need some help

auburnamphi

Thanks for all the suggestions for putting in the new weatherstrip on my convertible top.Really helped out alot!!
Now,I have another problem:032:.I have a gap between the tops weatherstrip and the rear side windows? It is about an 1/4".I have tried adjusting the frame,with litlle or no luck??Any ideas??
Also,I am looking for the front seat.does anyone know where I can find one??It can be in any condition,I need the frame and tracks.
I am working on a 1964 Amphicar,I am about ready for new paint.I am keeping it red.What should I tell paint shop the color is??
Thanks Steve

Canadian four amphs

Amphicar Expert
This is a fun area.. I get calls on this all the time..maybe a good thing to put in club newsletter.
THe Conv. top has 3 bolts at the rear that can ajust it forward or down.
The glass has 2 screw bolts at the front that ajust it up or down.
the u channel has a ajustment for angle about half way down the rear fender(good luck at getting to thaT)
IF ALL ELSE FAIL SHIMMING HAS TO BE PUT IN BEHIND THE ALM, TRIM. ALL THIS SOULD BE DONE BEFORE THE TOPmaterial IS PUT on.
I am about to start on that same project. today.
By the way.. Top frames should be put on before the side glass is installed.. If you don,t well you will find out why I say this..
GORD

Canadian four amphs

Amphicar Expert
Colour.. Red...2000 Viper red is a very good substite, it is a little brighter but looks good, My red car and many of My customers is this colour.
If yo have a orginal glove box and is red inside usually that has not faded as much, you can polish it up and take it in to paint house and they can scan it.
Front seats, email me off line or Phone me.
GORD.(AMPHICAR CANADA)
705 327 2820

tazman

thanks for the update Gord, Chuck Chuck

-----Original Message-----

To: tazman3115@aol.com

Sent: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 6:35 am

Subject: RE: [General Amphicar Discussion-t-19884] Re: need some help

This is a fun area.. I get calls on this all the time..maybe a good thing to put in club newsletter.

THe Conv. top has 3 bolts at the rear that can ajust it forward or down.

The glass has 2 screw bolts at the front that ajust it up or down.

the u channel has a ajustment for angle about half way down the rear fender(good luck at getting to thaT)

IF ALL ELSE FAIL SHIMMING HAS TO BE PUT IN BEHIND THE ALM, TRIM. ALL THIS SOULD BE DONE BEFORE THE TOPmaterial IS PUT on.

I am about to start on that same project. today.

By the way.. Top frames should be put on before the side glass is installed.. If you don,t well you will find out why I say this..

GORD

PeterP

Would it make sense to distill all of that into a writeup in the howto's/faqs section of the site?

If anyone has pictures of the relevant areas, I can put it all into a document for future reference...

Capt. Harry

Bilge Rat
IT MAKES SENSE !!!!

PeterP <> wrote: Would it make sense to distill all of that into a writeup in the howto's/faqs section of the site?

If anyone has pictures of the relevant areas, I can put it all into a document for future reference...