Visit US

B

Bo Strander

Hi amphibious fellows over there!
Me and my wife will be on a 2 weeks trip to US from the 18:th of april - 30:th of april. We will visit N-Y, Austin in Texas and the Chicago area and finally we will fly to Boston and drive down to N-Y again.
Are there any Amphicar activities in these areas during this time?
Any Amphi work shops that we could visit along our trip, or anybody that would like to show there cars or just make new friends.
We are NOT asking for over night beds or such things (that has already been taken care of).
Best regards
Bo "the swede" & Ann

Med vänlig hälsning
Bo Strander
AK OPTIK AB

08-7100285

chasgould

Hi Bo,
I am in Newton, Massachusetts, 7 miles west of Boston, and we would love to have you visit with us, if we are not away when you are in or near Boston. If you need a place to stay, you are welcome here, or we can arrange a discounted rate on a very nice hotel less than three miles from our home, as we have a business relationship with them for the many events that we host there. We have our own single Amphicar, and several friends with amphicars, and we may be able to arrange a picnic or mini swim-in during your stay. If that does not work out, we have a huge collection of microcars & minicars which you are welcome to see and drive if that interests you at all. We host one of the largest microcar gatherings in the country each year in July, but we have many cars in our own collection which will be accessible while you are here as well. If any of this interests you, please feel free to contact me at chasgould@mac.com
chasgould@mac.com
or by telephone at (617) 965-4848. We would love to see you during your visit to the states. You can check out our microcars at The Bubbledrome
The Bubbledrome
Thank you,
Charles Gould

Me and my wife will be on a 2 weeks trip to US from the 18:th of april - 30:th of april. We will visit N-Y, Austin in Texas and the Chicago area and finally we will fly to Boston and drive down to N-Y again.
Any Amphi work shops that we could visit along our trip, or anybody that would like to show there cars or just make new friends.
We are NOT asking for over night beds or such things (that has already been taken care of).
Best regards
Bo "the swede" & Ann

Med vänlig hälsning
Bo Strander
AK OPTIK AB

08-7100285

azpaul50

What a great site! I've been looking at Messerschmitts and Isettas recently but missed out on a really nice Isetta 300 in Santa Monica last week. You're da man! A Peel? Great!

To: azpaul50@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: [General Amphicar Discussion-t-20736] Re: Visit US
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 18:24:08 -0400

Hi Bo,
I am in Newton, Massachusetts, 7 miles west of Boston, and we would love to have you visit with us, if we are not away when you are in or near Boston. If you need a place to stay, you are welcome here, or we can arrange a discounted rate on a very nice hotel less than three miles from our home, as we have a business relationship with them for the many events that we host there. We have our own single Amphicar, and several friends with amphicars, and we may be able to arrange a picnic or mini swim-in during your stay. If that does not work out, we have a huge collection of microcars & minicars which you are welcome to see and drive if that interests you at all. We host one of the largest microcar gatherings in the country each year in July, but we have many cars in our own collection which will be accessible while you are here as well. If any of this interests you, please feel free to contact me at chasgould@mac.com
chasgould@mac.com
or by telephone at (617) 965-4848. We would love to see you during your visit to the states. You can check out our microcars at The Bubbledrome
The Bubbledrome
Thank you,
Charles Gould

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo Strander
Best regards
Bo "the swede" & Ann

Med vänlig hälsning
Bo Strander
AK OPTIK AB

08-7100285

Texas-Floats

Bo, I live in Austin. Contact me directly 'wkodo(at)yahoo.com' and let me
know when you'll be in Austin. -- Warren

Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 4:30 PM
To: kodo@kodoskorner.com
Subject: [General Amphicar Discussion-t-20736] Visit US

Me and my wife will be on a 2 weeks trip to US from the 18:th of april -
30:th of april. We will visit N-Y, Austin in Texas and the Chicago area and
finally we will fly to Boston and drive down to N-Y again.
Any Amphi work shops that we could visit along our trip, or anybody that
would like to show there cars or just make new friends.
We are NOT asking for over night beds or such things (that has already been
taken care of).
Best regards
Bo "the swede" & Ann

Med vänlig hälsning
Bo Strander
AK OPTIK AB

08-7100285

GERRY&LORI

HELLO BO & ANN,
Â*
CERTAINLY IF YOU ARE IN OUR AREA WE WOULD LOVE A VISIT.
WE HOST THE AMPHICAR BOSTON SWIM IN. WE ARE LOCATED IN TAUNTON, MA.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED GIVE US A CALL AT 508-360-1658 OR EMAIL LORI064@YAHOO.COM
Â*
GERRY O'BARA
LORI ESTERS

--- On Tue, 4/13/10, Bo Strander <> wrote:

To: LORI064@YAHOO.COM
Date: Tuesday, April 13, 2010, 5:29 PM

Best regards
Bo "the swede" & Ann

Med v채nlig h채lsning
Bo Strander
AK OPTIK AB

08-7100285

B

Bo Strander

Hello Gerry and Lori
Thanks for your invitation !!!
We are not sure about our schedule (we put in more and more for every day....) but if it's o.k with you if we just give you a ring when we travel by, we will do that.
Our plan is to go from Chicago to Boston on the 27:th, stay in Boston for one or 1 nights, rent a car and drive to N-Y via Providence (where my brother in law went to the design college) and down the coast. This means that Taunton probably would be a nice coffe-brake :).
Is it O.K. with you if we give you a call on short notice?
Best regards
Bo & Ann
Med vänlig hälsning
Bo Strander
AK OPTIK AB

08-7100285
----- Original Message -----
To: bs@akoptik.se
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2010 2:58 PM
Subject: RE: [General Amphicar Discussion-t-20736] Visit US

HELLO BO & ANN,
Ã,*
Ã,*
GERRY O'BARA
LORI ESTERS

Best regards
Bo "the swede" & Ann

Med vì±Â"nlig hì±Â"lsning
Bo Strander
AK OPTIK AB

08-7100285

chasgould

Hey Paul,
Thanks for the kind words. You are always welcoem to come and see or drive anything in the collection, if you are ever in the Boston area.
Chas

What a great site! I've been looking at Messerschmitts and Isettas recently but missed out on a really nice Isetta 300 in Santa Monica last week. You're da man! A Peel? Great!

To: azpaul50@hotmail.com
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 18:24:08 -0400

Hi Bo,
chasgould@mac.com
The Bubbledrome
Thank you,
Charles Gould

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo Strander
Best regards
Bo "the swede" & Ann

Med vänlig hälsning
Bo Strander
AK OPTIK AB

08-7100285

GERRY&LORI

THAT WOULD BE GREAT!!
WE WOULD JUST NEED TO KNOW APPROX WHAT DAY YOU WOULD BE STOPPING IN & THEN CONFIRM MAYBE THE NIGHT BEFORE.*
IF THE WEATHER IS NICE WOULD YOU HAVE TIME FOR AN AMPHICAR SWIM ON A LAKE.* POSSIBLY WE CAN TRY TO GET RON TRUDEAU DOWN FROM MANCHESTER, NH.* RON TRUDEAU IS THE "FAMOUS RON"*.* HE ALWAYS MAKES THE MAGAZINES & PHOTO SHOOTS*AT THE DIFFERENT SWIM INS.* HE RECEIVED AN AWARD LAST YEAR FROM THE IOAC FOR BEING AN ENTHUSIASTIC AMPHICAR CLUB MEMBER.*
LET US KNOW & THANKS FOR CONSIDERING US.
GERRY & LORI
--- On Thu, 4/15/10, Bo Strander <> wrote:

Date: Thursday, April 15, 2010, 10:06 AM

Hello Gerry and Lori
Thanks for your invitation !!!
We are not sure about our schedule (we put in more and more for every day....) but if it's o.k with you if we just give you a ring when we travel by, we will do that.
Our plan is to go from Chicago to Boston on the 27:th, stay in Boston for one or 1 nights, rent a car and drive to N-Y via Providence (where my brother in law went to the design college) and down the coast. This means that Taunton probably would be a nice coffe-brake :).
Is it O.K. with you if we give you a call on short notice?
Best regards
Bo & Ann
Med vänlig hälsning
Bo Strander
AK OPTIK AB

08-7100285
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2010 2:58 PM

HELLO BO & ANN,
Ã,*
Ã,*
GERRY O'BARA
LORI ESTERS

Best regards
Bo "the swede" & Ann

Med vì±Â"nlig hì±Â"lsning
Bo Strander
AK OPTIK AB

08-7100285

Midwest Amphicar

Worlds Largest Amphicar Destination
Cigar Guy and I were talking about working together to put on a swim in for you. We have two choices, The Rock river near Me with the start and end point being a bar/restaurant with a hotel nearby. The other would be up near Beloit or Rockford. I think even being in the middle of the week we could get a nice group together. Let us know if it fits in your plans. Later Dave the Wave

B

Bo Strander

Hello Dave,
I'm sorry but due to the flight situation we have to cancel our US trip.
There are still some tickets availible but this means that we only should have a total of 3-4 days, (since we have to be back at our works on may 3) in the US and this is not a very good idea.
I'm very sorry but I hope we can meet some other time.
Best regards from a snowy ( 32F) Sweden.
Med vänlig hälsning
Bo Strander
AK OPTIK AB

08-7100285
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2010 12:07 AM

Cigar Guy and I were talking about working together to put on a swim in for you. We have two choices, The Rock river near Me with the start and end point being a bar/restaurant with a hotel nearby. The other would be up near Beloit or Rockford. I think even being in the middle of the week we could get a nice group together. Let us know if it fits in your plans. Later Dave the Wave

Midwest Amphicar

Worlds Largest Amphicar Destination
Well hopefully there will be a next time. And now you will have to plan extra time for all of the amphibious silliness everyone wants to share. Later Dave the Wave