What car has a single operational propellor?

A

a_colo_native

I have always had a passion for the out of ordinary, especially
cars. My dream car is the Ford Skyliner for it's retractable roof (I
have been working a deal on one locally for almost 10 years now).
Another dream car is the 1949 Taylor Aerocar.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:AeroCar.jpg)

I finally got to speak with the man who owns 1 of the 4 surviving
and the only regularly flying Aerocar left. As luck would have it,
he lives here in Colorado and one other Aerocar lives here too. He
is rebuilding the engine and soon it will be runnnig again. This is
the last one built and the one Bob Cummings owned and was used in
his TV show.

He said he'd be happy to trade rides between one car with 2
propellors and another with a single propellor! I can't wait!!!!

Rene` - Ed asked me to say "HI!"

John "Flyin' high" Bevins
Prez/Webmaster

A

a_colo_native

I have always had a passion for the out of ordinary, especially
cars. My dream car is the Ford Skyliner for it's retractable roof (I
have been working a deal on one locally for almost 10 years now).
Another dream car is the 1949 Taylor Aerocar.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:AeroCar.jpg)

I finally got to speak with the man who owns 1 of the 4 surviving
and the only regularly flying Aerocar left. As luck would have it,
he lives here in Colorado and one other Aerocar lives here too. He
is rebuilding the engine and soon it will be runnnig again. This is
the last one built and the one Bob Cummings owned and was used in
his TV show.

He said he'd be happy to trade rides between one car with 2
propellors and another with a single propellor! I can't wait!!!!

Rene` - Ed asked me to say "HI!"

John "Flyin' high" Bevins
Prez/Webmaster

M

Mike Israel

<table><div style="font-family:times new roman, new york, times, serif;font-size:12pt"><div style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">John,
<div style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">
<div style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">That is a great story.
<div style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">
<div style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">I have a big AeroCar poster on my wall at workand a bunch of original factory literature including a letter from Molt Taylor offering to sell one of the later Aerocars delivered to the East Coast for $6,995.
<div style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">I have often said that the Aerocar is the onlyother vehicle I would trade my Amphicar for without hesitation.

Mike

M

Mike Israel

<table><div style="font-family:times new roman, new york, times, serif;font-size:12pt"><div style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">John,
<div style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">That is a great story.
<div style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">I have a big AeroCar poster on my wall at workand a bunch of original factory literature including a letter from Molt Taylor offering to sell one of the later Aerocars delivered to the East Coast for $6,995.
<div style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">I have often said that the Aerocar is the onlyother vehicle I would trade my Amphicar for without hesitation.

Mike

L

lah20car@aol.com

<font FACE="arial,helvetica"><font SIZE="2" PTSIZE="10" FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">In a message dated 1/24/2007 12:21:10 PM Central Standard Time, rma@amphicar.com writes:

<blockquote TYPE="CITE" style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px"></font><font COLOR="#008000" BACK="#ffffff" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE="2" PTSIZE="10" FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">I have always had a passion for the out of ordinary</blockquote></font><font COLOR="#000000" BACK="#ffffff" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE="2" PTSIZE="10" FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">

John, its not as art deco classy looking as the Aerocar but check this one out, supposed be flying soon and should to be at Sun and Fun, Lakeland, Fl. April 17-23

Terrafugia, Inc.-----new flying car

Sun-n-Fun.org </font>

L

lah20car@aol.com

<font FACE="arial,helvetica"><font SIZE="2" PTSIZE="10" FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">In a message dated 1/24/2007 12:21:10 PM Central Standard Time, rma@amphicar.com writes:

<blockquote TYPE="CITE" style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px"></font><font COLOR="#008000" BACK="#ffffff" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE="2" PTSIZE="10" FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">I have always had a passion for the out of ordinary</blockquote></font><font COLOR="#000000" BACK="#ffffff" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE="2" PTSIZE="10" FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">

John, its not as art deco classy looking as the Aerocar but check this one out, supposed be flying soon and should to be at Sun and Fun, Lakeland, Fl. April 17-23

Terrafugia, Inc.-----new flying car

Sun-n-Fun.org </font>