Front Bumper Brackets

Tedredamphi

Platinum Subscriber
:032: What is the correct color for the front bumper brackets? Color of car, black, or ?? My bumper had red brackets on a white car!!
Thanks,
Ted

CapnJohn

Amphi Guru & Former IAOC President
:032: What is the correct color for the front bumper brackets? Color of car, black, or ?? My bumper had red brackets on a white car!! Thanks, Ted

Ted - They should be gloss black, the tow hook will be the color of the car.

john.dewar

I bought an original 1968 Amphi which had never been restored. The car is beach sand white but the tow hook was black. I striped the tow hook for painting and never found any white paint under the the black paint indicating that the hook was always black. Pleas advise. John Dewar

LAH20CAR

Just to further cloud the issue and add my 2 cents worth

My red car was original, one owner and both the bumper brackets and tow hook were black with a smigin of rust

How do I get rid of all these unread messages I don't want to read :032::032:

CapnJohn

Amphi Guru & Former IAOC President
Gord Souter told me that the tow hooks were satin black on all cars. Chuck

Not true, Some cars the hook was painted at the same time as the body. Some cars sometimes did had black hooks. As with Amphicars, there are many oddities.

mike_israel

Amphicar Forum Admin
Staff member
Hugh Gordon told me same thing at Celina (all tow hooks are black). Then again, in the world of Amphicars there were lots of exceptions coming from the factory so anything is possible.

john.dewar

Hugh Gordon told me same thing at Celina (all tow hooks are black). Then again, in the world of Amphicars there were lots of exceptions coming from the factory so anything is possible.

Thanks for the help guys. Just trying to keep my car original. John Dewar

tazman

I stand corrected!! I promise I won't post anymore unless I verified the fax.Bad Luck Chuck?

-----Original Message-----
To: tazman3115@aol.com
Sent: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 11:18 pm
Subject: RE: [General Amphicar Discussion-t-19916] Re: Front Bumper Brackets

Quote:

Originally Posted by tazman

Gord Souter told me that the tow hooks were satin black on all cars. Chuck

Not true, Some cars the hook was painted at the same time as the body. Some cars sometimes did had black hooks. As with Amphicars, there are many oddities.