Midwest Amphicar Delivers!

Mike in N.H.

My latest Amphi just arrived home after a much needed visit to Midwest Amphicar in Mendota IL. I cant say enough good things about the quality, fit, and attention to detail that went into the metal work in this car. I was always impressed by the quarter panels and trays that Dave manufactures but I was afraid my local body guy wouldnt know about all the tricks one must know to in order to really get an Amphi "right". Sending the car to Dave was one of my better decisions in life. The car looks factory correct at close inspection. I cant find anything that could have been done better.My bodyshop friends around here who saw it before and after are sure its a different car (its not). Dave was in close contact with me during the process so there were no surprises when the bill came, The Amphicar community is fortunate to have an honest craftsman like Dave to go to.

R

rpung

I had him do some work on my transmission. I was there when he took it apart. Wow, very impressive with his knowledge with these things too. Midwest Amphicar is also fun to tour!!! It got me motivated with my amphi project.

StephenChu

I had three Amphicars from November 17, 1967 to 1993. They all rusted out. Never got the have the blue one. Always wanted a fibreglass Dutton Reef.

lvflyer

I bought this 4WD Dutton AND my restored Amphicar within TWO weeks of each other. I had the Dutton for TWO years and then sold it. I took BOTH in my private FRESH WATER lake in DRY, WARM Las Vegas. I drive the Amphicar in the lake and when I take it out of the lake, I rinse it off and wipe it down from top to bottom - NO RUST to worry about

Attachments

• IMG_2350.JPG
    IMG_2350.JPG
    971.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2352.JPG
    IMG_2352.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 0

lvflyer

I had three Amphicars from November 17, 1967 to 1993. They all rusted out. Never got the have the blue one. Always wanted a fibreglass Dutton Reef.
I bought this 4WD Dutton AND my restored Amphicar within TWO weeks of each other. I had the Dutton for TWO years and then sold it. I took BOTH in my private FRESH WATER lake in DRY, WARM Las Vegas. I drive the Amphicar in the lake and when I take it out of the lake, I rinse it off and wipe it down from top to bottom - NO RUST to worry about

Attachments

• IMG_2350.JPG
    IMG_2350.JPG
    971.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2352.JPG
    IMG_2352.JPG
    1,017.9 KB · Views: 1