Radio

SNOWBIRD

Amphicar Expert
I meet a fellow at auto flea market with a booth and radio,s, he had many on display for Mustangs T birds chev,s etc.
I asked about Amphicar and he asked for a dash template. I gave him the real thing.
He has fitted a new, fit exact in the holes radio with all the new ports to att.comp. chips and cables to etc.. It is Neg. ground so cars have to be converted(see John F>for gas guage conv.) or go to all the hassle of a converter thingey.
I have not recvieved the 1st one back yet but is in the mail. It is very expensive compared to my Walmart tastes,I will keep you informed when it arives.
GORD S<

SNOWBIRD

Amphicar Expert
I also have a radio here that was in the Dan A, car.. it is one of those period correct, under dash, remove from car and take to beach. with short wave etc,
I had it sent out and bill was $270.00 about 5 years ago, still just sitting here not used so will sell it for that amount if anyone is interested.It has 6 D type batterys, I just opened it up. yuk what a mess, anyway if you want to see pictures of it ----google-----
BLAUPUNKT DERBY 94770 there is alot of info on it.. says 1959-60 era. I have Orginal instructions and wireing diagram too.
GORD>

Send a picture when you get it & let us know how much.* Ina

Sent: Thu, September 30, 2010 7:01:30 AM
Subject: [General Amphicar Discussion-t-20896] Radio

I meet a fellow at auto flea market with a booth and radio,s, he had many on
display for Mustangs T birds chev,s etc.
I asked about Amphicar and he asked for a dash template. I gave him the real
thing.
He has fitted a new, fit exact in the holes radio with all the new ports to
att.comp. chips and cables to etc.. It is Neg. ground so cars have to be
converted(see John F>for gas guage conv.) or go to all the hassle of a converter
thingey.
I have not recvieved the 1st one back yet but is in the mail. It is very
expensive compared to my Walmart tastes,I will keep you informed when it arives.
GORD S<

SNOWBIRD

Amphicar Expert
When the new one arives I will post a picture of it..

the old one you can see if you google ...BLAUPUNKT Derbby 94770