Gord Souter Canada

C

capon23@aol.com

<table id="role_body" style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: Arial" bottomMargin="7" leftMargin="7" topMargin="7" rightMargin="7"><font id="role_document" face="Arial" color="#000000" size="2">
I second that Dave,

I have personally seen Gord's work and there aredefinitely no shortcuts and if there is a problem he fixes it!!!.. And another issue is why would he even bother to switch parts when he has so much in NO S new parts.. The guy is full of @$%?, look at his payment history and business practices.. Gord, No fear out here...

John (Cigarman)</font>

D

David Derer

I have had the pleasure of working with Gord Souter. He is above average
when it comes to honesty. He works to improve and listens to
constructive criticism. Apparently there is some one out there that is
causing him trouble. I have to side with Gord on this one 100%. Later
Dave the Wave -Midwest Amphicar

A

a_colo_native

--- In amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com, David Derer <dmd@...> wrote:
>
> I have had the pleasure of working with Gord Souter. He is above
average
> when it comes to honesty. He works to improve and listens to
> constructive criticism. Apparently there is some one out there
that is
> causing him trouble. I have to side with Gord on this one 100%.
Later
> Dave the Wave -Midwest Amphicar
>

I have to also say that while Gord and I don't see eye to eye on a
couple of things he does not take it as a personal attack and
listens to our differences of opinion. I would have no problem with
him working on my car or doing business with him. He has ALWAYS been
a standup guy and honest with me. When you buy from Gord, you get an
accurate description as he understands the correct use of the
terminology (I.E. NOS, replacement, reproduction and used) so if you
expect NOS you get NOS and not a reproduction or replacement part.

I consider him a friend and my door is always open to him. I do not
know what this is all about, but if it has anything to do with
Gord's character I would also stand behind Gord 100% based on my
experiences with him.

John Bevins
Rocky Mountain Amphicar
Board member/Webmaster IAOC

S

Scott Whaley

Gord Souter sold me most of the parts I needed for a total restoration, what he didn't have he told me who had it. He advised me on some parts he had located which are not original amphicar but work as good to save me $. I would call with a long list of questions which Gord took the time to answer. He is honest and a friend I hope to see at least every year in Celina, and other swimin's . Scott Whaley

David Derer <dmd@essex1.com> wrote: <blockquote class="replbq" style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid"> <div id="ygrp-text"> I have had the pleasure of working with Gord Souter. He is above average

</blockquote>

<hr size="1"> All-new Yahoo! Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.

M

Michael Echemann

<table style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" bgColor="#ffffff">

<font face="Arial" size="2">I also agree. Gord Rocks!</font>
<font face="Arial" size="2">All of the Amphicar parts suppliers are super to deal with. Gord is certainly no exception. He's a pleasure to deal with.</font>
<font face="Arial" size="2">Mike</font>
<font face="Arial" size="2"></font>

<blockquote style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<div style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message -----
<div style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black">From: David Derer
<div style="FONT: 10pt arial">To: amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com
<div style="FONT: 10pt arial">Sent: Monday, September 18, 2006 7:59 AM
<div style="FONT: 10pt arial">Subject: [amphicar-lovers] Gord Souter Canada

<div id="ygrp-text">

I have had the pleasure of working with Gord Souter. He is above average

</blockquote>

R

ron gaydis

Howdy to All, I also have seen there is an individual whom in his mind feels that for whatever reasons he did not get his moneys worth from Gord and his restoration, and also quiestions his integrity / honesty.I of course do not know this individual and am not about to bad mouth him or his thoughts, but what I will do is voice my thoughts and opinions of Gord the person and Gord the Amphicar restorer / mechanic / parts supplier. There are readers of this chat whom own or some day want to own an amphi and over time will form their own opinions of the Amphicar community.The amphicar is Gords business and also his pleasure, he takes both very serious. My name is Ron Gaydis (wife Carol). I purchase an Amphicar about two (2) years ago and the car is currently under restoration in my garage. Having never done a nut & bolt restoration on any
car I am making an Amphicar the first. That either makes me crazy or smart. Last year I attended the Celina gathering with carol at my side (She really wanted nothing to do with going along) hoping to see some cars, take photos and maybee purchase some parts and get some pointers about restoration. Well on to Gord. The second person we met at Celina was a fellow named Gord. We were looking at a car taking photos when a guy (owner of the car) says are you interested in Amphicars -- my name is Gord Souter a hand shake and as they say the rest is history. I told him that my wife had never seen on other than the one I brought home and neither one of us had ever driven in a car. Gord was the provider of our first ride (there were many more from other wonderfull amphi owners) but you can only have one first. During the ride was driving/ swimming instructions and after the ride was a solo swim with just Carol and
myself as the driver. Next of course was me driving him crazy with all the restoration quiestions and more quiestions. I have heard and seen at swim-ins if you dont see Gord around he is somewhere helping out an owner in trouble with repairs and fixes. We kept in touch after celina with parts orders and the usual quiestions. On to the Business side of Amphicars and Gord. With my car background in 1964 Comets that were made by the 100,000's you still cannot purchase repo quarter panels in either steel (Dave the Wave) or fiberglass (Gord) It amazed me at the ammount of repo Amphi items and their quality& NOS parts. As all owners know the cost of Amphicar restoration is not cheap, and we all have a budget that we all I'm sure exceeded. Gord as all business do offer a service or parts for a profit (simple Uh!!) Through experience I can say his parts are Top Quality at a fair price and his Restorations are Top
Notch in Appearance and Function. If my budget would allow Carol and I would not hesitate to give Gord free reign to do a complete restoration with no worries about not getting exceptional return for our dollar. Having seen his restorations and met their owners. Not only does he provide a Great service but has become aGreat friend to the owners of these cars. How Often Can we Say That About People We Pay to Do Work or Buy Anything From?????? Carol and myself attended the Orillia swim in this year after asking Gord if we could bring our camper along and camp on his farm for a few days. Welcomed with open arms and treated as lifelong friends we got to witness and be part of an Amphi Gathering Gord Style.There were Gord restorations and their owners a-plenty what Carol and I saw is what can be described as a Family Reunion with relatives that you can pick. Not even having a running Amphicaror having Gord do
our restioration I can say we already have a life long friend. So to put it simply there is no quiestioning the work or integrity of Mr. Gord Souter since his cars can't speak ---- their owners are more than happy to say Gord you do it the Right Way and don't let one un-happy egg spoil the Amphi Experience. Thanks for everything Ron & Carol Gaydis

<hr size="1">How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger?s low <a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman8/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39663/*http://voice.yahoo.com"> PC-to-Phone call rates.

R

rlgreen_55

I don't know that there is much more to be said regarding Gord and
his character, all positive including his lovely wife Joanne.

Some Amphi owners don't seem to realize the maintenance on these
little floating wonders. A freshly restored Amphi will soon require
adjustments, tweaking, etc as it is the nature of an amphibious
vehicle, lots of do dads to contend with. I have personally witnessed
Gord spending much of his time at swim in's working on many Amphi's
that had issues. Many were not restored by him and the few that were
needed a tweak here and there due to some of the owners just not
checking things out on a regulator basis.

When my generator went south at Celina he not only had one he let me
use his Amphi to go get a shaft key at NAPA. And by the way Gord if
you don't soon tell what I owe you for the generator the statue of
limitations may one day run out.

Ron Green
IAOC Board Member

--- In amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com, ron gaydis <r64comet@...>
wrote:
>
> Howdy to All,
>
> I also have seen there is an individual whom in his mind
feels that for whatever reasons he did not get his moneys worth from
Gord and his restoration, and also quiestions his integrity /
honesty. I of course do not know this individual and am not about to
bad mouth him or his thoughts, but what I will do is voice my
thoughts and opinions of Gord the person and Gord the Amphicar
restorer / mechanic / parts supplier. There are readers of this chat
whom own or some day want to own an amphi and over time will form
their own opinions of the Amphicar community. The amphicar is Gords
business and also his pleasure, he takes both very serious.
>
> My name is Ron Gaydis (wife Carol). I purchase an Amphicar
about two (2) years ago and the car is currently under restoration in
my garage. Having never done a nut & bolt restoration on any car I am
making an Amphicar the first. That either makes me crazy or smart.
Last year I attended the Celina gathering with carol at my side (She
really wanted nothing to do with going along) hoping to see some
cars, take photos and maybee purchase some parts and get some
pointers about restoration. Well on to Gord.
>
> The second person we met at Celina was a fellow named Gord.
We were looking at a car taking photos when a guy (owner of the car)
says are you interested in Amphicars -- my name is Gord Souter a hand
shake and as they say the rest is history. I told him that my wife
had never seen on other than the one I brought home and neither one
of us had ever driven in a car. Gord was the provider of our first
ride (there were many more from other wonderfull amphi owners) but
you can only have one first. During the ride was driving / swimming
instructions and after the ride was a solo swim with just Carol and
myself as the driver. Next of course was me driving him crazy with
all the restoration quiestions and more quiestions. I have heard and
seen at swim-ins if you dont see Gord around he is somewhere helping
out an owner in trouble with repairs and fixes. We kept in touch
after celina with parts orders and the usual quiestions.
>
> On to the Business side of Amphicars and Gord. With my car
background in 1964 Comets that were made by the 100,000's you still
cannot purchase repo quarter panels in either steel (Dave the Wave)
or fiberglass (Gord) It amazed me at the ammount of repo Amphi items
and their quality & NOS parts. As all owners know the cost of
Amphicar restoration is not cheap, and we all have a budget that we
all I'm sure exceeded. Gord as all business do offer a service or
parts for a profit (simple Uh!!) Through experience I can say his
parts are Top Quality at a fair price and his Restorations are Top
Notch in Appearance and Function. If my budget would allow Carol and
I would not hesitate to give Gord free reign to do a complete
restoration with no worries about not getting exceptional return for
our dollar. Having seen his restorations and met their owners. Not
only does he provide a Great service but has become a Great friend to
the owners of these cars. How Often Can we Say That
> About People We Pay to Do Work or Buy Anything From??????
>
> Carol and myself attended the Orillia swim in this year
after asking Gord if we could bring our camper along and camp on his
farm for a few days. Welcomed with open arms and treated as lifelong
friends we got to witness and be part of an Amphi Gathering Gord
Style.There were Gord restorations and their owners a-plenty what
Carol and I saw is what can be described as a Family Reunion with
relatives that you can pick. Not even having a running Amphicar or
having Gord do our restioration I can say we already have a life long
friend. So to put it simply there is no quiestioning the work or
integrity of Mr. Gord Souter since his cars can't speak ---- their
owners are more than happy to say Gord you do it the Right Way and
don't let one un-happy egg spoil the Amphi Experience.
>
> Thanks for everything
>
> Ron & Carol Gaydis
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------
> How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone
call rates.
>

M

Mike Israel

Re: Re: Gord Souter Canada

<table><div style="font-family:times new roman, new york, times, serif;font-size:12pt"><div style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">Yes, I will add myself to the Gord fan-club. He has contributed immensely to the Amphicar community as a whole. I have purchased many items from Gord over the years and have also admired many of his restorations. On the very rare occassion that I did have a problem with a part, (keep in mind that when you are talking about New Old Stock that these items are still 40+ years old), Gord was always willing and ready to make it right. He has made available many parts that were either previously unobtainable or were priced in the stratosphere.
<div style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">
<div style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">Many Amphi owners are floating today because of Gord. He has worked with many folks to give them options for restoration within their budget. Compare that to the big guys like WhitePost who will not even touch your car unless you commit to a nut and bolt restoration and will have you sitting in primer $50k later. I would certainly have no reservations about turning my own Amphicar over to Gord for restoration or repair.
<div style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">
<div style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">Finally, thereare not many people out there whowill toss a set of Amphicar keys to someone they hardly know and tell them to go have fun. Gord is that rare individual.

C

casabala1@aol.com

<table id="role_body" style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: Arial" bottomMargin="7" leftMargin="7" topMargin="7" rightMargin="7"><font id="role_document" face="Arial" color="#000000" size="2">
To all Club Members [ in particular Cigarman and Bilgemaster]

It's okay to rush toGord 's defense but for the record I am the one who has an issue with Gord Souter .
FirstI have never broadcast my concerns to anyone publicly , certainly not in this forum . However when satisfactory responses were no forthcoming I did e-mail Bilgemaster about some of my concerns . A mistake i now realize .Judging from the responses the Bilgemaster simply informed Gord of my concerns/ issues, heard his side of story and the praises poured in.
Thank you Bilgemaster because your e-mail was most helpful .
Cigarman What right do you have to write what you did. You know nothing about me , only what Souter told you. To voice opinions that could only have come from Souter is not smart.
It's slanderous and tempting to respond too. However your e-mail is helpful because it substantiates Gord's efforts to prove credibility and discredit me . Had it not been for your e-mail I would not have said anything.
If I did not initially feel about Souter as you all have expressed why wouldI hand over the keys to him for a restoration .
Be assured you I did notwant this situation to develop into what it has and wish that it were possible to go intomoredetail.
But this is not the forum andI have no wish to stir the fire and get Cigarman cranked up.
Let's leave at this : Gord was paid by me over $30,000.00 to restore my ''67" .
As a consequence I like any club member am entitled toan opinion .
Because of the legalities involved it is impossible to disclose anything negative issues in any way other than through the court system.

Red 67 still sitting</font>

C

casabala1@aol.com

It's okay to rush toGord 's defense but for the record I am the one who has an issue with Gord Souter .
FirstI have never broadcast my concerns to anyone publicly , certainly not in this forum . However when satisfactory responses were no forthcoming I did e-mail Bilgemaster about some of my concerns . A mistake i now realize .Judging from the responses the Bilgemaster simply informed Gord of my concerns/ issues, heard his side of story and the praises poured in.
Cigarman What right do you have to write what you did. You know nothing about me , only what Souter told you. To voice opinions that could only have come from Souter is not smart.
It's slanderous and tempting to respond too. However your e-mail is helpful because it substantiates Gord's efforts to prove credibility and discredit me . Had it not been for your e-mail I would not have said anything.
If I did not initially feel about Souter as you all have expressed why wouldI hand over the keys to him for a restoration .
Be assured you I did notwant this situation to develop into what it has and wish that it were possible to go intomoredetail.
But this is not the forum andI have no wish to stir the fire and get Cigarman cranked up.
As a consequence I like any club member am entitled toan opinion .
Because of the legalities involved it is impossible to disclose anything negative issues in any way other than through the court system.

Red 67 still sitting</font>

B

Bill Connelly

<table bgColor="#c8e0d8" background="">
<font size="2">
pancake_bunny.jpg
</font>
<font size="2"></font>
Sorry there Graham, butwhen you write below how, "..Judging from the responses the Bilgemaster simply informed Gord of my concerns/ issues , heard his side of story and the praises poured in,"I can honestly assure you that your judgement is impaired.I have neither recall nor record of ever having received any "offlist" email from you concerning any matter, nor of having evercontacted you or anyone else concerning you except via this List (when I took the time to post some assorted info and links concerning fuel taps in response to a posting you had made requesting same).Consequently, I could not have discussed whatever the hell your problem may be with Gord or anyone else. The reason you're reading so many voices rising up in support of Gord's longstanding and proven reputation for fairness and evenhandedness has <u>nothing</u> to do with me, but since you ask,I guess you can add me to the "Gord Booster Club": aside from being a helluva guy, if it wasn't for Gord, I'd have no rear brakes. And when UPS dropped the ball (through absolutely no fault of his), hepicked it up and made it right.

~Bilgey~

<font size="2">----- Original Message -----
<font size="2">To: amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2006 7:41 PM
Subject: Re: [amphicar-lovers] Gord Souter Canada

It's okay to rush to Gord 's defense but for the record I am the one who has an issue with Gord Souter .
First I have never broadcast my concerns to anyone publicly , certainly not in this forum . However when satisfactory responses were no forthcoming I did e-mail Bilgemaster about some of my concerns . A mistake i now realize . Judging from the responses the Bilgemaster simply informed Gord of my concerns/ issues , heard his side of story and the praises poured in.
If I did not initially feel about Souter as you all have expressed why would I hand over the keys to him for a restoration .
Be assured you I did not want this situation to develop into what it has and wish that it were possible to go into more detail.
But this is not the forum and I have no wish to stir the fire and get Cigarman cranked up.
As a consequence I like any club member am entitled to an opinion .

Red 67 still sitting</font></img>
</td></tr>
Attachment: (image/jpeg) pancake_bunny.jpg [not stored]

B

Bill Connelly

<table bgColor="#c8e0d8" background="">
<font size="2">
pancake_bunny.jpg
</font>
<font size="2"></font>
Sorry there Graham, butwhen you write below how, "..Judging from the responses the Bilgemaster simply informed Gord of my concerns/ issues , heard his side of story and the praises poured in,"I can honestly assure you that your judgement is impaired.I have neither recall nor record of ever having received any "offlist" email from you concerning any matter, nor of having evercontacted you or anyone else concerning you except via this List (when I took the time to post some assorted info and links concerning fuel taps in response to a posting you had made requesting same).Consequently, I could not have discussed whatever the hell your problem may be with Gord or anyone else. The reason you're reading so many voices rising up in support of Gord's longstanding and proven reputation for fairness and evenhandedness has <u>nothing</u> to do with me, but since you ask,I guess you can add me to the "Gord Booster Club": aside from being a helluva guy, if it wasn't for Gord, I'd have no rear brakes. And when UPS dropped the ball (through absolutely no fault of his), hepicked it up and made it right.

~Bilgey~

<font size="2">----- Original Message -----
<font size="2">To: amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com

It's okay to rush to Gord 's defense but for the record I am the one who has an issue with Gord Souter .
First I have never broadcast my concerns to anyone publicly , certainly not in this forum . However when satisfactory responses were no forthcoming I did e-mail Bilgemaster about some of my concerns . A mistake i now realize . Judging from the responses the Bilgemaster simply informed Gord of my concerns/ issues , heard his side of story and the praises poured in.
If I did not initially feel about Souter as you all have expressed why would I hand over the keys to him for a restoration .
Be assured you I did not want this situation to develop into what it has and wish that it were possible to go into more detail.
But this is not the forum and I have no wish to stir the fire and get Cigarman cranked up.

Red 67 still sitting</font></img>
</td></tr>
Attachment: (image/jpeg) pancake_bunny.jpg [not stored]

L

Larry & Nancy Solheim

Gord is a good guy and I am not aware of the issues here, but Bilgey, your photo is <font face="comic sans ms" color="#c00000" size="3">GREAT ! <font size="2">(grate ?) </font></font>It fits and is certainly in keeping with your philosophy. Thanks! --Larry

Bill Connelly <amphicar@cox.net> wrote: <blockquote class="replbq" style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid"> <div id="ygrp-text">
pancake_bunny.jpg
Sorry there Graham, butwhen you write
below how, "..Judging from the responses the Bilgemaster simply informed Gord of my concerns/ issues , heard his side of story and the praises poured in,"I can honestly assure you that your judgement is impaired.I have neither recall nor record of ever having received any "offlist" email from you concerning any matter, nor of having evercontacted you or anyone else concerning you except via this List (when I took the time to post some assorted info and links concerning fuel taps in response to a posting you had made requesting same).Consequently, I could not have discussed whatever the hell your problem may be with Gord or anyone else. The reason you're reading so many voices rising up in support of Gord's longstanding and proven reputation for fairness and evenhandedness has <u>nothing</u> to do with me, but since you ask,I guess you can add me to the "Gord Booster Club": aside from being a helluva guy, if it wasn't for Gord, I'd
have no rear brakes. And when UPS dropped the ball (through absolutely no fault of his), hepicked it up and made it right. ~Bilgey~
----- Original Message -----
From: casabala1@xxxx To: amphicar-lovers@<wbr>yahoogroups.<wbr>com

First I have never broadcast my concerns to anyone publicly , certainly not in this forum . However when satisfactory responses were no forthcoming I did e-mail Bilgemaster about some of my concerns . A mistake i now realize . Judging from the responses the Bilgemaster simply informed Gord of my concerns/ issues , heard his side of
story and the praises poured in.
Let's leave at this : Gord was paid by me over $30,000.00 to
restore my ''67" .

Red 67 still sitting </blockquote>

<hr size="1">Stay in the know. Pulse on the new Yahoo.com. Check it out.

L

Larry & Nancy Solheim

Gord is a good guy and I am not aware of the issues here, but Bilgey, your photo is <font face="comic sans ms" color="#c00000" size="3">GREAT ! <font size="2">(grate ?) </font></font>It fits and is certainly in keeping with your philosophy. Thanks! --Larry

Bill Connelly <amphicar@cox.net> wrote: <blockquote class="replbq" style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid"> <div id="ygrp-text">
pancake_bunny.jpg
Sorry there Graham, butwhen you write
below how, "..Judging from the responses the Bilgemaster simply informed Gord of my concerns/ issues , heard his side of story and the praises poured in,"I can honestly assure you that your judgement is impaired.I have neither recall nor record of ever having received any "offlist" email from you concerning any matter, nor of having evercontacted you or anyone else concerning you except via this List (when I took the time to post some assorted info and links concerning fuel taps in response to a posting you had made requesting same).Consequently, I could not have discussed whatever the hell your problem may be with Gord or anyone else. The reason you're reading so many voices rising up in support of Gord's longstanding and proven reputation for fairness and evenhandedness has <u>nothing</u> to do with me, but since you ask,I guess you can add me to the "Gord Booster Club": aside from being a helluva guy, if it wasn't for Gord, I'd
have no rear brakes. And when UPS dropped the ball (through absolutely no fault of his), hepicked it up and made it right. ~Bilgey~
----- Original Message -----
From: casabala1@xxxx To: amphicar-lovers@<wbr>yahoogroups.<wbr>com

First I have never broadcast my concerns to anyone publicly , certainly not in this forum . However when satisfactory responses were no forthcoming I did e-mail Bilgemaster about some of my concerns . A mistake i now realize . Judging from the responses the Bilgemaster simply informed Gord of my concerns/ issues , heard his side of
story and the praises poured in.
Let's leave at this : Gord was paid by me over $30,000.00 to
restore my ''67" .

Red 67 still sitting </blockquote>

<hr size="1">Stay in the know. Pulse on the new Yahoo.com. Check it out.

C

casabala1@aol.com

Please accept at this point my apologies if i was mistaken.
At the time i was very upset and needed some advice from another restorer.
Following Cigarman's attackItried to resist responding but the context of that e-mail
burned me up since he had to have had a one sided conversation with Gord.
As it stands right now the courts will be deciding the case .
AgainI do apologize will research the contactI made and with whom .
One thing puzzles my attorney and I . Nothing was ever said to anyone about Gord or my issues yet all of a sudden here comes this outpouring of love for him , PLUS CIGARMAN'S COMMENTS.

Graham R </font>

C

casabala1@aol.com

Please accept at this point my apologies if i was mistaken.
At the time i was very upset and needed some advice from another restorer.
Following Cigarman's attackItried to resist responding but the context of that e-mail
burned me up since he had to have had a one sided conversation with Gord.
As it stands right now the courts will be deciding the case .
AgainI do apologize will research the contactI made and with whom .
One thing puzzles my attorney and I . Nothing was ever said to anyone about Gord or my issues yet all of a sudden here comes this outpouring of love for him , PLUS CIGARMAN'S COMMENTS.

Graham R </font>

L

lah20car@aol.com

<font FACE="arial,helvetica"><font SIZE="2" PTSIZE="10" FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">In a message dated 9/20/2006 4:54:34 AM Central Daylight Time, casabala1@aol.com writes:

<blockquote TYPE="CITE" style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">yet all of a sudden here comes this outpouring of love for him </blockquote></font><font COLOR="#000000" BACK="#ffffff" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE="3" PTSIZE="12" FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">

</font><font COLOR="#000000" BACK="#ffffff" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE="2" PTSIZE="10" FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">

Guess he's that kinda guy---plus

One thing puzzles my attorney and I

</font><font COLOR="#000000" BACK="#ffffff" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE="3" PTSIZE="12" FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">

That may be the rest of the story</font>

L

lah20car@aol.com

<font FACE="arial,helvetica"><font SIZE="2" PTSIZE="10" FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">In a message dated 9/20/2006 4:54:34 AM Central Daylight Time, casabala1@aol.com writes:

<blockquote TYPE="CITE" style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">yet all of a sudden here comes this outpouring of love for him </blockquote></font><font COLOR="#000000" BACK="#ffffff" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE="3" PTSIZE="12" FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">

</font><font COLOR="#000000" BACK="#ffffff" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE="2" PTSIZE="10" FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">

Guess he's that kinda guy---plus

One thing puzzles my attorney and I

</font><font COLOR="#000000" BACK="#ffffff" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE="3" PTSIZE="12" FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">

That may be the rest of the story</font>

R

rlgreen_55

Graham, The IAOC is a small community of friends as you probably well
know and as you and others have mentioned exposing all / slandering
on the list would not be in the best interest of our club.

That said I want to relate a story regarding someone who blatantly
ripped me off a few years ago even though a contract was signed. They
trashed a house, stole a tank of oil, etc. Having filed all the
correct papers and going the court route and winning I still have
zero dollars, and many thousands to go if I desire collection. In
other words the lawyers win again. If at all possible Gord and you
must put forth your best efforts to resolve this dispute out of court
and especially away from the lawyers. It all starts with speaking to
each other in a civil manner and trying to understand both sides of
the story.

I have been involved in the old car hobby many years, have many
vehicles and have spend many tens of thousands of dollars in their
restorations, purchases, etc. Spending 30K on a Amphi who's
restoration turns out to be a decent driver and swimmer is a bargain
in today's market. Double or triple that for a nut and bolt all parts
NOS or factory original Pebble Beach Concours Amphi restoration.

As I stated in a previous post a freshly restored vehicle will always
seems to have a few issues once finished as is the nature of working
with 40 year (plus) old mechanics and metal. For example; if a
restoration shop used some of your old parts like a fuel pump trying
to save you some dollars and after receiving and driving your car if
goes bad, who should pay for its replacement. In my opinion it would
be me but others may differ? Enough said.

Ron Green

--- In amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com, casabala1@... wrote:
>
> Please accept at this point my apologies if i was mistaken.
> At the time i was very upset and needed some advice from another
restorer.
> Following Cigarman's attack I tried to resist responding but the
context of
> that e-mail
> burned me up since he had to have had a one sided conversation
with Gord.
> As it stands right now the courts will be deciding the case .
> Again I do apologize will research the contact I made and with
whom .
> One thing puzzles my attorney and I . Nothing was ever said to
anyone about
> Gord or my issues yet all of a sudden here comes this outpouring
of love for
> him , PLUS CIGARMAN'S COMMENTS.
>
> Graham R
>

R

rlgreen_55

Graham, The IAOC is a small community of friends as you probably well
know and as you and others have mentioned exposing all / slandering
on the list would not be in the best interest of our club.

That said I want to relate a story regarding someone who blatantly
ripped me off a few years ago even though a contract was signed. They
trashed a house, stole a tank of oil, etc. Having filed all the
correct papers and going the court route and winning I still have
zero dollars, and many thousands to go if I desire collection. In
other words the lawyers win again. If at all possible Gord and you
must put forth your best efforts to resolve this dispute out of court
and especially away from the lawyers. It all starts with speaking to
each other in a civil manner and trying to understand both sides of
the story.

I have been involved in the old car hobby many years, have many
vehicles and have spend many tens of thousands of dollars in their
restorations, purchases, etc. Spending 30K on a Amphi who's
restoration turns out to be a decent driver and swimmer is a bargain
in today's market. Double or triple that for a nut and bolt all parts
NOS or factory original Pebble Beach Concours Amphi restoration.

As I stated in a previous post a freshly restored vehicle will always
seems to have a few issues once finished as is the nature of working
with 40 year (plus) old mechanics and metal. For example; if a
restoration shop used some of your old parts like a fuel pump trying
to save you some dollars and after receiving and driving your car if
goes bad, who should pay for its replacement. In my opinion it would
be me but others may differ? Enough said.

Ron Green

--- In amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com, casabala1@... wrote:
>
> Please accept at this point my apologies if i was mistaken.
> At the time i was very upset and needed some advice from another
restorer.
> Following Cigarman's attack I tried to resist responding but the
context of
> that e-mail
> burned me up since he had to have had a one sided conversation
with Gord.
> As it stands right now the courts will be deciding the case .
> Again I do apologize will research the contact I made and with
whom .
> One thing puzzles my attorney and I . Nothing was ever said to
anyone about
> Gord or my issues yet all of a sudden here comes this outpouring
of love for
> him , PLUS CIGARMAN'S COMMENTS.
>
> Graham R
>