engine cooling fan

bkahler

We've just about completed our move from Arkansas to Kentucky and I'm in the process of inventorying all of the parts for our Amphicar in the hopes that I can start working on it later this year. One thing that seems to have come up missing is the engine cooling fan that mounts on the water pump pulley.

What I would like to know is whether the fan is a Triumph part the same as used on Triumph Heralds or Spitfires or is it a custom fan developed for the Amphicar by the manufacturer?

Bottom line is I now have to locate a replacement fan :(

Dave_the_Wave, I'll probably be contacting you in a few months about getting some outside rear lower quarter panels.

Thanks,

Brad
Amphi 101232

jfriese

Brad,

I tried many different fans on the Amphicar and nothing works as well as the original Amphicar fan. It is a very aggressive fan. I didn't see anything from Triumph that was the like it so I think Amphicar made it. Chances are someone with a larger parts stock than I have can find one for you. I have a spare but would rather hold onto it for the time being.

John Friese
67 White
67 Red

Canadian four amphs

Amphicar Expert
Now that I have moved my office to the basement, which is where I keep my stock I have only to walk a few paces to check stock.
I have 3 painted redy to go fans hanging from the rafters.$60 and used parts If I have are 1/2 of new usually
I am going to Evansville and can bring parts to that show If ordered ahead of time.