what is best color for resale?

• Thread starter lah20car@aol.com
  • Start date
L

lah20car@aol.com

<font FACE="arial,helvetica"><font SIZE="2" PTSIZE="10" FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Dave, this is your big chance----remember when we were enjoying those imports from Jamaica--beer folks, beer----oh you don't remember---well whatever

We were just reminiscing about all the great guys in the Amphicar Club but very very few ladies----well this is your opportunity to even things out-------

Paint it HOT PINK, I always wanted one that color, errr, I mean, always wanted to see one that color. Oh yea, maybe flame red interior</font>

D

David Derer

I need to make a decision soon. I am putting a shell together for
resale. What do You think best resale color is today? Later Dave the Wave

M

Mike Israel

<table><div style="font-family:times new roman, new york, times, serif;font-size:12pt"><div style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">
The don't call it "Sell Me RED" without a reason!!

----- Original Message ----
To: "amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com" <amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 11:44:22 AM
Subject: [amphicar-lovers] what is best color for resale?

<tt>I need to make a decision soon. I am putting a shell together for
resale. What do You think best resale color is today? Later Dave the Wave

</tt>

A

Amphipoda

Bright Orange with Lime Green interior!
Seriously, Red is most popular,
followed by White, then Blue,
and finally Green... err Yellow
is a distant 5th. Why not let
the buyer decide on the color?
Or maybe one of those transistion
colors that changes like a 1970's
mood ring when the light hits it.
That might be cool very cool actually.

Amphipoda

--- In amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com, David Derer <dmd@e...> wrote:
>
> I need to make a decision soon. I am putting a shell together for
> resale. What do You think best resale color is today? Later Dave
the Wave
>

E

ECR staff

I saw go Green... then you can call it "finished in the rare Green"
when selling and I personally think it is the most 60's correct
looking color, even though mine is red.

Mike Smith

ECR
21 Tolman Road, Warren, ME 04864
ph: 207-594-8086 fax: 207-594-8120

http://www.eastcoastrover.com

ECR emails are for information exchange only, they are not quotes or
estimates. All work at ECR is done on a time and materials basis.
Install costs and overall project costs can not be given as used and
vintage vehicles vary greatly in condition.

http://www.eastcoastrover.com/FAQ.html

G

gtpeterp

>
the Wave
>

I've actually been putting some thought into this, as I am going to
have some body work done on my car and will end up getting it repainted.

Do the original colors factor heavily in a buyers decisions? Theres a
great Celina picture out there with a bunch of cars lined up, and
there seems to be just about every color in the rainbow.

My favorite still remains the car with the two tone maroon/grey (Who's
is that, anyway?).

I'd really like to paint it grey and put a shark mouth on the front.
Is that so wrong?

E

ECR staff

>
>
>I'd really like to paint it grey and put a shark mouth on the front.
>Is that so wrong?

I have red with a shark mouth... so if its wrong I love being "wrong". ;-)
Mike

ECR
21 Tolman Road, Warren, ME 04864
ph: 207-594-8086 fax: 207-594-8120

http://www.eastcoastrover.com

ECR emails are for information exchange only, they are not quotes or
estimates. All work at ECR is done on a time and materials basis.
Install costs and overall project costs can not be given as used and
vintage vehicles vary greatly in condition.

http://www.eastcoastrover.com/FAQ.html

M

Mike Israel

Re: Re: what is best color for resale?

<table><div style="font-family:times new roman, new york, times, serif;font-size:12pt"><div style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">
Unless you are doing a trailer queen quality restorationI do not think using non-factory colorswill significantly impact the value either way. If I were going for a 100 point car I would want an original color. If it is one you actually planned to drive andswim I would go with whatever coloryou like. Likewise, it makes no sense to go for the $10,000 dollar top-end paint job on a car you plan to swim.

My own Amphi is a very bright white that I do not really care for, I think the original off-white looks much better. If I were to repaintmine I would like totry the pearlescent white found on some of the newer cadillacs.

Mike I.

G

goob@twcny.rr.com

I think it's re"sail" red!

Gary (red '64)

----- Original Message -----
Date: Thursday, January 5, 2006 12:10 pm
Subject: Re: [amphicar-lovers] what is best color for resale?

> The don't call it "Sell Me RED" without a reason!!
>
> ----- Original Message ----
> From: David Derer <dmd@essex1.com>
> To: "amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com" <amphicar-
> lovers@yahoogroups.com>Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 11:44:22 AM
> Subject: [amphicar-lovers] what is best color for resale?
>
> the Wave

A

a_colo_native

>
the Wave
>

Yellow, orange and lime green CAMO!

John "Bright Idea" Bevins ;)

N

nelson625@aol.com

<table style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff">The term "Resale Red" has a lot of truth to it. In a number of special cars, it means the car will sell for a higher price if it has an attractive red paint job. Strangely, here in Florida, and particularly in my area, The Aqua or Seafoam Green is often the commonest. For example, at the Teen Vogue Photo shoot, we had 5 Amphicars and 3 of them were Aqua.Peter Fredsall who is the nearest Amphi owner to my location and I are often at events together and of course, all the the folks get tosee is 2 Aqua Amphis. Capt. Splash

W

WB6WSN

<table style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#ff0000" size="4"></font>

<blockquote style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left">
<hr tabIndex="-1">
<font face="Tahoma" size="2">From: amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com [mailto:amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of nelson625@aol.com
Sent: Friday, January 06, 2006 2:43 AM
To: amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com
</font>

The term "Resale Red" has a lot of truth to it. In a number of special cars, it means the car will sell for a higher price if it has an attractive red paint job. Strangely, here in Florida, and particularly in my area, The Aqua or Seafoam Green is often the commonest. For example, at the Teen Vogue Photo shoot, we had 5 Amphicars and 3 of them were Aqua.Peter Fredsall who is the nearest Amphi owner to my location and I are often at events together and of course, all the the folks get tosee is 2 Aqua Amphis. Capt. Splash

W

WB6WSN

<table style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#ff0000" size="4"></font>

<blockquote style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<div class="OutlookMessageHeader" lang="en-us" dir="ltr" align="left"><font face="Tahoma" size="2">From: amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com [mailto:amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of nelson625@aol.com
Sent: Friday, January 06, 2006 2:43 AM
To: amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com
</font>

The term "Resale Red" has a lot of truth to it. In a number of special cars, it means the car will sell for a higher price if it has an attractive red paint job. Strangely, here in Florida, and particularly in my area, The Aqua or Seafoam Green is often the commonest. For example, at the Teen Vogue Photo shoot, we had 5 Amphicars and 3 of them were Aqua.Peter Fredsall who is the nearest Amphi owner to my location and I are often at events together and of course, all the the folks get tosee is 2 Aqua Amphis.<span class="718232723-06012006"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#ff0000" size="4"></font></span>
<span class="718232723-06012006"></span></blockquote>
<span class="718232723-06012006">
<span class="953350422-06012006"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4">The current taste in auto colorfavors very saturated colors.</font><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4">In the mid-50's, lower saturation pastels were popular. While you could still find saturated greens and blues, colors like eggshell or salmon were more popular. I recall more saturated colors in the "two-tone" paint schemes. It seems like vibrant colors didn't enter the mainstream until about 1960 (I had a 60 Chevy in a bronze that almost glowed!) Toward the end of the 60's, vibrant, saturated colors made a come-back. Then, it seems like the 70's were earth-tones.</font></span>
<span class="953350422-06012006"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4"></font></span>
<span class="953350422-06012006"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4">So maybe you want to ask what image you want to project:</font></span>
  1. <span class="953350422-06012006"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4">Authenticity, but still grab today's taste to maximize market; Red.</font></span>
  2. <span class="953350422-06012006"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4">Authenticity & the late 50's; Fjord Blue or Aqua Green.</font></span>
  3. <span class="953350422-06012006"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4">Authenticity & just plain contrary; White.</font></span>
  4. <span class="953350422-06012006"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4">1958 Weird; hot pink.</font></span>
  5. <span class="953350422-06012006"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4">1972 Weird; brown.</font></span>
  6. <span class="953350422-06012006"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4">1970 Lizard; all vinyl-covered.</font></span>
  7. <span class="953350422-06012006"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4">1967 Psychedelic; Fjord Blue plus painted daisies, slogans andsymbols.</font></span>
  8. <span class="953350422-06012006"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4">1956 Muscle; primer only, skull shifter knobs, blue-dot tail lenses.</font></span>
  9. <span class="953350422-06012006"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4">1966 Muscle; Red & Chrome, consider a hood scoop.</font></span>
  10. <span class="953350422-06012006"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4">1980 Teutonic; black</font></span>
  11. <span class="953350422-06012006"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4">2000 Bling; black, wheel-well lights, very large audio system& 13" spinner wheel covers.</font></span>
  12. <span class="953350422-06012006"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4">1978 Fly; fuzzy dice, fake-fur interior.</font></span>
<span class="953350422-06012006"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4">For practical consideration, I suppose you shouldn't paint a boat black or gray; you want something that grabs the eye in poor visibility situations. Red is good, as well as yellow or bright white. Since the Amphi is a unique vehicle, you can justify almost any coherent color scheme. (That's obviously excluding something like white with multi-color polka dots.) Since some Amphis were used as advertising platforms (uniqueness grabs the eye), it could be argued that authenticity would allow a huge painted ad logo.</font></span>
<span class="953350422-06012006"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4"></font></span>
<span class="953350422-06012006"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4">I guess that I don't have much understanding of someone who views their Amphi as an investment, so I can't condemn considerations of resale value. I have pretty much decided that my finished color will be a shade of yellow (original was green). OTOH, the original red pleases me, and I have seen a saturated blue (with chromed wheels) scheme that looks very sharp. That 60 Chevy bronze color also might look good on an Amphi. And if you really want to be unique, you could go with that shade of luminescent lime that some emergency vehicles have.</font></span>
<span class="953350422-06012006">
<div align="left"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4">Ed Price</font>
<div align="left"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4">El Cajon, CA USA</font>
<div align="left"><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4">67 Rust Guppy</font>
<div align="left"><font color="#0000ff" size="4"></font><font face="Century Schoolbook" color="#0000ff" size="4"></font></span></span>

L

lah20car

>
> resale. What do You think best resale color is today? Later Dave the
Wave

Ah Soooo, Mr Wavy Dave--confused yet--about the color, I mean.
If you haven't settled on one for sure yet, check this site out

http://www.orangeshow.org/vote2005/gall_001.php

My favorites were #'s 03-20-46-47-126-194 and 114
but for you my pick is #65
Keep in mind there about 300 cars in there

M

Mark Richardson

I think the best re-sale color is red, followed by what the customer
wants, set the hook and reel em in!

I would like to open discussion of an Amphicar trade ring. I have a
red car which I would like to trade for a green one of similar
condition for one year. I then would like to trade that one for a
blue one in the same condition for the next year. As white is not a
color (sorry to white owners) I then would like my red one back in
the third year in similar condition.

I just need 2 owners to tango.

Any takers?

MR in WI

What do You think best resale color is today? Later Dave the Wave
>

D

dave bennett

Re: Re: what is best color for resale?

<div id="RTEContent">Hey , how about YELLOW.

Mark Richardson <westlake5@charter.net> wrote: <blockquote class="replbq" style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid"><tt>I think the best re-sale color is red, followed by what the customer
wants, set the hook and reel em in!

I would like to open discussion of an Amphicar trade ring. I have a
red car which I would like to trade for a green one of similar
condition for one year. I then would like to trade that one for a
blue one in the same condition for the next year. As white is not a
color (sorry to white owners) I then would like my red one back in
the third year in similar condition.

I just need 2 owners to tango.

Any takers?

MR in WI

What do You think best resale color is today? Later Dave the Wave
>

</tt></blockquote>

<hr size="1"> Yahoo! DSL Something to write home about. Just $16.99/mo. or less

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Best bolt-on steering brace Restorations in progress 11
SNOWBIRD 2018 Best swin in EVER! General Amphicar Discussion 3
Jon March best rubber brake cylinder caps? General Amphicar Discussion 1
Jon March Best spark plugs? General Amphicar Discussion 3
E Best Stripper? General Amphicar Discussion 7
jfriese Best Amphicar Article I've Seen In Years General Amphicar Discussion 1
Midwest Amphicar One of the Worlds best Amphicars at Mecum in May. General Amphicar Discussion 1
C Best way to install engine/ transmission General Amphicar Discussion 3
B Best Motor Oil for Amphicar General Amphicar Discussion 6
D Amphicar "the best one you will ever see" on ebay. General Amphicar Discussion 3
A Best way to tie down your Amphicar to a trailer? General Amphicar Discussion 2
K Amphi people are the best General Amphicar Discussion 3
C The best restored car? General Amphicar Discussion 9
D HAPPY NEW YEAR ! THE BEST DEVELOPMENT OF 2005 General Amphicar Discussion 2
R Best Amphi weekend ever General Amphicar Discussion 0
A Best Carpenter in Venice General Amphicar Discussion 1
D Back to the best part General Amphicar Discussion 0
D Best Year in review General Amphicar Discussion 0
T Best eBay desciption ever! But NOT AMPHICAR General Amphicar Discussion 2
Jon March correct rim color? General Amphicar Discussion 10
P color wiring diagrams? General Amphicar Discussion 7
tpls63 Color Wiring Diagram General Amphicar Discussion 7
auburnamphi color for top frame General Amphicar Discussion 3
T Front Turn Signal Lens Color? General Amphicar Discussion 3
T Six Color chart General Amphicar Discussion 4
A Color chart General Amphicar Discussion 3
R color change General Amphicar Discussion 4
A Amphicar color poll General Amphicar Discussion 0
D color General Amphicar Discussion 1
T Color Poll General Amphicar Discussion 3
T How many cars in each Color were Produced? General Amphicar Discussion 9
D Color codes all makes and models General Amphicar Discussion 0
S Need color info for white car General Amphicar Discussion 0
S Color codes and paint suggestions and transport tie down tips General Amphicar Discussion 2
C Laminated Full Color Schematics ... General Amphicar Discussion 1
C Full Color Schematics available soon General Amphicar Discussion 5
S Convertible top color General Amphicar Discussion 1
D amphi color General Amphicar Discussion 0
W apricot color vinyl for aqua amphi General Amphicar Discussion 2