Color Wiring Diagram

tpls63

I made it a little easier to read the wiring diagram for your Amphicar. I colored in all the wires and have it in 4 parts so you can print each on an 8 1/2 X 11 paper and tape them all together. It makes it very easy to follow.
You can down load and print them from here:
http://tpls63.tripod.com/amphi.html

cigarman

Amphicar Expert
Tom,
Your color chart is fabulous. I appreciate someone taking the time to create it. I will use it all the time..
Thank-you
Cigarman
Great Lakes Amphicar

R

Ron Green

Tom has agreed to allow the club to post the diagrams onto the IAOC website. THANK YOU! Also hoping to have something in a future newsletter to inform the members of these. To bad I'm color blind.

Ron Green

CapnJohn

Amphi Guru & Former IAOC President
I have high resolution full color schematics I produced about 10+ years ago in 3 sizes (A, B and D sizes) and sold them laminated and as a soft copy (included with the CDs I made). I was almost done making it a "click-able" graphic that you could choose any component and see the actual components photo in full color detailing each connection with proper connections and routing. I also have it in PDF format showing each component in full color linking to every component showing in detail each connection linking where it came from and where it leads to, many by hi-resolution photos. I also have a fully text searchable complete set of all 3 manuals with hi resolution re-touched photos that won't take a month to load like the current low quality scans that you can't search the text for specific details. I planned on recreating the B&W factory photos with full color, hi-res photos I've taken while restoring them myself. I have many of the photos, but it's not worth completing for just myself.

Here is an example...

Attachments

• schematic_TN.jpg
    schematic_TN.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 108

chad reingardt

The link up top by tlps63 does not work. I am having trouble tracing wires on an amphicar. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Jon March

John Bevins, who did the color diagrams from the original Amphicar black & whites, is a wonderful fellow - he has an incredible Amphi rigged up with custom controls to allow him to enjoy it, even as a wheelchair pilot - he was so nice when I called him - he might recall what is what - Also, Scott or Bob at Gordon Imports in California, knows the cars better than anyone, and also sell the harnesses - and they might help you as well...

chad reingardt

John Bevins, who did the color diagrams from the original Amphicar black & whites, is a wonderful fellow - he has an incredible Amphi rigged up with custom controls to allow him to enjoy it, even as a wheelchair pilot - he was so nice when I called him - he might recall what is what - Also, Scott or Bob at Gordon Imports in California, knows the cars better than anyone, and also sell the harnesses - and they might help you as well...

Do you happen to have that contact information for any of them?

mike_israel

Amphicar Forum Admin
Staff member
John is fairly active here, click on the little email icon at top right and you can message him through the forums. Gordon Imports, just give them a call at (562) 802-1608