Lake Mirror Car Show, Lakeland, Fl

rayhand

The Lake Mirror Car Show was very good. Better than I had anticipated. The weather started off cloudy & cool, but changed to warm & partly sunny. We were waiting to splash in around one when Ford Heacock came over & introduced himself. They had us parked over by the boat ramp, so no driving through the crowd. We had people walking by all day, asking questions. He asked when we were going in & I told him around one, but that nobody had told us for sure & that there were a few rumors going around. That's when he told us that we could go in whenever we wanted & that we could go in as many times as we wanted. The city didn't want us going in fast because of the threat of erosion to their ramps. We also didn't go in while the wooden boats were having their parade. They stayed tied up while we were out, so that seemed fair. Dennis Gage from My Classic Car was also on hand. I did get to take him for a ride in my Amphicar & he taped the ending of his show from my Amphicar. All in all a good time. We had four Amphicars there. Ray

AHOY1967

Sounds like fun Ray, I'll bet your amphi is red! Mine is white and it is here in Warren, MI shivering in my garage right now! Enjoy your winter down there, Karl

chapron67

Nope! But I am an amphicar owner!

Greg Long, Virginia

http://web.me.com/dschapron67/Amphicar/Welcome.html

Sent: Fri, October 23, 2009 12:11:26 AM
Subject: RE: [General Amphicar Discussion-t-20594] Re: Lake Mirror Car Show, Lakeland, Fl

Are you Karl Schwab? And if you are, are you back to doing Amphicar things? Ray

AHOY1967

Hello Ray; Yup, I am Karl Schwab with the white amphi that you and your wife and your amphi went out on Lake St. Clair once!

My amphi has been sitting in my garage for the past 2 years waiting for me to do brake work on it! I have all of the parts, I have just been doing other things. Now it is to cold in MI so I'll have to wait a few months. Drop me a note off of this list, we still live at the same address. Say hello to Chris for me. Karl

HDavidS

No, I am David Sinclair from MiniAuto.com

however we do have Amphicar miniatures in 1:43 scale in several colors and
also a die cast German police Amphicar

DS

----------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, October 23, 2009 12:49 AM
To: dave@miniauto.com
Subject: RE: [General Amphicar Discussion-t-20594] Re: Lake Mirror Car
Show, Lakeland, Fl

Are you Karl Schwab? And if you are, are you back to doing Amphicar things?
Ray