Here at Parker, AZ

• Thread starter Larry & Nancy Solheim
  • Start date
L

Larry & Nancy Solheim

45+ days of rain back home in the PacNW, but they're on 107+ days of NO RAIN here! Mid-upper 70s daytime& upper 40s nighttime. Parked on the bank of the Colorado River at LaPaz County Park for a week now, we've been having a terrific time touring and exploring the river swimming Amphi. We originally planned to leave today, but extended until Monday to enjoy the weekend and attend a SuperBowl party (GO SEAHAWKS!). Felt an unusual pull to port on our midnight cruise home from the Red Rock campfire last night and discovered this morning that we had a broken prop.No visual sign of impact and we didn't notice bumping anything, but although still attached, one blade is about 3/4 fractured. Our last three days here this tripwill be swim free, but Amphi still enjoys massive attention. "Changing props" will be added to the installation of
the Friese clutch and ss acceleration cableprojects on our arrival home. This is certainly the way to spend winter! --Larry, Nancy & Amphi

<hr size="1"> Yahoo! Mail - Helps protect you from nasty viruses.

C

Con Oamek

Larry,

You can use my garage and tools if you want to change your prop while you are in Southern California, and stay a while longer. We are in Redlands, about half way between you and Hugh Gordon.

Con Oamek

Larry & Nancy Solheim <amphi662001@yahoo.com> wrote:<blockquote class="replbq" style="border-left: 2px solid rgb(16, 16, 255); margin-left: 5px; padding-left: 5px;"> 45+ days of rain back home in the PacNW, but they're on 107+ days of NO RAIN here! Mid-upper 70s daytime& upper 40s nighttime. Parked on the bank of the Colorado River at LaPaz County Park for a week now, we've been having a terrific time touring and exploring the river swimming Amphi. We originally planned to leave today, but extended until Monday to enjoy the weekend and attend a SuperBowl party (GO SEAHAWKS!). Felt an unusual pull to port on our
midnight cruise home from the Red Rock campfire last night and discovered this morning that we had a broken prop.No visual sign of impact and we didn't notice bumping anything, but although still attached, one blade is about 3/4 fractured. Our last three days here this tripwill be swim free, but Amphi still enjoys massive attention. "Changing props" will be added to the installation of the Friese clutch and ss acceleration cableprojects on our arrival home. This is certainly the way to spend winter! --Larry, Nancy & Amphi <hr size="1"> Yahoo! Mail - Helps protect you from nasty viruses. </blockquote>

L

Larry & Nancy Solheim

Thanks Con. We're headingout Monday (big sigh) for the mother-in-law's 80th birthday celebration which puts us on a dreaded schedule - going north up US 95 & US 93. You're in a beautiful area. We lived in Redlands briefly in the early 70s while at an Aircraft Accident Investigation course at Norton. I'd add more about the results of that beauty, but suffice to say that she's now 29, happily married, and soon tobless uswith moregrandbabies. This club (which is really nothing more than good people) is the best. We try and make this an annual 6 week tradition. (south to Solvang, east to Parker, perhaps elsewhere, then home). If the timing works out perhaps we can drop by on the 2007 loop, or even later this year if the path to Austin brings us this way? --Larry

Con Oamek
<MRCON@OAMEK.NET>
wrote: <blockquote class="replbq" style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">Larry,

You can use my garage and tools if you want to change your prop while you are in Southern California, and stay a while longer. We are in Redlands, about half way between you and Hugh Gordon.

Con Oamek

Larry & Nancy Solheim <amphi662001@yahoo.com> wrote: <blockquote class="replbq" style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: rgb(16,16,255) 2px solid"> 45+ days of rain back home in the PacNW, but they're on 107+ days of NO RAIN here! Mid-upper 70s daytime& upper 40s nighttime. Parked on the bank of the Colorado River at LaPaz County Park for a week now, we've been having a terrific time touring and exploring the river swimming Amphi. We originally planned to leave today, but extended until Monday to enjoy the
weekend and attend a SuperBowl party (GO SEAHAWKS!). Felt an unusual pull to port on our midnight cruise home from the Red Rock campfire last night and discovered this morning that we had a broken prop.No visual sign of impact and we didn't notice bumping anything, but although still attached, one blade is about 3/4 fractured. Our last three days here this tripwill be swim free, but Amphi still enjoys massive attention. "Changing props" will be added to the installation of the Friese clutch and ss acceleration cableprojects on our arrival home. This is certainly the way to spend winter! --Larry, Nancy & Amphi <hr SIZE="1"> Yahoo! Mail - Helps protect you from nasty viruses.
</blockquote>

<div style="WIDTH: 500px; COLOR: #909090; TEXT-ALIGN: center"> <hr style="WIDTH: 500px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px; TEXT-ALIGN: left"> <tt>YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS</tt>
<ul><tt> <li type="square">Visit your group "amphicar-lovers" on the web.
</tt> <tt> <li type="square">To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
amphicar-lovers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
</tt> <tt> <li type="square">Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.</tt> [/list]
<div style="WIDTH: 500px; COLOR: #909090; TEXT-ALIGN: center"> <hr style="WIDTH: 500px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px; TEXT-ALIGN: left">
<!-- |**|end egp html
banner|**| --></blockquote>

<hr size="1">Brings words and photos together (easily) with
PhotoMail - it's free and works with Yahoo! Mail.

W

Warren

My right prop did the same thing this past summer while swimming in the
lake. There was a little more vibration and the steering wheel had to be
turned to keep the car straight, but I never hit anything either. Same type
of break, 3/4 fractured...

I was given a spare by a fellow amphibian for now, but I'm waiting for Hugh
to put the props on sale again, so I could buy two new ones. BTW, I haven't
gotten any flyers from Hugh lately. Does that mean I'm off the mailing list
or is my wife throwing them away so I don't spend anymore money? Anyone
else not getting the flyers?

-- Warren

> Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 20:25:39 -0800 (PST)
> From: Con Oamek <MRCON@OAMEK.NET>
> Subject: Re: Here at Parker, AZ
>
> Larry,
>
> You can use my garage and tools if you want to change your prop
> while you are in Southern California, and stay a while longer.
> We are in Redlands, about half way between you and Hugh Gordon.
>
> Con Oamek
>
> Larry & Nancy Solheim <amphi662001@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Felt an unusual pull to port on our midnight cruise home from
> the Red Rock campfire last night and discovered this morning
> that we had a broken prop. No visual sign of impact and we
> didn't notice bumping anything, but although still attached, one
> blade is about 3/4 fractured.
>
> --Larry, Nancy & Amphi

L

Larry & Nancy Solheim

Re: Re: Here at Parker, AZ

Yep, sounds the same. We'll have new ones (or at least one "new to me" used one, before your swim-in in April, Warren! --Larry

Warren <kodo@tayloredsystems.com> wrote: <blockquote class="replbq" style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid"><tt>My right prop did the same thing this past summer while swimming in the
lake. There was a little more vibration and the steering wheel had to be
turned to keep the car straight, but I never hit anything either. Same type
of break, 3/4 fractured...

I was given a spare by a fellow amphibian for now, but I'm waiting for Hugh
to put the props on sale again, so I could buy two new ones. BTW, I haven't
gotten any flyers from Hugh lately. Does that mean I'm off the mailing list
or is my wife throwing them away so I don't spend anymore money? Anyone
else not getting the
flyers?

-- Warren

> Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 20:25:39 -0800 (PST)
> From: Con Oamek <MRCON@OAMEK.NET>
> Subject: Re: Here at Parker, AZ
>
> Larry,
>
> You can use my garage and tools if you want to change your prop
> while you are in Southern California, and stay a while longer.
> We are in Redlands, about half way between you and Hugh Gordon.
>
> Con Oamek
>
> Larry & Nancy Solheim <amphi662001@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Felt an unusual pull to port on our midnight cruise home from
> the Red Rock campfire last night and discovered this morning
> that we had a broken prop. No visual sign of impact and we
> didn't notice bumping anything, but although still attached, one
> blade is about 3/4 fractured.
>
>
--Larry, Nancy & Amphi

</tt>
<div style="WIDTH: 500px; COLOR: #909090; TEXT-ALIGN: center"> <hr style="WIDTH: 500px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px; TEXT-ALIGN: left"> <tt>YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS</tt>
<ul><tt> <li type="square">Visit your group "amphicar-lovers" on the web.
</tt> <tt> <li type="square">To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
amphicar-lovers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
</tt> <tt> <li type="square">Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.</tt> [/list]
<div style="WIDTH: 500px; COLOR: #909090; TEXT-ALIGN: center"> <hr style="WIDTH: 500px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px; TEXT-ALIGN: left">
<!-- |**|end egp html
banner|**| --></blockquote>

<hr size="1">Brings words and photos together (easily) with
PhotoMail - it's free and works with Yahoo! Mail.