Anyone know the source of this New York Amphi photo ?

I would love a copy on the wall of my den but the digital version I have isn't high enough resolution. Anyone know where it's from so I can hopefully get hold of a copy to make a print ?
amphicar liberty.jpg

Had a note is what part of a photo shoot for a hip-hop band in 2005. I think the owner of the car is John Isetta. Anyone know him ?

Cap'n John

I believe it was for "Esquire" magazine. It was a 3 page foldout that had Run DMC in the car. You could clearly see grey duct tape on the doors! I would have thought thye would use clear tape if needed. I used to have it on the club site when I built it up to over 80 webpages. It was on a page "Amphicars in the news" that I set up. I have no idea if it still exists or not. I do notice a lot of my work is still in use on the site.

LSolheim

I believe it was for "Esquire" magazine. It was a 3 page foldout that had Run DMC in the car. You could clearly see grey duct tape on the doors! I would have thought thye would use clear tape if needed. I used to have it on the club site when I built it up to over 80 webpages. It was on a page "Amphicars in the news" that I set up. I have no idea if it still exists or not. I do notice a lot of my work is still in use on the site.

Good Memory, JB! That article is still live, but the specific picture that Cameron is looking for is not in the file. The only possibly decent resolution picture is a 5MB version of the attached w/ DMC. I sent a PM to Cameron and can email the larger version if he'd like it..

vanity_fair_Nov05_1035W.jpg

Just looking again - I'm not 100% sure it's the same car ! Note there is tape on the door and a license number but also in the first photo it looks like there is a mirror on the fender and no sunvisors ! I found a reference to a John Isetta on the first photo but Dad said he has not heard of anyone in the Amphicar world with that name and it may be made up after the Isetta bubble car !? If it was a New York car wouldn't it also have needed a front (road) license plate.
Anyone recognise the driver in that first photo ? I'm surprised how difficult it seems to be to track it down !