Souter top installed

gzink

just installed Gord Souter Black top a few years beyond useful life of my old one due to prograstination. Was easier to install than I thought when included instructions are followed. Super nice top Gord.

DField

webmail problem

Does anyone know why I cannot open some (about 10%) of my Amphicar Lover's digest message I receive on my web mail.? No problem with any other messages.

Dave

PS see message below

Application Error

We were unable to perform your request, please try again.

Canadian four amphs

Amphicar Expert
I just removed a top damaged by fire smoke(and complete interior)
and will be putting on the new top. will take a few install pics I can put on my web with instrutions to help all.
a few tips is to use a hole punch and make hole in rear about 1/4 inch so bolts go threw easyer, and use longer studed snaps.
the big one is the side trim,make 3 holes with punch in side glass rubber, install on aLU. trim before you put on car, then just run the 3 srews threw rubber and trim and your done./
Do not install side snaps untill car has seen a few weeks of sun,
Side zippers!!! eather do not use or make a very noticeable system that flags you when there down, I have 1 ft long straps hanging down. bought at dollar store as a kids key ring,, even found one that had Hella written on it.
GORD

B

Brian Faherty

Hi Gord

Brian Faherty here, any word on the big bushings for the front end?

Let me know

Thanks Brian

_____

Sent: Friday, May 01, 2009 1:57 PM
To: Brian Faherty
Subject: [BULK] RE: [General Amphicar Discussion-t-20407] Re: Souter top
installed
Importance: Low

I just removed a top damaged by fire smoke(and complete interior)
and will be putting on the new top. will take a few install pics I can put
on my web with instrutions to help all.
a few tips is to use a hole punch and make hole in rear about 1/4 inch so
bolts go threw easyer, and use longer studed snaps.
the big one is the side trim,make 3 holes with punch in side glass rubber,
install on aLU. trim before you put on car, then just run the 3 srews threw
rubber and trim and your done./
Do not install side snaps untill car has seen a few weeks of sun,
Side zippers!!! eather do not use or make a very noticeable system that
flags you when there down, I have 1 ft long straps hanging down. bought at
dollar store as a kids key ring,, even found one that had Hella written on
it.
GORD

Canadian four amphs

Amphicar Expert
Re: Souter top installed&Interiors

Brain...
Jeff was here and Said he is having dificulty getting the guy to make the bushings and our tools. Will keep all posted as soon as I get some...

I took a bunch of good snaps of the Conv top as I installed it today. so can send the file out to all whom buy my tops
BTW I have some Black and some white tops that will be aval in a week or two. the price for the Month of MAy will be a Special buy for $325 and will ship from Manchester NH. USP ground no charge, in USA.
I also have 2 gray Interior kits here in Ont.that the die lot was a bit darker than the swath we ordered from,(only a shade) but I will sell these for $1075.00 Pl shipping.Reg. $1300. these kits are for the Red Amphicars but would look really good in any colour of Amphi.
GORD.