Window crank regulator gear

dutchamphi

Proud Sponsor of the Amphicar Digest
My drivers side window suddenly starts dropping while turning the crank. I think that I have to replace the crank regulator gear (11-36-16). So I did remove the inside panel but now I am not sure how to solve the problem. Do I need to remove the window glass? It looks like it is sealed in rubber and is very tight. Any advice will be very much appreciated.

Midwest Amphicar

Worlds Largest Amphicar Destination
You will have to pull vent window assembly out. I gently bend track on glass to allow regulator "wheels" to disengage from track. You will then have enough room to wiggle regulator out.

dutchamphi

John, I have ordered one today. I'll let you know as soon as I have sorted it out. Btw, you have placed the window in this car after restoring it. Did you just put the glass in the rubber or did you use an aditional sort of sealer.

dutchamphi

You will have to pull vent window assembly out. I gently bend track on glass to allow regulator "wheels" to disengage from track. You will then have enough room to wiggle regulator out.
Do you also seperate the glass from the window fastening channel first?

It was long ago, but I think I used a glass setting urethane. You can leave it connected to the glass and pull the glass up and out with the lower channel attached. The drivers side gear was replaced, has it started skipping?

dutchamphi

It was long ago, but I think I used a glass setting urethane. You can leave it connected to the glass and pull the glass up and out with the lower channel attached. The drivers side gear was replaced, has it started skipping?
yes it does and from the top position cranking the window down, it suddenly drops 10cm. I have to pull the glass up by hand to raise it up and to get the gear taking it over again.

dutchamphi

Thanks for all your help sofar. This is what it looks like. The reproduction looks more sturdy. I'll start assembling now.

Attachments