Trivia question

M

Michael Echemann

Guest
Paul,
I here the same thing all the time but being a hugh bond, eastwood and the
duke fan. (same as most) I've never seen an Amphi in a bond movie either.
Has anyone?
Mike
----- Original Message -----
From: Paul Lalewicz <paul@amazingone.com>
To: <amphicar-lovers@egroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2000 10:08 PM
Subject: [amphicar-lovers] Trivia question


> I have been told many times that a Amphicar was used in a James Bond
> movie for James and his girl to get away from the bad/good guys. A
> very informed Bond follower tells me (A) Pontiac Moon is not a Bond
> movie and (B) a Amphicar was never used in a Bond movie. Could this
> be
> true? Please set me straight. What is the real answer here?
>
> Paul
>
>
>
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> amphicar-lovers-unsubscribe@egroups.com
>
>
>
>
 
P

Paul Lalewicz

Guest
I have been told many times that a Amphicar was used in a James Bond
movie for James and his girl to get away from the bad/good guys. A
very informed Bond follower tells me (A) Pontiac Moon is not a Bond
movie and (B) a Amphicar was never used in a Bond movie. Could this
be
true? Please set me straight. What is the real answer here?

Paul
 
R

ray handloser

Guest
An Amphicar as a get away car or boat? Get away from who? I've been
passed by two guys in a canoe! Ray '67 Red

--- In amphicar-lovers@egroups.com, "Michael Echemann"
<echemike@e...>
wrote:
> Paul,
> I here the same thing all the time but being a hugh bond, eastwood
and the
> duke fan. (same as most) I've never seen an Amphi in a bond movie
either.
> Has anyone?
> Mike
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Paul Lalewicz <paul@a...>
> To: <amphicar-lovers@egroups.com>
> Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2000 10:08 PM
> Subject: [amphicar-lovers] Trivia question
>
>
> > I have been told many times that a Amphicar was used in a James
Bond
> > movie for James and his girl to get away from the bad/good guys. A
> > very informed Bond follower tells me (A) Pontiac Moon is not a
Bond
> > movie and (B) a Amphicar was never used in a Bond movie. Could
this
> > be
> > true? Please set me straight. What is the real answer here?
> >
> > Paul
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> > amphicar-lovers-unsubscribe@egroups.com
> >
> >
> >
> >
 
B

Bill Connelly

Guest
Re: Re: Trivia question

Re the following, the Bond movie in which the Amphicar was used was
"Thunderball", starring Sean Connery, but the Amphicar footage ended up on
the cutting room floor before the final version of the film appeared.

~Bilgemaster~

----- Original Message -----
From: "ray handloser" <rayhand@yahoo.com>
To: <amphicar-lovers@egroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2000 9:28 PM
Subject: [amphicar-lovers] Re: Trivia question


> An Amphicar as a get away car or boat? Get away from who? I've been
> passed by two guys in a canoe! Ray '67 Red
>
> --- In amphicar-lovers@egroups.com, "Michael Echemann"
> <echemike@e...>
> wrote:
> > Paul,
> > I here the same thing all the time but being a hugh bond, eastwood
> and the
> > duke fan. (same as most) I've never seen an Amphi in a bond movie
> either.
> > Has anyone?
> > Mike
> > ----- Original Message -----
> > From: Paul Lalewicz <paul@a...>
> > To: <amphicar-lovers@egroups.com>
> > Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2000 10:08 PM
> > Subject: [amphicar-lovers] Trivia question
> >
> >
> > > I have been told many times that a Amphicar was used in a James
> Bond
> > > movie for James and his girl to get away from the bad/good guys. A
> > > very informed Bond follower tells me (A) Pontiac Moon is not a
> Bond
> > > movie and (B) a Amphicar was never used in a Bond movie. Could
> this
> > > be
> > > true? Please set me straight. What is the real answer here?
> > >
> > > Paul
 
R

rwf

Guest
There is a getaway scene in which an Amphicar is very prominently featured
in the movie "The President's Analyst" with James Coburn.
It was a favorite of mine even before I knew what an Amphicar was!
If you haven't seen the movie, I'd suggest renting it.

Ralph
(Still looking for an Amphicar)
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jon March Trivia question - General Amphicar Discussion 2
P Trivia Question Winner! General Amphicar Discussion 0
M Re[2]: Trivia question General Amphicar Discussion 1
Jon March Trivia #2 - name that muffler! General Amphicar Discussion 0
Jon March Trivia! - name that tire General Amphicar Discussion 0
M Amphi List Trivia / Update General Amphicar Discussion 1
Jon March Fuel shutoff device - question General Amphicar Discussion 1
T Question on Gas Pedal General Amphicar Discussion 1
A Tool kit question General Amphicar Discussion 9
Jon March Disney cars question - General Amphicar Discussion 0
Jon March Dual-pump bilge outlet question General Amphicar Discussion 4
C Wheel cylinder Question. General Amphicar Discussion 9
Jon March radiator cowl question General Amphicar Discussion 0
okey0 Hauling Question General Amphicar Discussion 2
Jon March Axle tube bushings - a followup question... General Amphicar Discussion 0
Jon March Question for anyone using Universal Tire American Classics "bias-look" radials General Amphicar Discussion 6
Jon March Transmission question - Gord? Dave? Others? General Amphicar Discussion 1
T Stuck valve AND valve cover question?? General Amphicar Discussion 5
Akamphi Neg ground question General Amphicar Discussion 2
A Question on body shop General Amphicar Discussion 0
BuckeyeFloater Quarters Question Restorations in progress 1
laserfixr Question for Gord General Amphicar Discussion 2
M Question on parts General Amphicar Discussion 1
Jacques B. Question about of the front lights. General Amphicar Discussion 2
Akamphi Prop light question General Amphicar Discussion 2
Midwest Amphicar Fiberglass hood and question General Amphicar Discussion 5
T License Plate Lamp Question??? General Amphicar Discussion 6
T Support Rod Question??? General Amphicar Discussion 7
Ed Price Exhaust Question General Amphicar Discussion 10
B Fuel Pump Question General Amphicar Discussion 2
T Window Fuzzies Installation Question? General Amphicar Discussion 1
B Question for Mike I. General Amphicar Discussion 1
T Door Mounting Question General Amphicar Discussion 1
T Door Seal Question? General Amphicar Discussion 5
Mark Richardson Accelerator cable installation question General Amphicar Discussion 17
T Bilge Blower Question ?? General Amphicar Discussion 2
Ed Price Steering Geometry Question General Amphicar Discussion 0
Ed Price Chassis Dimension Question General Amphicar Discussion 4
E Fuel Tap Question General Amphicar Discussion 2
J Convertible Top Question General Amphicar Discussion 12
G Convertible Top Question General Amphicar Discussion 1
T Dashboard Switch Question? General Amphicar Discussion 3
S Triva Question- Castle on Horn Button General Amphicar Discussion 5
T Rear Reflector Question?? General Amphicar Discussion 2
T Back bumper question for John Friese General Amphicar Discussion 3
B Insurance Question General Amphicar Discussion 6
P Rotisserie Question General Amphicar Discussion 5
T a question about towing my Amphicar General Amphicar Discussion 2
R Brake Question Update General Amphicar Discussion 0
T Brake Question - New Forum General Amphicar Discussion 4
Similar threads


















































Top