Sidekick II

B

Bill Connelly

<table bgColor="#fffbf0">
<font face="Arial" color="#000080">As I was answering another Amphicar owner who emailed meabout how he was on the road and had to swing in to a local library to get tohis email, it occurred to me to look into the current "rebate state" for the Sidekick II, which is a combination cell phone, web browser and digital camera, with email, instant messaging clients (AOL and Yahoo!), address book, calendar, to-do list, notepad, gamesand other useful whatnotsall rolled into one nifty and very easy-to-use handheld device. </font>
<font face="Arial" color="#000080"></font>
<font face="Arial" color="#000080">I've been using the earlier modelSidekick I (Color) for over a yearand now can't imagine now how I ever lived without it. So anyhow, it seems that by a peculiar combination of rebates from Amazon.com and the Sidekick's service provider T-Mobile, not only is the device free (normal retail price $299), but you will actually get $50 <u>beyond</u> the purchase price back if you sign up fora year's connection service with T-Mobile (which you'd need anyhow). These weird rebatecombinations come and go quickly, so if you're interested in getting one of these little marvels for free that are just the thing for an Amphicar pilot on the go, then you really shouldn't dally:</font>
<font face="Arial" size="2"></font>
<div align="center"><font face="Arial">http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00063DKVC/rupraechtwilcosm/</font>
<font face="Arial" color="#000080">Bear in mind thatyou can always check it out, and if it isn't just the beaver's whiskers, like I say, for you, you can just return it for a full refund within two weeks: no harm-no foul.</font>
<font face="Arial" color="#000080">~Bilgey~</font>
<div align="center"><font face="Arial" size="2">
space.gif

<div align="center">
space.gif
</font></img></img>
</td></tr>
Attachment: (image/jpeg) sidekickdisplayopen.jpg [not stored]</td></tr>
Attachment: (image/jpeg) sidekickinhand.jpg [not stored]

A

Amphipoda

I would like to second Bilgy's recommendation.
I've been a Sidekick user for over 4 years and
have evolved from the early black-n-white model
to the color and now the new world phone SK II.
All have been ahead of their time and the ease of
use with the built in QWERTY keyboard make this
all-in-one gadget the cat's PJ's bar none. For
example imagine floating in your Amphi, taking
photos and instantly emailing them around the
planet, then surfing the web getting a weather
report or shopping on Ebay, then playing a game
of Battleship (actually called Navy Commander)
against another Sidekick II owner in Japan.
I could go on... but I'll end by saying my
affinity for the Sidekick II is in no way in
affiliation for the Amphicar club - I just
know it's the best dang phone for a simple
minded techno geek like me.

Amphipoda~