Coastal Living Magazine - July/August 2008

Amphipoda

Amphicar Expert & Forum Contributor
In August of 2007 some local San Diego Amphi owners met
with a reporter and photographer from Coastal Living magazine.
Nearly a year later... the July/August 2008 issue finally put the
story and images to print. Worth waiting for since our Amphis
actually made the centerfold! :005:
And they actually got most of the facts and quotes right. :rolleyes:

Amphipoda: There was a lady at a camp next to my friends and she was reading coastal living!
and she said to her husben that she whould like to get one of these cars/boat, And out the corner of her eyes?? here i come with the same color car driving right into the water. As soon as i got back
to shore she came running over, She was so happy to see one in real life"" She said she will trade the magazine for a ride? So off we went, and she said that just made her weekend. So the rest of the day i just gave rides and everybody had a blast.
Paul 67 blue NY

To: pvcj@hotmail.comSubject: [General Amphicar Discussion-t-20080] Coastal Living Magazine - July/August 2008Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 16:10:37 -0400From:

In August of 2007 some local San Diego Amphi owners met with a reporter and photographer from Coastal Living magazine.Nearly a year later... the July/August 2008 issue finally put the story and images to print. Worth waiting for since our Amphis actually made the centerfold! And they actually got most of the facts and quotes right.

Amphipoda

Amphicar Expert & Forum Contributor
Ahoy Paul,

That tale warms my heart and has my gills all a flutter... :011:
Nice to hear Amphicars in print have such a positive
impact on the lives of land dwellers too.

Amphipoda: There was a lady at a camp next to my friends and she was reading coastal living!
and she said to her husben that she whould like to get one of these cars/boat, And out the corner of her eyes?? here i come with the same color car driving right into the water. As soon as i got back
to shore she came running over, She was so happy to see one in real life"" She said she will trade the magazine for a ride? So off we went, and she said that just made her weekend. So the rest of the day i just gave rides and everybody had a blast.
Paul 67 blue NY]

R

Ron Green

Paul, there is an opportunity to do a follow up for Coastal Living Magazine through channel CW11 morning news in NYC. If interested click on my name and send me an email.

The shoot will possibly be in Manhattan and we can call it "Amphi goes to the big city? or "Miracle on 34th Street including the Hudson or East River".

Ron Green

azpaul50

Ron - I don't see how I could/would be involved in something like that. We are, however, counting on eventually becoming a large coastal city once California falls into the ocean. We already have a line of beachwear called "Yuma Beach"! - Paul

To: azpaul50@hotmail.comSubject: RE: [General Amphicar Discussion-t-20080] Re: Coastal Living Magazine - July/August 2008Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 14:39:51 -0400From:

Paul, there is an opportunity to do a follow up for Coastal Living Magazine through channel CW11 morning news in NYC. If interested click on my name and send me an email. The shoot will possible be in Manhattan and we can call it "Amphi goes to the big city? or "Miracle on 34th Street including the Hudson or East River". Ron Green

Ed Price

_____

Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2008 2:34 PM
To: edprice@cox.net
Subject: RE: [General Amphicar Discussion-t-20080] Re: Coastal Living
Magazine - July/August 2008

Ron - I don't see how I could/would be involved in something like that. We
are, however, counting on eventually becoming a large coastal city once
California falls into the ocean. We already have a line of beachwear called
"Yuma Beach"! - Paul

Paul:

The way I heard it, everything east of the Colorado River is going to fall
into the Atlantic.

Ed Price
El Cajon, CA USA
61 Rust Guppy

Ron: My car runs and floats great, but i still need the inside redone. Don,t have any door panels
and have bucket seats in it. I have the regular front seat but needs to be redone.
THANKS PAUL 67-blue amphi NY

To: pvcj@hotmail.comSubject: RE: [General Amphicar Discussion-t-20080] Re: Coastal Living Magazine - July/August 2008Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 14:39:51 -0400From:

Paul, there is an opportunity to do a follow up for Coastal Living Magazine through channel CW11 morning news in NYC. If interested click on my name and send me an email. The shoot will possible be in Manhattan and we can call it "Amphi goes to the big city? or "Miracle on 34th Street including the Hudson or East River". Ron Green

Ron Green: If you are talking to me Paul from Albany NY? Here is my work# from 6:00am to 3:00pm
518-474-3951 Home after 4:00 518-843-5607
Thanks Paul from NY

To: pvcj@hotmail.comSubject: RE: [General Amphicar Discussion-t-20080] Re: Coastal Living Magazine - July/August 2008Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 14:39:51 -0400From:

R

Ron Green

Yes amphicarowner I was talking to you regarding this shoot since I saw you live nearby. They want a amphi ASAP and the car would need to be 100% done. I have spoken to another owner close by who is willing to do this but it doesn't hurt to have a back up just in case.

Ron Green

azpaul50

I'm afraid mine won't make it in time as we're pulling the engine/tranny back out to repair some hull holes. We're not having much success either with the clutch after replacing everything. If we adjust it so that it doesn't clash when putting it in gear, we lose any clutch pull. If we adjust it to get pull, it clashes horribly. We're doing all this work in 120+ deg temps as the shop I use isn't air conditioned. Slow going in Yuma, my amigo. I'll have to pass. - Paul Shedal

To: azpaul50@hotmail.comSubject: RE: [General Amphicar Discussion-t-20080] Re: Coastal Living Magazine - July/August 2008Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 11:41:22 -0400From:

Yes amphicarowner I was talking to you regarding this shoot since I saw you live nearby. They want a amphi ASAP and the car would need to be 100% done. I have spoken to another owner close by who is willing to do this but it doesn't hurt to have a back up just in case.Ron Green

azpaul50

Ahah! New York! *LOL* Now I get it! That ain't me... but I'll certainly be looking forward to anything involving Amphis on TV! Good luck with that! - Paul IN ARIZONA! 113 degrees today and the heat ain't that dry!

To: azpaul50@hotmail.comSubject: RE: [General Amphicar Discussion-t-20080] Re: Coastal Living Magazine - July/August 2008Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 09:17:01 -0400From:

Ron Green: If you are talking to me Paul from Albany NY? Here is my work# from 6:00am to 3:00pm518-474-3951 Home after 4:00 518-843-5607 Thanks Paul from NYTo: pvcj@hotmail.comSubject: RE: [General Amphicar Discussion-t-20080] Re: Coastal Living Magazine - July/August 2008Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 14:39:51 -0400From: Paul, there is an opportunity to do a follow up for Coastal Living Magazine through channel CW11 morning news in NYC. If interested click on my name and send me an email. The shoot will possible be in Manhattan and we can call it "Amphi goes to the big city? or "Miracle on 34th Street including the Hudson or East River". Ron Green__________________________________________________ _______________Need to know now? Get instant answers with Windows Live Messenger.http://www.windowslive.com/messenger...ssenger_072008

azpaul50

Ed- I think so too. That Andreas fault line that supposedly ends at Bombay Beach, CA is only 60 miles from Yuma "as the crow flies." I sold my Eliminator picklefork a few years ago (built in La Mesa there on Magnolia St.) due to the hazards of power boating on the Colorado. After watching those CALIFORNIA jet skis wiping out boat after boat through the years, I decided it was patently unsafe...but half of San Diego was out there every holiday (and at the Imperial Sand dunes during the winter) so if it happens during a prime recreation time, half of SoCal will already be here! *LOL* - Paul

To: azpaul50@hotmail.comSubject: RE: [General Amphicar Discussion-t-20080] Re: Coastal Living Magazine - July/August 2008Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 06:29:12 -0400From:

_____ From: azpaul50 [mailto:] Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2008 2:34 PMTo: edprice@cox.netSubject: RE: [General Amphicar Discussion-t-20080] Re: Coastal LivingMagazine - July/August 2008Ron - I don't see how I could/would be involved in something like that. Weare, however, counting on eventually becoming a large coastal city onceCalifornia falls into the ocean. We already have a line of beachwear called"Yuma Beach"! - PaulPaul:The way I heard it, everything east of the Colorado River is going to fallinto the Atlantic.Ed PriceEl Cajon, CA USA61 Rust Guppy

Ron: one day mine will be complete? All done except the inside.
Thanks anyway Paul NY

To: pvcj@hotmail.comSubject: RE: [General Amphicar Discussion-t-20080] Re: Coastal Living Magazine - July/August 2008Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 11:41:22 -0400From:

Yes amphicarowner I was talking to you regarding this shoot since I saw you live nearby. They want a amphi ASAP and the car would need to be 100% done. I have spoken to another owner close by who is willing to do this but it doesn't hurt to have a back up just in case.Ron Green

R

Ron Green

113 degree Paul (AZ) & not quite done Paul (NY): there will be future opportunities and since you both appear interested IAOC will definitely keep you in mind.

Ina from NJ stepped up once again. Ina has went from basically learning how to operate her amphi, to completing the Delaware crossing shoot and now onto the big apple for the Channel 11 Coastal Living follow up shoot. Hopefully she will hold an autograph session at Celina. :dft012:

Only kidding of course however she has stepped up and helped the club out.

R

Ron Green

In August of 2007 some local San Diego Amphi owners met
with a reporter and photographer from Coastal Living magazine.
Nearly a year later... the July/August 2008 issue finally put the
story and images to print. Worth waiting for since our Amphis
actually made the centerfold! :005:
And they actually got most of the facts and quotes right. :rolleyes:

Val picked up a copy of Coastal Living and the pictures are crystal clear and the story is great. Highly recommended! Hopefully the TV morning news follow up that Ina will be doing for them in NYC will be just as good.