Migration of Amphicar Forum to New Web Host Completed

mike_israel

Amphicar Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi All,

The migration of the amphicar forum to a new hosting service has been completed. The costs for our former web host had become prohibitive so it was time for a change.

I did encounter one problem, some of you may have seen it, whereby trying to post new messages produced a permissions error. If you are seing this message, that issue has been resolved.

If all went as well as I think it did, you should not notice anything different as of now. All other factors being equal, it may be a bit faster as we are running on Solid State Drives. There is always the possibilty that I missed something. If you encounter any problems, please leave a note here or else email me at amphicar770@yahoo.com.

If the forums are of value to you, consider becoming a contributing member. It is the generous donations of your amphibious bretheren who have kept this service available for 10+ years now. To make a contribution, go to: http://www.amphicar770.com/index.php?account/upgrades

Thanks,
Mike I.
Amphicar Forum Owner / Moderator / Admin / Bilge Cleaner / Etc.

Craig Parada

Craig Parada
Beautifully done - smooth and absolutely invisible transition. Thanks, Mike!

I've renewed my subscription, and urge all the rest of this group to do the same.

mike_israel

Amphicar Forum Admin
Staff member
Thanks Craig. And a big thanks to yourself and others who have made contributions to the forums. As one contributing member noted, the forums are the highest ROI tool they have ever purchased for their Amphicar and it is also the tool they use most.

I just paid to renew the hosting for 5 years, renewed support for the forum software, bought some add ins to thwart the spammers, etc. So yes, the bulk of contributions go right back into the site. Some days it is a labor of love, other days it is simply a labor!