Important announcment from the IAOC!

CapnJohn

Amphi Guru & Former IAOC President
To all IAOC members,

As you know there has been some talk about what is going on or not as the case may be. There has been Now we (The IAOC board) have made some changes that we hope will serve you well.

I realize that do to the circumstances I did not have the energy, time, focus or heart to lead this club, run the website and for a time, the Treasurer too w/o help. It was too much for this one man to handle along with working at 2 restoration shops and a small business to run. I am fully culpable and without adequate words to fully describe how I feel about this. I only ask for your understanding.

After Amphipoda left us mid-term to take care of his own priorities and we were fully understanding of his needs w/o judgment. There were no volunteers to take over so I was encouraged to step up. Reluctantly I did so only to help the cause. Since then I had several unexpected problems of my own to deal with. I came VERY close to leaving this world for shores unknown and at the least faced a very real possibility loosing a leg. After weeks in the hospital and then months on the couch, I triumphed only to have a couple of other family situations that required my undivided attention. I am truly sorry that I disappointed anyone. I tried, I failed, but at least I tried.

I have chosen to pass the Presidency on to a very capable President, Ron Green. Along with our Treasurer, John Capone I hope that now we can focus on one duty each and not 3. I will continue to run the website as I did before. There will be many changes in the near future as we can implement them. Please welcome Ron back to the board and at the helm. Ron, they're all yours, my friend!

I wanted to build some cash reserves for bigger ideas than just a X-mas gift. In the last year we managed to have the largest sum in the bank ever! ($15.000) With these funds we will now be able to do some REAL good for the folks who plan and execute Swim-Ins. They need some significant support so they can continue to do so. This will hopefully encourage others to have new sites for Swim-ins. Celina will only get better as well.

This board is a great group of people who really do care about all of you and the future of the IAOC. This is why I sit here at midnight typing this out. We truly have your best interests in mind. We want you to start letting us know what your ideas are. We can't implement all of them, but we will listen to everyone you offer. Don't just talk amongst yourselves, let us help you.

Thanks to all those who supported me in my time of need. There are no words to describe what the cards and calls meant to myself and our family :043:. I tip my hat to all of you! (If I had one on anyway)

R

Ron Green

To our esteemed members:

As Captain John pointed out there are changes on the horizon. We certainly understand that it hasn’t been the best of years for President Bevins. We thank John for all his efforts to date and his willingness to stay on the board and remaining the website guru. 2007 was an unusual year and having to rebuild the entire club roster when dues were rolling in was a huge challenge.

We have heard our members and are moving forward at a lightning pace. Within the last few days the board has voted and approved a club donation for a barbeque, etc to those who host the swim in’s. This includes our overseas members as they are very much part of this club. Many times swim in costs comes out of the pocket of those who are already willing to let us amphibians park in their yards, use their showers, eat their food, drink their beverages, etc. We will be in contact with those that host swim in’s in the very near future to discuss the details.

Getting a newsletter out ASAP is on the top of the list of things to do!!! Also please remember to send to the W&W editor Ed Price your Amphi stories, pictures, restoration tips, etc. Tell us what you would like to see and read about in the W&W.

Some other issues we will be concentrating on are discussions on personally contacting new members upon his / her entrance, contact all those members (lots!) on the list that haven't renewed their memberships, investigating a new location for the annual convention as requested by many, update the bylaws (badly needed), more timely announcements with details of upcoming swim in's (post on club’s website and newsletter in a timely manner), send out the membership roster (it has been since 2005) as was done in the past, recruit / involve our overseas members, etc, etc, etc.

Any thoughts or ideas for the betterment of IAOC please feel free to call or email me or anyone on the board.

With the Amphi season rapidly approaching for us cold weather amphibians, I hope to meet all of you at one of the swim in’s.

Ron Green

mike_israel

Amphicar Forum Admin
Staff member
John,

you are being far too harsh on yourself. During your tenure you have accomplished a lot and I am sure everyone appreciates your stepping up. One example is the IAOC web site. I do not think many pros could have topped it. So, I for one say thank you.

I can also appreciate how life can throw you unexpected curve balls. I had a few of my own to deal with in the past 6 months and I know that mine were minor in comparison to what you have had to deal with. Injury, ilness, family issues, job loss, etc. are all things that can derail any of us at any time and change our priorities temporarily or permanently.

The club is run by volunteers and always has been. Add to the complexity that these are folks who are spread out across the country. Herding cats is never easy. Those of us who have been around a while realize how far the club has come thanks to the time and effort of others. If it were easy, the club would not be begging for candidates when it is time to elect new board members.

So thanks John and all the past club presidents (Mark, Poda, and even Jeff Sweet). Thanks to Ron for stepping up and taking the helm moving forward.

Cheers,

Mike

Amphipoda

Amphicar Expert & Forum Contributor
Capt John, sorry to hear of your difficulties mate and I
wish to be one of the first to thank you for your efforts
and also wish you well in your continued support of the
IAOC website. Long live the webmaster! :dft009:

And just for the record... I served a full 2 year term (2005
-06) as prez & newsletter editor in full accordance to the
club by-laws and did not leave "mid-term to take care of my
own priorities." I did step down after my second
year and made what I believed to be a smooth transition
handing over the prez helm to you and the newsletter duties
to Ed. I checked in periodically in early 2007 to see if all was
well and then faded into amphibious obscurity where I belong. :005:
But hey, no hard feelings here mate, just setting the record straight.

And lastly I wish to thank Ron Green for re-entering the IAOC as
the new prez. Having worked with Ron on numerous IAOC projects
(most notably the trade marking of the word "Amphicar" for the club
members) I can comfortably state we are in good hands... err FINS
with Ron at the helm. :045:

Long live the IAOC!!!