engine serial #

AL67

1966 - vin#106522206 engine # on plate GK1669HE but engine block wich is origanal says GK1321HE any thoughts may have ben changed when new

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    137.7 KB · Views: 18
  • image0 (2).jpeg
    image0 (2).jpeg
    70.6 KB · Views: 19

AL67

guess what im saying is anyone with original cars find engine ser # not the same as plate says

awoodc

Amphicar Expert
You may not have an original car engine. A lot of plates were floating around the Amphicar storage depots in those days and Carlstadt was the biggest and run by Ranchero Motors which was the U S distributor. Was very easy to swap an engine and make a new plate. This car is not on the Aug 1965 inventory so was sold prior to the end of August.
Allan
Red '66

Attachments

• VIN106522206.pdf
    584.3 KB · Views: 17

awoodc

Amphicar Expert
CORRECTION - I should have said it would have been easy to swap an engine at the Carlstadt amphicar depot or anywhere else after the car arrived in the US.
Allan
'66 red

AL67

Thanks for your reply so you think they just put parts to make it and is it really a 66 and the engine is Amphicar according to block#

awoodc

Amphicar Expert
No way to tell for sure. I think car came in per plate numbers and someone changed the engine. Also find a spot maybe in the engine compartment and grind the paint down to the metal. Good Luck!
Allan
'66 Red

AL67

Body work is in process and only primer and blue. I have had car for 45 years and finally restoring .It came from dealer in manlius ny and my brother bought from a co worker for 15 dollars and he got tired of it and I gave him 75 for it LOL . Patched it up after I bought it and drove it on Oneida lake a few times and just held on to it till I could restore it. Just could never let it go!!!

goobcarla

Body work is in process and only primer and blue. I have had car for 45 years and finally restoring .It came from dealer in manlius ny and my brother bought from a co worker for 15 dollars and he got tired of it and I gave him 75 for it LOL . Patched it up after I bought it and drove it on Oneida lake a few times and just held on to it till I could restore it. Just could never let it go!!!
Are you still in the central NY area? The dealer in Manlius was Francis Oley on Broadfield Road. The business was aptly named Amphicar of Manlius. My father bought a red '66 from him and took delivery on November 7, 1965 which , oddly enough, was a Sunday. That car was driven through that first winter and would go anywhere in the snow. Dad always had a part time 'side line' going on and tried to sell a few over the next year without great success...I still have one stashed and like you said...just can't let it go!

Gary

AL67

That’s funny I’ll have to read the dealer sticker it’s still there. Thanks for serial # info I’m not going to try to figure that out and won’t be selling at Barrett Jackson. I moved from NY 24 years ago to Pensacola Fl.