Forum Software Update

mike_israel

Amphicar Forum Admin
Staff member
All,

You may notice that the site looks a bit different. This evening I performed a major software update which improves some things and has the opposite effect on some others. The old software version will no longer be supported so it was not really a choice.

One down-side is that the new release breaks most of the Add-Ins and style sheets which will have to be reinstalled (and repurchased in many cases). The biggest loss is that the feature to receive all new posts by email is no longer supported. I will likely implement another option which will let users subscribe to either a daily or weekly digest.

You will notice enhanced support for attachments, ability to bookmark posts and a more mobile friendly experience. If you do discover something that is not working as it should, please let me know.

I did have to switch to some new anti-spam components and am keeping fingers crossed that they are as effective as the old ones without blocking legitimate users. Keeping the balance is kind of like trying to design a car that both drives and swims!

Thanks,

Mike

Last edited: