Swim In From Illinois State Line To Downtown Rockford Sunday August 10th

cigarman

Amphicar Expert
Hello Everyone,
I am getting a group together to do a 4 hour river ride on the smoothest part of the Rock River in Illinois from Rockton down to Downtown Rockford. We will be traveling with the current which makes Amphi travel a breeze. We will start our journey at 11am Sunday August 10th, Stop at a state park for a break, then off to Cliffbreakers (Awesome Restaurant) for a great lunch/dinner. Then finish the day on the river to Downtown Rockford. We can gas up and head back by land. Our day will finish approximately 6:00pm.
I have done this ride several times and it is one of my personal favorites. We have 4 cars committed so far and I would love to see any Amphi brother or sister that would like to join us. If you need info, Feel free to email me at capon23@aol.com

Cigarman

cigarman

Amphicar Expert
Hello All,
I Forgot to mention You can also call (Dave the Wave) Derer for information on this event. He will be there also and he knows what we will be doing.
Thanks,
Cigarman

Midwest Amphicar

Worlds Largest Amphicar Destination
Hey Cigar Guy, I am willing to bet $5 that there will be at least ten Amphibian vehicles there. Just got notice Kirsten from The Loop will be attending with Her red 67. We hope to have Our gray/blue 64 there too. We plan on camping in Byron at Rivers edge campground. This is exciting since the weather has SUCKED till now!! Later Dave the Wave

cigarman

Amphicar Expert
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!!

We have 6 cars right now coming and would love to have more. I have sent emails out to everyone close by!!!

Cigarman

Midwest Amphicar

River Road Camping & Marina 3922 River Rd Oregon 815 234-5383. This is where we will be camping. Later Dave the Wave

cigarman

Amphicar Expert
Just got word that Skip Laswell and his girlfriend Barbara will be attending. The Amphi count is up to 8 cars. Can't Wait!!!

John Capone (Cigarman)

Midwest Amphicar

Its good to have Sons. Ray and Mike have been working on BW3 or is it 4? Anyways wheel well opening was to small for cool guy rims. So Ray cut out and patterned new steel. Looks very good that car will be float able for this week end. Perfect sailing weather is fore casted. Saturday afternoon hopefully a couple of us will meet at campground. We will be warming up for Cigar Guys BIG EVENT!! Later Dave the Wave

Midwest Amphicar

Just what the Doctor ordered. BW34 ran perfect and swam perfect. Just a minor carb,starter, and bilge pump problems. We had a most excellent turn out. River was fabulous, starting out mild and ending with mildly rough water in Rockford. Hundreds of boats waving at Us. A wonderful brunch at the beautiful Cliff Breakers 4 star restaurant. With chocolate fountains and champagne. The Club helped pay for lunch ,making it a great deal for all Club members. Great Great Great, Later Dave the Wave