Having trouble finding outer boots for my Amphicar with Eddie Dillard rear axles.

WBParts

Hello all,

I am new to the forums and am looking for a good resource or some help finding the rear axle outer boots for an amphicar with the Eddie Dillard axles. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

WBParts

Well it seems one got a small tear in it. Unfortunately when I call I either get a "let me call you back I'm driving" or hung up on. Not sure why just trying to get some axel boots. Any other resources on these or advice on something that will fit. I literally said "Hi, my name is ______ and I'm looking for some axel boots" then I just heard click, and now I call back and do not get an answer. Is this guy always like this?

Eddie

You called and I told you to call back Monday,
I got everything ready to send to you and you never called.

P.s. like I’ve told you email is best
( amphicar@yahoo.com) I work a full time job and raise 5 kids so I’m not always available to answer the phone.

WBParts

Eddie,
I'm sorry it has all came to this drama, 10 months ago my boss needed a boot for his Amphicar car that happened to have your axles on it(which everyone says are great axles). I had a conversation with you then that I needed a boot and would like a couple extra and it all went great. Nothing ever showed up and I used your email and phone messages and no answer back. In September you answered one of my calls and said you were on a test drive and to call you back in 10 minutes. That is the last time I have been able to talk to you myself. In March I had an employee call and you accepted his call and as soon as he said where he was from (click) the line went dead. He left 2 messages with no reply, then on March 5th we decided to try the forum for an alternative. My boss who owns the car tried later in April and you answered the phone and you told him you just shipped them to us and that we should have them. I then new we did not have them as I do the parts recieving, I then called and left a message that we had not received the parts and could I get a tracking number. My boss told me to call and just order 3 more so I left a message with no return. So when you say you still have them and someone didn't call you back on a Monday I'm confused. You have all of our info from many messages and some emails and you know what we want and how many and as I said in my message, if you don't still have our credit card on file I am not emailing that over an unsecured email site, I need to give it to you on the phone. Sounds like your pretty busy with the kids and that is great because kids today do need alot of attention to keep them on the straight and narrow. That all being said, we have a car which has a set of your axles on it that work great but we unfortunatly have a torn boot on the right rear outer and would like 2 extras. I will today send you an email as you requested also with my phone # and we will try to get this resolved and move forward. Thanks for your time, Larry @ Wilson Marine.

Hello all,

I am new to the forums and am looking for a good resource or some help finding the rear axle outer boots for an amphicar with the Eddie Dillard axles. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
So, welcome to this form. I am, in New Jersey & I don't usually go on this form but a friend of mine said I should check out your note. I delt with Eddie Dillard a year ago March & had an absolute horrible experience. I will be glad to talk to you about it personally but I feel you should call the Florida licensing department as I did. Another Amphicar friend & owner had a similar bad experience when he purchased CV joints from Eddie, waited months for his joints after sending a lot of money, kept phoning & not getting results, and was finally sent a poor product. ( I will not discuss his situation that is for him to deal with.) By the way, eddie and his wife Elaine do not have five kids! They have 3 preschool age kids. Actually, the oldest girl by now might be in kindergarten. They all go to day care or baby care. Feel free to call me if you would like to talk about any of this because I will not post more about it. Ina (609-351-1002)

amphi-Ben

Hello , i know Eddy and his family personally.
And i can tell you that Eddy doesn't has got 3 kids, not 5 kids but he's got 6 KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5 of the 6 kids live with him and his second wife.
And the oldest one is in highschool!!!!!!!!!!
Ina why is it that where ever you had your car fixed , noboby wants to work on your car ever again and it has got nothing to do with your car.
I know people that use his axels and they are very happy with them.
Ok yes he is very very busy and yes sometimes he forgets something that happens when you are very busy , happens to me to.

dougklink

Okay maybe a dumb question but what's wrong with the original CV joints? I use my car a lot and have never had trouble with them.

Jon March

nothing wrong per se - except that the joints are exposed to dirt, salt, and water immersion, whereas the cv type joints are protected from those things - heres a good comparison -