1968 ?

C

capon23@aol.com

<table id="role_body" style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: Arial" bottomMargin="7" leftMargin="7" topMargin="7" rightMargin="7"><font id="role_document" face="Arial" color="#000000" size="2">
John Friese,

You would think that they used some common sense on the auction... At the beginning of the whole auction the hosts said something like. "The first day is a great day for bargains and for the new collector to get a nice car or learn the auction and how it works" I think that is why the president of Barrett Jackson talked about the Amphicar He realized they screwed up!!!

I am happy for my buddy Dave Wavemanwho will be surrounded by the best cars of the auction. I would not be surprised for Dave's car to surpass the white one.. We all need a break in life and I think his time has arrived...

CIGARMAN</font>

<font style="color: black; font: normal 10pt ARIAL, SAN-SERIF;"><hr style="MARGIN-TOP: 10px">See what's free at AOL.com. </font>

C

capon23@aol.com

<table id="role_body" style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: Arial" bottomMargin="7" leftMargin="7" topMargin="7" rightMargin="7"><font id="role_document" face="Arial" color="#000000" size="2">
John Friese,

You would think that they used some common sense on the auction... At the beginning of the whole auction the hosts said something like. "The first day is a great day for bargains and for the new collector to get a nice car or learn the auction and how it works" I think that is why the president of Barrett Jackson talked about the Amphicar He realized they screwed up!!!

I am happy for my buddy Dave Wavemanwho will be surrounded by the best cars of the auction. I would not be surprised for Dave's car to surpass the white one.. We all need a break in life and I think his time has arrived...

CIGARMAN</font>

<font style="color: black; font: normal 10pt ARIAL, SAN-SERIF;"><hr style="MARGIN-TOP: 10px">See what's free at AOL.com. </font>

J

John Friese

I see the listing that calls the White car at BJ's a 68 model but I
don't see a locking steering column in the photos. The only other car
I've heard called a 68 is one of Tommy's and I'm quite sure it had
such a column.

How is the order of the auction established. It seems odd that
perhaps the best Amphi of the 3 was auctioned on the first, and
historically weakest, auction day. Dave, perhaps you know about how
BJ sets things up.

I'd also like to know what the serial number was of that white car,
anyone know?

John Friese

67 White
67 Red

J

John Friese

I see the listing that calls the White car at BJ's a 68 model but I
don't see a locking steering column in the photos. The only other car
I've heard called a 68 is one of Tommy's and I'm quite sure it had
such a column.

How is the order of the auction established. It seems odd that
perhaps the best Amphi of the 3 was auctioned on the first, and
historically weakest, auction day. Dave, perhaps you know about how
BJ sets things up.

I'd also like to know what the serial number was of that white car,
anyone know?

John Friese

67 White
67 Red

W

WB6WSN

<table style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff">
<div dir="ltr" align="left"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#ff0000" size="4"></font>

<div align="left"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4"></font>

<blockquote style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left">
<hr tabIndex="-1">

<div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left"><font face="Tahoma" size="2">From: amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com [mailto:amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of capon23@aol.com
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2007 12:45 PM
To: amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [amphicar-lovers] 1968<span class="375300805-31032007"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#ff0000" size="4"></font></span></font>
<div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left"><font face="Tahoma" size="2"><span class="375300805-31032007"></span></font>
<div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left"><font face="Tahoma" size="2"><span class="375300805-31032007"></span></font>
<div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left"><font face="Tahoma" size="2"><span class="375300805-31032007"><font face="Arial"></font>
<div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left">John Friese,
<div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left">You would think that they used some common sense on the auction... At the beginning of the whole auction the hosts said something like. "The first day is a great day for bargains and for the new collector to get a nice car or learn the auction and how it works" I think that is why the president of Barrett Jackson talked about the Amphicar He realized they screwed up!!!
<div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left">I am happy for my buddy Dave Wavemanwho will be surrounded by the best cars of the auction. I would not be surprised for Dave's car to surpass the white one.. We all need a break in life and I think his time has arrived...
<div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left">CIGARMAN
<div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left"></span></font>
<span class="375300805-31032007"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4"></font></span>
<div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left"><span class="375300805-31032007"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4"></font></span>
<div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left"><span class="375300805-31032007"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4">When you place your car with the auction, you don't have any say about where it's placed in the list schedule?</font></span>
<div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left"><span class="375300805-31032007"></span>
<div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left"><span class="375300805-31032007">
<div align="left"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4">Ed Price</font>
<div align="left"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4">El Cajon, CA USA</font>
<div align="left"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4">67 Rust Guppy</font>
<div align="left"><font color="#0000ff" size="4"></font><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#ff0000" size="4"></font></span></blockquote>

W

WB6WSN

<table style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff">
<div dir="ltr" align="left"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#ff0000" size="4"></font>

<div align="left"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4"></font>

<blockquote style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<hr tabIndex="-1">

<div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left"><font face="Tahoma" size="2">From: amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com [mailto:amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of capon23@aol.com
To: amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [amphicar-lovers] 1968<span class="375300805-31032007"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#ff0000" size="4"></font></span></font>
<div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left"><font face="Tahoma" size="2"><span class="375300805-31032007"><font face="Arial"></font>
<div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left">John Friese,
<div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left">You would think that they used some common sense on the auction... At the beginning of the whole auction the hosts said something like. "The first day is a great day for bargains and for the new collector to get a nice car or learn the auction and how it works" I think that is why the president of Barrett Jackson talked about the Amphicar He realized they screwed up!!!
<div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left">I am happy for my buddy Dave Wavemanwho will be surrounded by the best cars of the auction. I would not be surprised for Dave's car to surpass the white one.. We all need a break in life and I think his time has arrived...
<div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left">CIGARMAN
<div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left"></span></font>
<span class="375300805-31032007"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4"></font></span>
<div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left"><span class="375300805-31032007"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4"></font></span>
<div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left"><span class="375300805-31032007"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4">When you place your car with the auction, you don't have any say about where it's placed in the list schedule?</font></span>
<div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left"><span class="375300805-31032007"></span>
<div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left"><span class="375300805-31032007">
<div align="left"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4">Ed Price</font>
<div align="left"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4">El Cajon, CA USA</font>
<div align="left"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4">67 Rust Guppy</font>
<div align="left"><font color="#0000ff" size="4"></font><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#ff0000" size="4"></font></span></blockquote>

L

lah20car@aol.com

<font FACE="arial,helvetica"><font SIZE="2" PTSIZE="10" FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">In a message dated 3/31/2007 8:38:14 AM Central Daylight Time, mstrug@juno.com writes:

<blockquote TYPE="CITE" style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">O.K. I'll bite: $92,500 </blockquote>

Now thats a number I'm sure Dave would like---hope you're right</font>

See what's free at http://www.aol.com.

L

lah20car@aol.com

<font FACE="arial,helvetica"><font SIZE="2" PTSIZE="10" FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">In a message dated 3/31/2007 8:38:14 AM Central Daylight Time, mstrug@juno.com writes:

<blockquote TYPE="CITE" style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">O.K. I'll bite: $92,500 </blockquote>

Now thats a number I'm sure Dave would like---hope you're right</font>

See what's free at http://www.aol.com.

D

dave woods

So are we havin a Superbowl style Pool on todays Auction of the 66 car? These results results will be interesting to all. Will the BJ audience be there with all of thereRich friends? B6WSN <wb6wsn@cox.net> wrote: <blockquote class="replbq" style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid"> <div id="ygrp-text"> <div dir="ltr" align="left"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#ff0000" size="4"></font> <div align="left"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4"></font>
<blockquote> <div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left"> <hr tabIndex="-1"> <div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left"><font face="Tahoma" size="2">From: amphicar-lovers@<wbr>yahoogroups.<wbr>com [mailto:amphicar-<wbr>lovers@yahoogrou<wbr>ps.com] On Behalf Of capon23@aol.<wbr>com
To: amphicar-lovers@<wbr>yahoogroups.<wbr>com
Subject: Re: [amphicar-lovers] 1968<span class="375300805-31032007"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#ff0000" size="4"></font></span></font> <div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left"><font face="Tahoma" size="2"><span class="375300805-31032007"></span></font> <div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left"><font face="Tahoma" size="2"><span class="375300805-31032007"></span></font> <div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left"><font face="Tahoma" size="2"><span class="375300805-31032007"><font face="Arial"></font></span></font> <div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left">John Friese, <div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left"> <div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left">You would think that they used some common sense on the auction... At the beginning of the whole auction the hosts said something like. "The first day is a great day for bargains and for the new collector to get a nice car or learn the auction and how it works" I think that is why the president of Barrett Jackson talked about the Amphicar He realized they screwed up!!! <div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left"> <div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left">I am happy for my buddy Dave Wavemanwho will be surrounded
by the best cars of the auction. I would not be surprised for Dave's car to surpass the white one.. We all need a break in life and I think his time has arrived... <div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left"> <div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left">CIGARMAN <div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left">
<span class="375300805-31032007"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4"></font></span> <div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left"><span class="375300805-31032007"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4"></font></span> <div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left"><span class="375300805-31032007"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4">When you place your car with the auction, you don't have any say about where it's placed in the list
schedule?</font>
</span> <div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left"><span class="375300805-31032007"></span> <div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left"><span class="375300805-31032007"> <div align="left"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4">Ed Price</font> <div align="left"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4">El Cajon, CA USA</font> <div align="left"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4">67 Rust Guppy</font> <div align="left"><font color="#0000ff" size="4"></font><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#ff0000" size="4"></font></span></blockquote> </blockquote>

<hr size="1">The fish are biting.

Get more visitors on your site using <a href="
http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49679/*http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/arp/sponsoredsearch_v2.php?o=US2140&cmp=Yahoo&ctv=Q107Tagline&s=Y&s2=EM&b=50">Yahoo! Search Marketing.</a>

D

dave woods

So are we havin a Superbowl style Pool on todays Auction of the 66 car? These results results will be interesting to all. Will the BJ audience be there with all of thereRich friends? B6WSN <wb6wsn@cox.net> wrote: <blockquote class="replbq" style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid"> <div id="ygrp-text"> <div dir="ltr" align="left"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#ff0000" size="4"></font> <div align="left"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4"></font>
<blockquote> <div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left"> <hr tabIndex="-1"> <div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left"><font face="Tahoma" size="2">From: amphicar-lovers@<wbr>yahoogroups.<wbr>com [mailto:amphicar-<wbr>lovers@yahoogrou<wbr>ps.com] On Behalf Of capon23@aol.<wbr>com
To: amphicar-lovers@<wbr>yahoogroups.<wbr>com
Subject: Re: [amphicar-lovers] 1968<span class="375300805-31032007"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#ff0000" size="4"></font></span></font> <div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left"><font face="Tahoma" size="2"><span class="375300805-31032007"></span></font> <div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left"><font face="Tahoma" size="2"><span class="375300805-31032007"></span></font> <div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left"><font face="Tahoma" size="2"><span class="375300805-31032007"><font face="Arial"></font></span></font> <div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left">John Friese, <div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left"> <div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left">You would think that they used some common sense on the auction... At the beginning of the whole auction the hosts said something like. "The first day is a great day for bargains and for the new collector to get a nice car or learn the auction and how it works" I think that is why the president of Barrett Jackson talked about the Amphicar He realized they screwed up!!! <div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left"> <div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left">I am happy for my buddy Dave Wavemanwho will be surrounded
by the best cars of the auction. I would not be surprised for Dave's car to surpass the white one.. We all need a break in life and I think his time has arrived... <div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left"> <div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left">CIGARMAN <div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left">
<span class="375300805-31032007"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4"></font></span> <div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left"><span class="375300805-31032007"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4"></font></span> <div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left"><span class="375300805-31032007"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4">When you place your car with the auction, you don't have any say about where it's placed in the list
schedule?</font>
</span> <div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left"><span class="375300805-31032007"></span> <div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left"><span class="375300805-31032007"> <div align="left"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4">Ed Price</font> <div align="left"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4">El Cajon, CA USA</font> <div align="left"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4">67 Rust Guppy</font> <div align="left"><font color="#0000ff" size="4"></font><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#ff0000" size="4"></font></span></blockquote> </blockquote>

<hr size="1">The fish are biting.

Get more visitors on your site using <a href="
http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49679/*http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/arp/sponsoredsearch_v2.php?o=US2140&cmp=Yahoo&ctv=Q107Tagline&s=Y&s2=EM&b=50">Yahoo! Search Marketing.</a>

M

Mike Israel

Looks like the hammer dropped at $62k. We were all hoping for a higher number.

Still, not as bad as the Rolls that followed. With estimates of 300k, the
consigner was crying when it crossedthe blcok at $130k
>

M

Mike Israel

Looks like the hammer dropped at $62k. We were all hoping for a higher number.

Still, not as bad as the Rolls that followed. With estimates of 300k, the
consigner was crying when it crossedthe blcok at $130k
>

E

Eric M

It is dissapointing but still I think Dave will be happy with the number even
after paying
commission and stuff. It was a really sweet machine.

Eric

--- In amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Israel" <amphicar770@...> wrote:
>
> Looks like the hammer dropped at $62k. We were all hoping for a higher
number.
>
> Still, not as bad as the Rolls that followed. With estimates of 300k, the
consigner was
crying when it crossedthe blcok at $130k
> >
>

E

Eric M

It is dissapointing but still I think Dave will be happy with the number even
after paying
commission and stuff. It was a really sweet machine.

Eric

--- In amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Israel" <amphicar770@...> wrote:
>
> Looks like the hammer dropped at $62k. We were all hoping for a higher
number.
>
> Still, not as bad as the Rolls that followed. With estimates of 300k, the
consigner was
crying when it crossedthe blcok at $130k
> >
>