Vanity plates missing

A

a_colo_native

Guest
There are more plates I know exist, but I don't have a photo of them.
They are listed in our records w/o photos. Please send 'em in! I think
I have about 65 so far!

http://www.amphicar.com/AmphiPl8tes.htm

Somebody had the same one on the front and rear, but from 2 different
states, who was that?

John "Pl8es in his head" Bevins
 
G

gtpeterp

Guest
--- In amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com, "a_colo_native" <rma@...> wrote:
>
> There are more plates I know exist, but I don't have a photo of them.
> They are listed in our records w/o photos. Please send 'em in! I think
> I have about 65 so far!
>
> http://www.amphicar.com/AmphiPl8tes.htm
>
> Somebody had the same one on the front and rear, but from 2 different
> states, who was that?
>
> John "Pl8es in his head" Bevins
>

Ive got pictures from an old swim in, but I don't have a scanner:

A-BOAT2, Texas
AMPHI, Kentucky
H2GO, New York
I FLOAT, Michigan
H2OCAR, Colorado
BUOY, Ontario
LETS BUG, Ohio

Dunno how many of those you already have or who the cars belong to...

Peter
 
A

a_colo_native

Guest
> Ive got pictures from an old swim in, but I don't have a scanner:
>
> A-BOAT2, Texas
> AMPHI, Kentucky
> H2GO, New York
> I FLOAT, Michigan
> H2OCAR, Colorado
> BUOY, Ontario
> LETS BUG, Ohio
>
> Dunno how many of those you already have or who the cars belong to...
>

Peter - I need the h2GO, H2OCAR, BUOY and LETS BUG if possible. It
doesn't matter who owned them, I am just interested in the plate on
the car. The Colorado car used to belong to a man I knew after he sold
it. I saw that plate hanging in Roger Salee's garage! Humm?

John
 
A

amphi_sc

Guest
--- In amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com, "gtpeterp" <yahoo@...> wrote:
> Ive got pictures from an old swim in, but I don't have a scanner:
>
> A-BOAT2, Texas
> AMPHI, Kentucky
> H2GO, New York
> I FLOAT, Michigan
> H2OCAR, Colorado
> BUOY, Ontario
> LETS BUG, Ohio
>
> Dunno how many of those you already have or who the cars belong to...
>
> Peter
>

umm... peter.... you forgot whose car you road in during Celina a few
years ago? Anyway, I remember LETS BUG was really a volkswagon with
an identity crisis that year ... or was it the amphi that temporarily
had the identity crisis...Doug probably still has that plate
somewhere. And if I recall, Colorado was really from Missouri where
amphibious plates are optional... I think roger used to say it lowered
the number of questions asked when driving on the road.

Al
A*BOAT2 (my car)
4 H20 2 (deb's car)

PS ... Cap'n John, if you don't want the entire stern shot, deb's
plate is at <http://www.amphicar.net/aboat2/debscar/4H2O2.jpg>
 
G

gtpeterp

Guest
--- In amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com, "amphi_sc" <aboat2@...> wrote:
>
> --- In amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com, "gtpeterp" <yahoo@> wrote:
> > Ive got pictures from an old swim in, but I don't have a scanner:
> >
> > A-BOAT2, Texas
> > AMPHI, Kentucky
> > H2GO, New York
> > I FLOAT, Michigan
> > H2OCAR, Colorado
> > BUOY, Ontario
> > LETS BUG, Ohio
> >
> > Dunno how many of those you already have or who the cars belong to...
> >
> > Peter
> >
>
> umm... peter.... you forgot whose car you road in during Celina a few
> years ago? Anyway, I remember LETS BUG was really a volkswagon with
> an identity crisis that year ... or was it the amphi that temporarily
> had the identity crisis...Doug probably still has that plate
> somewhere. And if I recall, Colorado was really from Missouri where
> amphibious plates are optional... I think roger used to say it lowered
> the number of questions asked when driving on the road.
>
> Al
> A*BOAT2 (my car)
> 4 H20 2 (deb's car)
>
> PS ... Cap'n John, if you don't want the entire stern shot, deb's
> plate is at <http://www.amphicar.net/aboat2/debscar/4H2O2.jpg>
>

Hehe. No, I didn't forget. I just was pretty tired when I typed all of
those in. Long days, Ive been taking a motorcycle safety course. I
figure that way I can cover all the bases: Sports Car, Boat,
Convertible, Motorcycle. And all with only two vehicles!

Peter
 
A

a_colo_native

Guest
> > PS ... Cap'n John, if you don't want the entire stern shot, deb's
> > plate is at <http://www.amphicar.net/aboat2/debscar/4H2O2.jpg>

I prefer an entire stern shot to keep with the theme I have there.
There are 2 I'd like to get a full stern shot of, one is Kamikazee
Kens and the California AMPHIKR plate.


> Hehe. No, I didn't forget. I just was pretty tired when I typed
all of
> those in. Long days, Ive been taking a motorcycle safety course. I
> figure that way I can cover all the bases: Sports Car, Boat,
> Convertible, Motorcycle. And all with only two vehicles!

Peter
Yup me too, but adding the 4x4 completes the circle. Good job on
the safety course, well woth it for sure!! My HD has a pl8 that
says "HD GIMP" which created some concern from the lady when I went
to pick it up. She thought it was in poor taste. It's MY plate
afterall! I wanted it to say just "GIMP" but that has been on
another man's car for 12 years already. The pplate from I made from
the rods that were in my back for 13 years, now that is personal!

Thanks to all for the response here! That is why I do this stuff. I
have more ideas in the works because of the requests here. How about
complete in color, electrical diagram, on-line? Yes, it's partially
done, but not ready for prime time. If you have others wants, let me
know. Another blizzard may be on the way (so they say), so who knows
what I may get done. Last night I even dreampt of Amphicars. I took
one off a ramp at a very high rate of speed and it keep the speed in
the water. Was very cool, until the dog woke me up!

John "I'm dreamin' of a white Amphi..." Bevins
 
G

gtpeterp

Guest
--- In amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com, "a_colo_native" <rma@...> wrote:
>
> > > PS ... Cap'n John, if you don't want the entire stern shot, deb's
> > > plate is at <http://www.amphicar.net/aboat2/debscar/4H2O2.jpg>
>
> I prefer an entire stern shot to keep with the theme I have there.
> There are 2 I'd like to get a full stern shot of, one is Kamikazee
> Kens and the California AMPHIKR plate.
>
>
> > Hehe. No, I didn't forget. I just was pretty tired when I typed
> all of
> > those in. Long days, Ive been taking a motorcycle safety course. I
> > figure that way I can cover all the bases: Sports Car, Boat,
> > Convertible, Motorcycle. And all with only two vehicles!
>
> Peter
> Yup me too, but adding the 4x4 completes the circle. Good job on
> the safety course, well woth it for sure!! My HD has a pl8 that
> says "HD GIMP" which created some concern from the lady when I went
> to pick it up. She thought it was in poor taste. It's MY plate
> afterall! I wanted it to say just "GIMP" but that has been on
> another man's car for 12 years already. The pplate from I made from
> the rods that were in my back for 13 years, now that is personal!
>
> Thanks to all for the response here! That is why I do this stuff. I
> have more ideas in the works because of the requests here. How about
> complete in color, electrical diagram, on-line? Yes, it's partially
> done, but not ready for prime time. If you have others wants, let me
> know. Another blizzard may be on the way (so they say), so who knows
> what I may get done. Last night I even dreampt of Amphicars. I took
> one off a ramp at a very high rate of speed and it keep the speed in
> the water. Was very cool, until the dog woke me up!
>
> John "I'm dreamin' of a white Amphi..." Bevins
>

I've been trying to make good howtos of all of the projects ive been
doing. I have a couple shots of the rear brake removal and install,
but not as many as id like. I also am working on a doc of the steering
brace install from All Things Amphicar (which was really easy and came
out great, btw!). I'd like to work on updating the maintenance manual
or creating a "common tasks" section of the site.

Anyone coming through Atlanta on their way to Mt. Dora, feel free to
give me a call. I'd love to get some more informed opinions on my work
in progress!

Peter
 
A

amphi_sc

Guest
--- In amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com, "a_colo_native" <rma@...> wrote:
>
> > > PS ... Cap'n John, if you don't want the entire stern shot, deb's
> > > plate is at <http://www.amphicar.net/aboat2/debscar/4H2O2.jpg>
>
> I prefer an entire stern shot to keep with the theme I have there.
> ......
> John "I'm dreamin' of a white Amphi..." Bevins
>
I'm already in Forida with my amphicar (ABOAT*2) for Mt Dora (getting
a real big headstart...) <g> so the stern of Deb's car will have to
wait until I get back in Texas sometime in April.

On the newsletter,... there's already some "off road" themes, but they
aren't "true off-road'n" like we go!

Al
 
A

a_colo_native

Guest
> I'm already in Forida with my amphicar (ABOAT*2) for Mt Dora (getting
> a real big headstart...) <g> so the stern of Deb's car will have to
> wait until I get back in Texas sometime in April.
>
> On the newsletter,... there's already some "off road" themes, but
they
> aren't "true off-road'n" like we go!


Al - I aleady have a stern shot of her car. It's in the 2nd row just
below some yellow guy under a yellow car, doing unspeakable things! ;)

We are the quintessential "Off roaders"

John
 
E

Ed Howard

Guest
Sorry, I do not monitor this list regularly, so I think I missed
something here, but I am happy to help.

I am California AMPHIKR.

What is it that you need? Email me offline, so I do not miss the
instructions again.

Thanks,

Ed Howard
Orange County, CA
64 Red
AMPHIKR

--- In amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com, "gtpeterp" <yahoo@...> wrote:
>
> --- In amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com, "a_colo_native" <rma@>
wrote:
> >
> > > > PS ... Cap'n John, if you don't want the entire stern shot,
deb's
> > > > plate is at <http://www.amphicar.net/aboat2/debscar/4H2O2.jpg>
> >
> > I prefer an entire stern shot to keep with the theme I have
there.
> > There are 2 I'd like to get a full stern shot of, one is
Kamikazee
> > Kens and the California AMPHIKR plate.
> >
> >
> > > Hehe. No, I didn't forget. I just was pretty tired when I typed
> > all of
> > > those in. Long days, Ive been taking a motorcycle safety
course. I
> > > figure that way I can cover all the bases: Sports Car, Boat,
> > > Convertible, Motorcycle. And all with only two vehicles!
> >
> > Peter
> > Yup me too, but adding the 4x4 completes the circle. Good job on
> > the safety course, well woth it for sure!! My HD has a pl8 that
> > says "HD GIMP" which created some concern from the lady when I
went
> > to pick it up. She thought it was in poor taste. It's MY plate
> > afterall! I wanted it to say just "GIMP" but that has been on
> > another man's car for 12 years already. The pplate from I made
from
> > the rods that were in my back for 13 years, now that is personal!
> >
> > Thanks to all for the response here! That is why I do this stuff.
I
> > have more ideas in the works because of the requests here. How
about
> > complete in color, electrical diagram, on-line? Yes, it's
partially
> > done, but not ready for prime time. If you have others wants, let
me
> > know. Another blizzard may be on the way (so they say), so who
knows
> > what I may get done. Last night I even dreampt of Amphicars. I
took
> > one off a ramp at a very high rate of speed and it keep the speed
in
> > the water. Was very cool, until the dog woke me up!
> >
> > John "I'm dreamin' of a white Amphi..." Bevins
> >
>
> I've been trying to make good howtos of all of the projects ive been
> doing. I have a couple shots of the rear brake removal and install,
> but not as many as id like. I also am working on a doc of the
steering
> brace install from All Things Amphicar (which was really easy and
came
> out great, btw!). I'd like to work on updating the maintenance
manual
> or creating a "common tasks" section of the site.
>
> Anyone coming through Atlanta on their way to Mt. Dora, feel free to
> give me a call. I'd love to get some more informed opinions on my
work
> in progress!
>
> Peter
>
 
A

amphi_sc

Guest
--- In amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com, "a_colo_native" <rma@...> wrote:

> Al - I aleady have a stern shot of her car. It's in the 2nd row just
> below some yellow guy under a yellow car, doing unspeakable things! ;)
>
> John

Hi John,

I see a shot of my car there (A*BOAT2) below that yellow car, but
don't see my wife's car (4 H20 2). As you are sorting them
alphabetically, that would be logical put to "4 H20 2" after Dave's "2
FLOAT" plate and before my "A*BOAT2" plate. Maybe the page hasn't
been refreshed on the net yet?
This link on my website
<http://www.amphicar.net/aboat2/ourcars/index.html>
has a couple older stern shots of both cars.

Al
 
A

amphi_sc

Guest
--- In amphicar-lovers@yahoogroups.com, "a_colo_native" <rma@...> wrote:
>
> > <http://www.amphicar.net/aboat2/ourcars/index.html>
>
> Al-
>
> The sladeshow came up a blank, you may have something not working. I
> copied it directly from the dot net directory. (Sorry Bilgy!)
>
> John Bevins
>
Thanks for pointing that out. It was one of those things Internet
Exploder was fussy about, whereas I always browse with FireFox and
thus didn't catch it.

By the way, you can tell the cars apart as mine goes topless while
Debra doesn't usually.

Al
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N survey of vanity plates General Amphicar Discussion 10
jfriese California Vanity Plate General Amphicar Discussion 2
azpaul50 Vanity Plate General Amphicar Discussion 4
SNOWBIRD Jack Plates General Amphicar Discussion 0
Jon March some fun license plates General Amphicar Discussion 0
T Front Brake Backing Plates General Amphicar Discussion 2
B Magnets for license plates General Amphicar Discussion 0
S Dash Guage Face Plates General Amphicar Discussion 5
W Jacking Plates General Amphicar Discussion 0
R Pressure Plates General Amphicar Discussion 0
K backing plates, fan blade, radio General Amphicar Discussion 0
E Jacking Plates and Rust General Amphicar Discussion 0
A Personalized plates General Amphicar Discussion 0
C Licence plates finally General Amphicar Discussion 0
D OHIO Trailer Plates General Amphicar Discussion 0
D vin plates General Amphicar Discussion 5
lelms What we are missing in Europe General Amphicar Discussion 3
mike_israel 2 missing after duck boat crashes into barge General Amphicar Discussion 1
A Missing - Coil Temp? General Amphicar Discussion 2
A Missing the boat... General Amphicar Discussion 1
A Missing Celina General Amphicar Discussion 1
M Missing Films? General Amphicar Discussion 6
B missing digests General Amphicar Discussion 1
D Advice and missing links General Amphicar Discussion 0
P Missing Marine Light General Amphicar Discussion 10
M Missing Engine General Amphicar Discussion 1
L Help with missing parts... General Amphicar Discussion 2
Similar threads



























Top