Water Car

D

Dougn200

Guest
Ok I got up this morning to the tv going off and Good morning
america was on as I laid in bed I watched a segment called around
the water cooler and then much to my surprize there was an new
amphicar called water car? and it did not look like the aquada and
they said it would go 45mph in the water they actually showed a
video of them pulling a skier the car was red and they showed the
car going into the water and coming out and the cost was $150k am I
seeing things was I dreaming? If it was a dream the car would only
cost $5000. Did any one else see this?

Doug
 
L

Lewis polk

Guest
Dear Doug
The car made the news about 2 months ago. It's called the Aquda, I don't know if
I spelled it correctly. It is 3 person with the driver in the middle 100 MPH on
land 35 + in water.
John Gill

Dougn200 <dougparsons@ameritech.net> wrote:
Ok I got up this morning to the tv going off and Good morning
america was on as I laid in bed I watched a segment called around
the water cooler and then much to my surprize there was an new
amphicar called water car? and it did not look like the aquada and
they said it would go 45mph in the water they actually showed a
video of them pulling a skier the car was red and they showed the
car going into the water and coming out and the cost was $150k am I
seeing things was I dreaming? If it was a dream the car would only
cost $5000. Did any one else see this?

Doug


Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
THE AMPHICAR-LOVERS LIST
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Before posting requests for information, please check the List
Archives:
http://www.escribe.com/automotive/amphicar/search.html
For more information about this List and other available services
visit:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amphicar-lovers/
To UNsubscribe from this List, just send a blank email to:
amphicar-lovers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
Any other issues may be addressed to the List owner (Mike Israel) at:
amphicar770@yahoo.com
This list is provided as a free service. Please support our sponsors at:
http://www.growerflower.com/default.asp?id=41762


Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
 
A

Al Heath

Guest
The American "made" water car's web site .... <http://www.watercar.com/>

As far as I've been told, it will be a component car you put the finishing
touches on (... engine, tranny...). I think there is a limited number of
such type "kits" each state allows to be registered each year, and the
rules vary by state.

Al

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
 
E

edsonh2000

Guest
No, this is not the Aquada.

Check out the website. One of my co-workers saw the same show.

http:///www.watercars.com

Looks kind of cool -- like a Pontiac Firebird or something.

Ed Howard
Orange County, CA
1948 Playboy
1957 BMW Isetta
1964 Amphicar
1967 Sunbeam Alpine

--- In amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com, Lewis polk
<protechusalmp@y...> wrote:
> Dear Doug
> The car made the news about 2 months ago. It's called the Aquda, I
don't know if I spelled it correctly. It is 3 person with the driver
in the middle 100 MPH on land 35 + in water.
> John Gill
>
> Dougn200 <dougparsons@a...> wrote:
> Ok I got up this morning to the tv going off and Good morning
> america was on as I laid in bed I watched a segment called around
> the water cooler and then much to my surprize there was an new
> amphicar called water car? and it did not look like the aquada and
> they said it would go 45mph in the water they actually showed a
> video of them pulling a skier the car was red and they showed the
> car going into the water and coming out and the cost was $150k am I
> seeing things was I dreaming? If it was a dream the car would only
> cost $5000. Did any one else see this?
>
> Doug
>
>
> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> THE AMPHICAR-LOVERS LIST
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Before posting requests for information, please check the List
> Archives:
> http://www.escribe.com/automotive/amphicar/search.html
> For more information about this List and other available services
> visit:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amphicar-lovers/
> To UNsubscribe from this List, just send a blank email to:
> amphicar-lovers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
> Any other issues may be addressed to the List owner (Mike Israel)
at:
> amphicar770@y...
> This list is provided as a free service. Please support our
sponsors at:
> http://www.growerflower.com/default.asp?id=41762
>
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
 
R

rdboggie@juno.com

Guest
Re: Re: Water Car

I went to the watercar web site and found it pretty interesting until I read the
following under "meet the builder":

"Together they found a 1964 Amphicar and restored it. After all the work, they
were very disappointed by its performance. It was fun to drive into the water,
but once in the water, it was very slow and not much fun."

NOT MUCH FUN!!! Who cannot have fun in an Amphicar??!! Speed is not everything
(i keep telling myself).

Randy
Blue '67
 
A

a_colo_native

Guest
I mentioned the "Watercar" months ago with little interest from
anyone. The guy is is Arizona and modeled it after a 2002 Camero
with a Subaru WRX engine in the trunk.

This is a true amphibious car as it has windows, doors and a top I
believe. The Aquada is only a boat with wheels as it is without
doors windows or a top.

John
 
D

Daniel & Kathy Gibson

Guest
Re: Re: Water Car

After watching the videos, I was left wondering what would happen to the
water car at speed on the lake if it hit a few ways. It sure looks like
it is planing out very low in the water!

Dan
'64 Das Boot

P.S. Kit cars don't count as "mass produced amphibious cars"...do they?

a_colo_native wrote:
>
> I mentioned the "Watercar" months ago with little interest from
> anyone. The guy is is Arizona and modeled it after a 2002 Camero
> with a Subaru WRX engine in the trunk.
>
> This is a true amphibious car as it has windows, doors and a top I
> believe. The Aquada is only a boat with wheels as it is without
> doors windows or a top.
>
> John
>
>
> THE AMPHICAR-LOVERS LIST
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Before posting requests for information, please check the List
> Archives:
> http://www.escribe.com/automotive/amphicar/search.html
> For more information about this List and other available services
> visit:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amphicar-lovers/
> To UNsubscribe from this List, just send a blank email to:
> amphicar-lovers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
> Any other issues may be addressed to the List owner (Mike Israel) at:
> amphicar770@yahoo.com
> This list is provided as a free service. Please support our sponsors at:
> http://www.growerflower.com/default.asp?id=41762
>
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

--

Daniel and Kathy Gibson
http://www.katestrackshack.com
"Kate's Track Shack -Your Internet Home For Inexpensive 8-tracks!!"
AND...
http://drnooseandjambone.com
"DrNoose And Jambone - Do It To The Optigan!"
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Water/land tranny seal Restorations in progress 15
Jon March Insurance pricing - land & water: General Amphicar Discussion 3
Jon March Suddenly "revving up" when in water -Does your Amphi do this? General Amphicar Discussion 13
X water transmission case General Amphicar Discussion 11
E First day on the water General Amphicar Discussion 3
Jon March Water trans drive gear retainer clips: General Amphicar Discussion 7
Jacques B. Help needed with Amphicar Water trans gears. General Amphicar Discussion 2
SNOWBIRD Another on hits the dust(I mean water) General Amphicar Discussion 1
M water drive switch General Amphicar Discussion 4
Midwest Amphicar From Gizmag.com Water release seat belts General Amphicar Discussion 0
rhysaccess Water not draining General Amphicar Discussion 6
kdroy Water in engine General Amphicar Discussion 4
Akamphi Depth / water speed gauge in clock hole General Amphicar Discussion 1
Ed Price Update On Celina Water Problems General Amphicar Discussion 3
T Water pump General Amphicar Discussion 4
T Henry Ford and his Snow Tractor - wonder how it would do on the water? General Amphicar Discussion 2
B Water Car? General Amphicar Discussion 1
C Angle water shift is mounted? General Amphicar Discussion 2
kdroy Amphicar tranny land/water tear apart. General Amphicar Discussion 0
sdreich Water Pump Slot for Grease? General Amphicar Discussion 4
G Front wheel bearings and water General Amphicar Discussion 1
D Water throttle Happy VD General Amphicar Discussion 1
B Water Injection, Anyone? General Amphicar Discussion 5
L Water Transmission Cover Replacement General Amphicar Discussion 1
L Water Transmission: Intermediate Gear Needle Bearings General Amphicar Discussion 1
D Salt Water General Amphicar Discussion 0
E Amphicar in salt water General Amphicar Discussion 7
I 1147 Fuel Injection is on the road/water General Amphicar Discussion 0
D Water pump boom General Amphicar Discussion 1
J Water Transmission General Amphicar Discussion 0
J Water Tranny Problem General Amphicar Discussion 1
A White Lake NC Water Festival General Amphicar Discussion 1
T WATER PUMP PROBLEM: General Amphicar Discussion 2
W Austin Swim-in (was: Back in the Water!) General Amphicar Discussion 0
L Back in the Water! General Amphicar Discussion 2
C Draining the Water Transmission General Amphicar Discussion 5
S Removing water transmission cover General Amphicar Discussion 0
M Looking for a water pump. General Amphicar Discussion 2
F water door lock General Amphicar Discussion 0
B Water tranny bearings General Amphicar Discussion 0
B Maybe fellow water lovers can help General Amphicar Discussion 0
J Water Leakage General Amphicar Discussion 0
R brakes in the water General Amphicar Discussion 2
B Water Test #6 General Amphicar Discussion 1
A Standing Water Tips General Amphicar Discussion 0
W water in fram General Amphicar Discussion 3
W Corrosion In Sea Water General Amphicar Discussion 3
W Fresh Water Cooling General Amphicar Discussion 0
G water leaks General Amphicar Discussion 0
E WATER CAR ON MSN.COM General Amphicar Discussion 0
Similar threads


















































Top