T
tommyintpa@aol.com
Guest
In a message dated 7/2/03 12:29:49 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
nelson625@aol.com writes:
> Ed-
> Regarding your mention of "remember the declaration of marine HP being
>
> under 10 HP" - to what are your referring? Is this somewhere in the Amphicar
>
> Specs that the HP available to the props is less than 10? I ask because at
> one
> local lake, they limit "boats" to some fairly low HP - I'm not sure just how
>
> low, but it is posted. I'd be glad to learn that our craft have only 10 HP
> to
> the props that I could support with printed specs. Vic Splash Nelson - 67
> Split Personality
Hi Splash,
I remember we discussed that topic and I think we (a list member) did put it
in writhing. That is, that an Amphi has something a little less than 10 HP at
the prop. I think there was talk of making a decal that was official looking
to be applied in the area of the VIN number plate under the bonnet.
But to answer your question yes, your car is legal to swim in a lake that has
a 10HP max restriction.
I think you are like myself in that our computer skills are still being
developed but Bilgemaster is the undisputed keeper of Amphi facts.
Bilgie will you be so kind as to point us to that info? It is the time of the
year many of us will have use for it.
Maybe we could have two sets of decals made, one that stated the correct HP
at the props less than 10. And one we can use at the car shows "100HP at the
props please stay clear"
Well, off we go, it takes a surprising amount of work to keep "The greatest
show on earth" the greatest show on earth. But in can be a lot of fun.
Tommy in Tampa
White 64
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
nelson625@aol.com writes:
> Ed-
> Regarding your mention of "remember the declaration of marine HP being
>
> under 10 HP" - to what are your referring? Is this somewhere in the Amphicar
>
> Specs that the HP available to the props is less than 10? I ask because at
> one
> local lake, they limit "boats" to some fairly low HP - I'm not sure just how
>
> low, but it is posted. I'd be glad to learn that our craft have only 10 HP
> to
> the props that I could support with printed specs. Vic Splash Nelson - 67
> Split Personality
Hi Splash,
I remember we discussed that topic and I think we (a list member) did put it
in writhing. That is, that an Amphi has something a little less than 10 HP at
the prop. I think there was talk of making a decal that was official looking
to be applied in the area of the VIN number plate under the bonnet.
But to answer your question yes, your car is legal to swim in a lake that has
a 10HP max restriction.
I think you are like myself in that our computer skills are still being
developed but Bilgemaster is the undisputed keeper of Amphi facts.
Bilgie will you be so kind as to point us to that info? It is the time of the
year many of us will have use for it.
Maybe we could have two sets of decals made, one that stated the correct HP
at the props less than 10. And one we can use at the car shows "100HP at the
props please stay clear"
Well, off we go, it takes a surprising amount of work to keep "The greatest
show on earth" the greatest show on earth. But in can be a lot of fun.
Tommy in Tampa
White 64
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]