Swim In From Illinois State Line To Downtown Rockford Sunday Sept 20th

cigarman

Amphicar Expert
Hello Everyone,
I am getting a group together to do a 4 hour river ride on the smoothest part of the Rock River in Illinois from Rockton down to Downtown Rockford. We will be traveling with the current which makes Amphi travel a breeze. We did this last year and everyone who attended had a great time...

We will start our journey at 10 am Sunday Sept 20th at my house, We will then go to a great local museum called Historic Auto Attractions for about 2 hours and then have a picnic style lunch following...

Website>>>

Welcome To Historic Auto Attractions

We will then hit the boat(car) launch at the Rock River in Rockton which is only 1 mile from the Museum. During our river cruise we will stop at a state park for a break (halfway point) then finish the cruise on the river to Downtown Rockford. We will stop at a Pizza Place for us to eat dinner, after that we can gas up and head back by land. Our day will finish approximately 6:00pm.

I have done this ride several times and it is one of my personal favorites. We have 3 cars committed so far and I would love to see any Amphi brother or sister that would like to join us. If you need info, Feel free to email me at capon23@aol.com

Cigarman

Midwest Amphicar

Worlds Largest Amphicar Destination
It was a great time last year. I am hoping to make it. I will be lone wolf since Margie will be in Vegas. Later Dave the Wave

cigarman

Amphicar Expert
Hey, Last minute swimmers!

Let me know soon if you are coming or not. I need #s for the museum and food... Thanks,
Cigarman