead and make all of you proud of each and every Board Member.

Sincerely,

John Cigarman Capone
IAOC Treasurer

R

Ron Green

For those following this thread please read the posting on

"IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FROM IAOC"