weather, parts and Randolph Mantooth

B

Bihari, James

<table>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">First let me say that Amphipoda is the Dennis Miller of arcane references.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Who else but Amphipoda and my sister Joyce remember Randolph Mantooth (my sister had a crush on him)?
<p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><xml:namespace prefix="o" ns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice"></xml:namespace><o:p></o:p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">The Columbus, Ohio, weather reports right now are saying 40 to 50 percent chance of thunderstorms on Friday and Saturday with highs in the mid 80s.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>But maybe if it rains, it won’t last long.
<p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o:p></o:p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Here’s some more info on that radiator, transmission and engine I’ll have for sale up at Celina.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>All of them came off of a 1964 car # 100168 which was last registered in 1992, then the rusty body was taken by the guy’s cousin and traded for a 4-wheeler.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Don’t know anything else about the body.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>The number on the transmission is H12 no. 225L61.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>The number on the engine block looks to be GD 35099 HE.
<p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">The radiator looks to be in decent shape.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>It has a couple of dings that slightly dented the tubes that carry water (what do you call those?) but it doesn’t leak under no pressure.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>No radiator shroud included.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>I will sell for the best offer over $100.
<p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">I did a bench test of the transmission, spinning a propeller shaft and watching the land gears turn.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>The water gear seems to shift into forward, neutral and reverse just fine and no bad bearing noises when spun in neutral.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>The seller said he had replaced the (03-16-51?) bearings at one time and you can see that the water transmission had been opened.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>It shifted into all four forward gears and they all seemed fine.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Shifting it into reverse, though, something about the gears doesn’t seem as smooth, not sure what the deal is.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Long after the seller had my money, I called him back and he reassured me that all the gears, including reverse, had worked fine when he pulled it out and said that they had backed the car into the garage right before they pulled the engine and transmission.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>I make no guarantees about the transmission and believe it should be rebuilt before using.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>It includes the two propeller shafts that bolt directly onto the transmission 03-19-22 including one new U-joint and a new 02-15-68 clutch ring, and two new 2-17-12 seals.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>I will sell it for the best offer over $1,200.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>If no takers, I’ll put it on ebay.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>One sold there a couple weeks back for $1900.
<p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">I assume the engine is an 1147.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>It is apart with bolts and small parts in ziplock bags.
<p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">It is believed to complete except it has no air cleaner, no generator (but I have a rebuilt generator I’d sell for $50), it needs a new clutch plate and needs a new oil pan.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>It probably needs various new gaskets and points, condenser etc. etc.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>It has had the cylinders bored (not sure how big) and the crank turned.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>It comes with an incorrect alternator, and an extra water pump assembly.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Perhaps one water pump has been rebuilt, while the other is bad.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>It has all the other parts: starter, carburetor, fuel pump etc. but I have no idea of the condition of any of them.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>The seller said it ran fine when pulled but the oil pan was shot and it leaked oil.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Has the original pistons, and extra set for who knows what engine and a miss-matched set of .040 and 0.20 over pistons I bought on ebay.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Has a new set of standard rings.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Also comes with a new head gasket, and a couple bearings of some sort.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>I’d sell all the engine parts for the best offer over $400 if you take it all in Celina.
<p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Jim Bihari
<p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Bihari.1@osu.edu
<p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">toll free 866-487-7211
<p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">cell 614-747-6630

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DougFromBaltimore Convertible top - Help with weather-strip over side windows General Amphicar Discussion 4
Midwest Amphicar Cancelation due to weather General Amphicar Discussion 0
Midwest Amphicar warm weather memory or how to dry amphi General Amphicar Discussion 3
R Celina Weather Hot ,Hot,,Hot General Amphicar Discussion 0
M Celina Weather General Amphicar Discussion 0
M Celina, Ohio Weather, Outstanding!!! General Amphicar Discussion 0
T weather in Mt Dora will be great General Amphicar Discussion 0
R Celina Weather Report General Amphicar Discussion 1
D perfect weather General Amphicar Discussion 0
M Break in the Weather General Amphicar Discussion 0
D warm weather link General Amphicar Discussion 1
D amphicars chimps warm weather folks General Amphicar Discussion 0
C Cold Weather... General Amphicar Discussion 5
V celina area weather General Amphicar Discussion 0
R Engine cover weather seals General Amphicar Discussion 0
J Braving the Weather in California General Amphicar Discussion 0
B weather forecast for Celina General Amphicar Discussion 0
E Beautiful CA weather General Amphicar Discussion 0
B Festival Weather Outlook General Amphicar Discussion 0
J I would like a parts manual and or a service manual General Amphicar Discussion 0
J I would like a parts manual and or a service manual General Amphicar Discussion 1
AL67 trans parts General Amphicar Discussion 7
mike_israel OT: Something like this could be useful for Amphi and parts purchases General Amphicar Discussion 0
DavidC Original quality ATE brake parts might soon be available ! General Amphicar Discussion 2
okey0 old (used) parts General Amphicar Discussion 2
Akamphi Fuel Tap parts General Amphicar Discussion 8
M Front wheel cylinder rebuild parts cross General Amphicar Discussion 1
T IMPORTANT SAFETY WARNING. Amphicar suspension parts failure General Amphicar Discussion 6
mike_israel So, this is where all those Amphicars and parts went General Amphicar Discussion 1
mike_israel Gordon Imports - Weekend Amphicar Parts Specials General Amphicar Discussion 1
Midwest Amphicar Ebay let sellers know when they advertise parts that never can fit Amphicar General Amphicar Discussion 4
B Frustrated w/ aftermarket parts General Amphicar Discussion 12
sdreich Amphicar Parts General Amphicar Discussion 0
SNOWBIRD Amphicar parts STOLEN! General Amphicar Discussion 18
M Question on parts General Amphicar Discussion 1
SNOWBIRD Load of Used parts General Amphicar Discussion 0
SNOWBIRD Parts cars are now project cars Restorations in progress 3
Midwest Amphicar Hub caps and other misc parts General Amphicar Discussion 0
Midwest Amphicar Any parts needs in Florida? rims, hubs, etc? General Amphicar Discussion 1
C Looking for parts General Amphicar Discussion 2
SNOWBIRD Shipping Parts General Amphicar Discussion 8
mike_israel Stainless Steel Amphi Body Parts General Amphicar Discussion 1
Canadian four amphs New Parts General Amphicar Discussion 4
J Amphi parts General Amphicar Discussion 4
tpls63 More parts needed General Amphicar Discussion 1
tpls63 Parts needed General Amphicar Discussion 0
P Parts for 770 Amphi General Amphicar Discussion 13
Canadian four amphs Parts Changes General Amphicar Discussion 2
A DUKW/parts General Amphicar Discussion 0
DavidC What are the most difficult Amphicar parts to find ? General Amphicar Discussion 1