Winter Travels

• Thread starter Larry & Nancy Solheim
  • Start date
L

Larry & Nancy Solheim

After a 4-day delay for snow, had to use a heater to get the frozen water out of the towbar so it would extend & we could even make the hookup to Amphi. Lots of snow in Seattle and Portland, but things are OK on 101 along the left coast. Soon we'll see SF, Santa Cruz, Santa Barbara and the Colorado River in AZ. Amphi can't wait! She's a bit embarassed by the road slop and dirt, tho. Yeah, Dave . . . . Winter Sucks. --Larry

<hr size="1">Now that's room service! <a href="http://travel.yahoo.com/hotelsearchpage;_ylc=X3oDMTFtaTIzNXVjBF9TAzk3NDA3NTg5BF9zAzI3MTk0ODEEcG9zAzIEc2VjA21haWx0YWdsaW5lBHNsawNxMS0wNw--
">Choose from over 150,000 hotels
in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel</a> to find your fit.

L

Larry & Nancy Solheim

After a 4-day delay for snow, had to use a heater to get the frozen water out of the towbar so it would extend & we could even make the hookup to Amphi. Lots of snow in Seattle and Portland, but things are OK on 101 along the left coast. Soon we'll see SF, Santa Cruz, Santa Barbara and the Colorado River in AZ. Amphi can't wait! She's a bit embarassed by the road slop and dirt, tho. Yeah, Dave . . . . Winter Sucks. --Larry

<hr size="1">Now that's room service! <a href="http://travel.yahoo.com/hotelsearchpage;_ylc=X3oDMTFtaTIzNXVjBF9TAzk3NDA3NTg5BF9zAzI3MTk0ODEEcG9zAzIEc2VjA21haWx0YWdsaW5lBHNsawNxMS0wNw--
">Choose from over 150,000 hotels
in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel</a> to find your fit.

C

Con Oamek

Larry Where are you now? We have been without of computer access for a couple weeks, so I have been out of touch. We will be at our place on Clear Lake in Northern California for another week or so. Have my Amphicar there. You are welcometo come by if you are in the neighboarhood. Clear Lake is in Lake County, north of San Francisco and east of Ukiah. I will not have computer access while we are there (we are visiting our daughter in Sacramento today). You can call ourcell phone 951 415 6032 anytime. Con Oamek

Larry & Nancy Solheim <amphi662001@yahoo.com> wrote: <blockquote class="replbq" style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid"> <div id="ygrp-text"> After a 4-day delay for snow, had to use a heater to get the frozen water out of the towbar so it would extend & we could even make the hookup to Amphi. Lots of snow in Seattle and Portland, but things are OK on 101 along the left coast. Soon we'll see SF, Santa Cruz, Santa Barbara and the Colorado River in AZ. Amphi can't wait! She's a bit embarassed by the road slop and dirt, tho. Yeah, Dave . . . . Winter Sucks. --Larry <hr SIZE="1"> Now that's room service! <a href="http://travel.yahoo.com/hotelsearchpage;_ylc=X3oDMTFtaTIzNXVjBF9TAzk3NDA3NTg5BF9zAzI3MTk0ODEEcG9zAzIEc2VjA21haWx0YWdsaW5lBHNsawNxMS0wNw--">Choose from over 150,000 hotels
in 45,000
destinations on Yahoo! Travel</a> to find your fit. </blockquote>

C

Con Oamek

Larry Where are you now? We have been without of computer access for a couple weeks, so I have been out of touch. We will be at our place on Clear Lake in Northern California for another week or so. Have my Amphicar there. You are welcometo come by if you are in the neighboarhood. Clear Lake is in Lake County, north of San Francisco and east of Ukiah. I will not have computer access while we are there (we are visiting our daughter in Sacramento today). You can call ourcell phone 951 415 6032 anytime. Con Oamek

Larry & Nancy Solheim <amphi662001@yahoo.com> wrote: <blockquote class="replbq" style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid"> <div id="ygrp-text"> After a 4-day delay for snow, had to use a heater to get the frozen water out of the towbar so it would extend & we could even make the hookup to Amphi. Lots of snow in Seattle and Portland, but things are OK on 101 along the left coast. Soon we'll see SF, Santa Cruz, Santa Barbara and the Colorado River in AZ. Amphi can't wait! She's a bit embarassed by the road slop and dirt, tho. Yeah, Dave . . . . Winter Sucks. --Larry <hr SIZE="1"> Now that's room service! <a href="http://travel.yahoo.com/hotelsearchpage;_ylc=X3oDMTFtaTIzNXVjBF9TAzk3NDA3NTg5BF9zAzI3MTk0ODEEcG9zAzIEc2VjA21haWx0YWdsaW5lBHNsawNxMS0wNw--">Choose from over 150,000 hotels
in 45,000
destinations on Yahoo! Travel</a> to find your fit. </blockquote>

L

Larry & Nancy Solheim

Attracting a lot of attention, as usual, down US101 & CA1 with Amphi flat-towed behind the Breeze. We're already south of Northern California. Made the run from Santa Cruz to Morro Bay today, through the glorious Big Sur highlands. Nice and sunny, temp in the low to mid-60s. Sure beats the gloom and cold of winter. Had a very nice visit and dinner with Ken Chambers last night. Amphi enjoys parking at the ocean beaches, even if the waters are "off limits". Thanks for the invite, Con. --Larry

Con Oamek <MRCON@OAMEK.NET> wrote: <blockquote class="replbq" style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid"> <div id="ygrp-text"> Larry Where are you now? We have been without of computer access for a couple weeks, so I have been out of touch. We will be at our place on Clear Lake in Northern California for another week or so. Have my Amphicar there. You are welcometo come by if you are in the neighboarhood. Clear Lake is in Lake County, north of San Francisco and east of Ukiah. I will not have computer access while we are there (we are visiting our daughter in Sacramento today). You can call ourcell phone 951 415 6032 anytime. Con Oamek

Larry & Nancy Solheim <amphi662001@<wbr>yahoo.com> wrote: <blockquote class="replbq" style="BORDER-LEFT:
#1010ff 2px solid"> <div id="ygrp-text"> After a 4-day delay for snow, had to use a heater to get the frozen water out of the towbar so it would extend & we could even make the hookup to Amphi. Lots of snow in Seattle and Portland, but things are OK on 101 along the left coast. Soon we'll see SF, Santa Cruz, Santa Barbara and the Colorado River in AZ. Amphi can't wait! She's a bit embarassed by the road slop and dirt, tho. Yeah, Dave . . . . Winter Sucks. --Larry <hr SIZE="1"> Now that's room service! <a href="http://travel.yahoo.com/hotelsearchpage;_ylc=X3oDMTFtaTIzNXVjBF9TAzk3NDA3NTg5BF9zAzI3MTk0ODEEcG9zAzIEc2VjA21haWx0YWdsaW5lBHNsawNxMS0wNw--">Choose from over 150,000 hotels
in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel</a> to find your fit. </blockquote>
</blockquote>

<hr size="1">Any questions? Get answers on any topic at Yahoo! Answers. Try it now.

L

Larry & Nancy Solheim

Attracting a lot of attention, as usual, down US101 & CA1 with Amphi flat-towed behind the Breeze. We're already south of Northern California. Made the run from Santa Cruz to Morro Bay today, through the glorious Big Sur highlands. Nice and sunny, temp in the low to mid-60s. Sure beats the gloom and cold of winter. Had a very nice visit and dinner with Ken Chambers last night. Amphi enjoys parking at the ocean beaches, even if the waters are "off limits". Thanks for the invite, Con. --Larry

Con Oamek <MRCON@OAMEK.NET> wrote: <blockquote class="replbq" style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid"> <div id="ygrp-text"> Larry Where are you now? We have been without of computer access for a couple weeks, so I have been out of touch. We will be at our place on Clear Lake in Northern California for another week or so. Have my Amphicar there. You are welcometo come by if you are in the neighboarhood. Clear Lake is in Lake County, north of San Francisco and east of Ukiah. I will not have computer access while we are there (we are visiting our daughter in Sacramento today). You can call ourcell phone 951 415 6032 anytime. Con Oamek

Larry & Nancy Solheim <amphi662001@<wbr>yahoo.com> wrote: <blockquote class="replbq" style="BORDER-LEFT:
#1010ff 2px solid"> <div id="ygrp-text"> After a 4-day delay for snow, had to use a heater to get the frozen water out of the towbar so it would extend & we could even make the hookup to Amphi. Lots of snow in Seattle and Portland, but things are OK on 101 along the left coast. Soon we'll see SF, Santa Cruz, Santa Barbara and the Colorado River in AZ. Amphi can't wait! She's a bit embarassed by the road slop and dirt, tho. Yeah, Dave . . . . Winter Sucks. --Larry <hr SIZE="1"> Now that's room service! <a href="http://travel.yahoo.com/hotelsearchpage;_ylc=X3oDMTFtaTIzNXVjBF9TAzk3NDA3NTg5BF9zAzI3MTk0ODEEcG9zAzIEc2VjA21haWx0YWdsaW5lBHNsawNxMS0wNw--">Choose from over 150,000 hotels
</blockquote>

<hr size="1">TV dinner still cooling?
Check out "Tonight's Picks" on Yahoo! TV.

L

Larry & Nancy Solheim

</blockquote>

<hr size="1">TV dinner still cooling?
Check out "Tonight's Picks" on Yahoo! TV.

L

Larry & Nancy Solheim

</blockquote>

<hr size="1">Any questions? Get answers on any topic at Yahoo! Answers. Try it now.

K

Ken Chambers

Larry,

Very nice meeting up with you and Nancy over dinner the other night.
Beautiful front row view from your motor home of the sunset over
Monterey Bay (and later a new crescent moon set). I couldn't help
but notice your Amphi in the next parking spot mesmerized by the same
sights looking out over the Pacific Ocean. I understand why you
frequent that RV campground when you're in the area.

Wish there was a way we could all read about your adventurous travels
over the years with Amphi in tow. I believe you said about 50K miles
now. Just think of all those people seeing your Amphicar on the
road, the people you've spoken with about the Amphi, the rides given,
the publicity, the smiles and fun you've instilled in so many folks
and some of those wanting an Amphicar for their very selves. You're
probably singlehandedly responsible for increasing the value of each
of our Amphicars by a tidy sum. Guess advertising works.

That's quite the Amphicar ambassadorship. So thank you for a job
well done and having fun while you're at it.

Enjoyed talking with you again. Glad Nancy was there to help keep
the conversation more interesting than Amphicars alone. Have a great
time on your trip.

Best regards,
Ken Chambers, near Santa Cruz
'64 Red

> Attracting a lot of attention, as usual, down US101 & CA1 with
> Amphi flat-towed behind the Breeze. We're already south of Northern
> California.
>
> Made the run from Santa Cruz to Morro Bay today, through the
> glorious Big Sur highlands. Nice and sunny, temp in the low to
> mid-60s. Sure beats the gloom and cold of winter.
>
> Had a very nice visit and dinner with Ken Chambers last night.
> Amphi enjoys parking at the ocean beaches, even if the waters are
> "off limits".
>
> Thanks for the invite, Con.
>
> --Larry

K

Ken Chambers

Larry,

Very nice meeting up with you and Nancy over dinner the other night.
Beautiful front row view from your motor home of the sunset over
Monterey Bay (and later a new crescent moon set). I couldn't help
but notice your Amphi in the next parking spot mesmerized by the same
sights looking out over the Pacific Ocean. I understand why you
frequent that RV campground when you're in the area.

Wish there was a way we could all read about your adventurous travels
over the years with Amphi in tow. I believe you said about 50K miles
now. Just think of all those people seeing your Amphicar on the
road, the people you've spoken with about the Amphi, the rides given,
the publicity, the smiles and fun you've instilled in so many folks
and some of those wanting an Amphicar for their very selves. You're
probably singlehandedly responsible for increasing the value of each
of our Amphicars by a tidy sum. Guess advertising works.

That's quite the Amphicar ambassadorship. So thank you for a job
well done and having fun while you're at it.

Enjoyed talking with you again. Glad Nancy was there to help keep
the conversation more interesting than Amphicars alone. Have a great
time on your trip.

Best regards,
Ken Chambers, near Santa Cruz
'64 Red

> Attracting a lot of attention, as usual, down US101 & CA1 with
> Amphi flat-towed behind the Breeze. We're already south of Northern
> California.
>
> Made the run from Santa Cruz to Morro Bay today, through the
> glorious Big Sur highlands. Nice and sunny, temp in the low to
> mid-60s. Sure beats the gloom and cold of winter.
>
> Had a very nice visit and dinner with Ken Chambers last night.
> Amphi enjoys parking at the ocean beaches, even if the waters are
> "off limits".
>
> Thanks for the invite, Con.
>
> --Larry

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SNOWBIRD Winter in Florida General Amphicar Discussion 2
SNOWBIRD Winter in Florida General Amphicar Discussion 2
LSolheim Winter at the Beach General Amphicar Discussion 0
Midwest Amphicar Free Winter Storage or Why Winter Sucks General Amphicar Discussion 2
Midwest Amphicar Winter Sucks General Amphicar Discussion 4
Midwest Amphicar Mt. Dora or Winter still really sucks here General Amphicar Discussion 0
Midwest Amphicar Frozen Dead Amphicars or Winter Sucks General Amphicar Discussion 14
L Winter. General Amphicar Discussion 0
D fight back Winter General Amphicar Discussion 1
C Amphicars in Illinois in the winter General Amphicar Discussion 1
G winter General Amphicar Discussion 5
D Its nice out but Winter still sucks General Amphicar Discussion 1
D wheel cylinders winter sucks General Amphicar Discussion 1
A So Cal winter General Amphicar Discussion 0
A A reason to look forward to next winter... General Amphicar Discussion 0
R Amphicar storage, summer and winter General Amphicar Discussion 1
K More Winter General Amphicar Discussion 0
W Winter boredumb and stories General Amphicar Discussion 0
B Winter swimming in the snow General Amphicar Discussion 1
C Winter Swimming? General Amphicar Discussion 5
B Mid winter swim photos General Amphicar Discussion 0
B Mid-Winter Smiles General Amphicar Discussion 0
B Mid-winter swim General Amphicar Discussion 1
M The winter garage General Amphicar Discussion 0
D Winter Challenge 2001, Independent control of the props. General Amphicar Discussion 0
D ahhhh finally winter is over General Amphicar Discussion 0
D bilgeing winter General Amphicar Discussion 0
D beating the winter blues General Amphicar Discussion 2
M Cold winter swim... General Amphicar Discussion 0
S Winter is around the corner even in San Diego General Amphicar Discussion 0