Vanity Plate

azpaul50

I was looking at member vanity plates and was wondering why nobody uses "Aquacar?" I realize that most states only allow 6 digits but I would have thought that at least one California car (they allow 7 digits and symbols) would have gotten it. Maybe I'm overthinking this but this seems as obvious a choice as the "H2O" and "Water" variations. I'm also aware that the new aquatic car is going by the tradename but really don't see a legal conflict there. So, has someone already been down this path and found some bar to using it? As interest clubs go, the IAOC seems to have a greater than normal "legal" awareness. Oh, one last question... the covers over the convertible top hinge points... Blub is missing both and I was wondering if these should remain gray (Gordon's description of replacements) or painted to match? The ones in my white car are sorta painted red to match the trim, so in Blub's case, they would be painted white? Okay, ya' got me... it is 105 outside today and I'm using these "technical" questions to avoid going outside! :005:

I've discarded "NO OARS" "2 SWIM" "4 SMIMN" "4N OBJ" "UPCREEK (without paddle)" "2SCREWS :027:" "NO PDDL" "WONTFLY" "WET DRM :011:"

"FLOATER (Sounds like a CSI victim)" and after great expense thus far, "BLK

HOLE (You know what they say about boat ownership and expense)" - azpaul50

CapnJohn

Amphi Guru & Former IAOC President
When I started that page (along with 90% of the whole site) with vanity plates, I had a long list of suggestions at the bottom. I don't go there any longer so I am not sure if it remained or not.

When I came up with my own pl8, I didn't want the usual H2O referances so mine got the question most asked.. "A What?" it's been on my car for almost 10 years now. I had a 2nd 66 Cadillac cvt which read "HAD1B4" and my 69 Pontiac cvt said "RU4692" (ru4 69 2?) and my Harley pl8 which is framed by the rods that spent 13 years along my spine says "HD GIMP" I'm still working on one for my 59 Skyliner.

Attachments

• 081707_16051.jpg
    081707_16051.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG00021-20090507-1843.jpg
    IMG00021-20090507-1843.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 41

azpaul50

WOW! Suddenly I'm heading from not enought ideas to too many! These are great!!!! Good point about "A WHAT?". In my short time as an owner, it usually goes this way... (Lookee Loo says), "What is that?"; (I say), "An Amphicar"; They say, "A WHAT?" LOLOL, I hadn't thought about it but that happens nearly every time! Of course I've already gotten the question, "In how deep a water does it go in?" I have vanity plates on other cars, like "Blub X 3" and "SLORYDR" (You're heard of Low Rider, right, well my Met is a Slow Rider). On my Vette, I have "FLYNBY" and have had that plate on cars since 1978. RST BKT????? LOL, you've actually seen Blub, haven't you??? LOL.... that indeed is what he is! Keep 'em coming.......

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jfriese California Vanity Plate General Amphicar Discussion 2
A Vanity plates missing General Amphicar Discussion 12
N survey of vanity plates General Amphicar Discussion 10
SNOWBIRD Engine front plate General Amphicar Discussion 0
MAE Front license plate bracket General Amphicar Discussion 7
Jacques B. Amphicar pressure plate and clutch disk General Amphicar Discussion 3
sdreich California License Plate AMPHICR General Amphicar Discussion 0
T License Plate Lamp Question??? General Amphicar Discussion 6
S License Plate Bulbs? General Amphicar Discussion 3
T Data plate information General Amphicar Discussion 1
J Rear brake cable mount on backing plate General Amphicar Discussion 1
azpaul50 Front License Plate Bracket General Amphicar Discussion 14
S Replacement License Plate Bulb General Amphicar Discussion 1
LSolheim Drum/Back-Plate Interference? General Amphicar Discussion 7
M Front license plate smichensplate General Amphicar Discussion 0
C Rear horizontal bumper panel repair & Skid plate questions General Amphicar Discussion 1
K Brake Backing Plate General Amphicar Discussion 3
T AM/FM/SW band radio / Dummy plate General Amphicar Discussion 0
A License Plate Lites on E Bay General Amphicar Discussion 0
R engine plate General Amphicar Discussion 1
T I got the pressure plate blues General Amphicar Discussion 0
S Emergency Brake Connection Plate General Amphicar Discussion 0
E Radiator Marking Plate General Amphicar Discussion 0
S I need pressure plate springs, AGAIN General Amphicar Discussion 0
D amphi plate General Amphicar Discussion 1
A Licence plate ideas General Amphicar Discussion 11
M Broken pressure plate lever spring General Amphicar Discussion 0
W Amphicar Boat Sticker/Plate General Amphicar Discussion 0