Amphicar shocks

Canadian four amphs

Amphicar Expert
I have said all this before but here we go again,
I do not sell shocks as they have to be modified which deletes all Warrantees,
I have been using Kimpex shocks on all my amphicars since 2005 when Jeff found the #s that would work and fitted his Amphicar..
Kimpex shocks are gas filled and are much stronger than original shocks and there price has got very high in the last year, up here they went from $75 to $115 each.
the part # for the rears is 04-268 mods have to be done to upper and lower bushing. I use the old bushing housing off old shocks(spring and spring holder of old shock too) and put new bushings in from spring shop. part #RB71 or is it RB 57,, ones for front ones for rear..
Big ones rear, smaller one front..
Front shocks,for early cars is 04-266.. no mod is needed other than pressing in bushings. a clip to hold top of spring is aval. 04-296-05 and a spring with less stiffness should be installed.. I think I use 04-296.
Front shocks for late cars is 04-258(or also 04-168) again bushing pressed into bottom but top has to be cut off, shaft machined and treaded the same as old one, and top parts reused.
All these shocks have a lower treaded spring plate that can ajust the load stronger or weaker for just the right ride.
As you can see this is no easy job but once on and painted black they look very close to Original shocks and price if you do them yourself is feasible, to sublet them out would be costly thou.
GORD.