Triumph Motor for sale

Tom Laferriere

I have had this motor for a few years thinking I wanted to have a spare. Seeing how I am Amphicar-less and real estate in my garage is becoming valuable, I figure I would offer it here. Its in RI and I would like to get $500. Too much? Then reasonable offers are considered.

Thanks,
Tom Laferriere

Attachments

Nice chart. FK shows it to be a 1300cc with 8:1 compression. Many previous discussions lean toward the 1300 as better than the 1500 due to higher rpm capacity. I actually have a 1500 that is rebuilt as a spare. I went for torque over rpm as time spent at 70 mph is less than lower speeds of surface streets for me.

jfriese

Hi,

The FK means it's a 1296 with an 8 to 1 compression. The H in the HE suffice means it's a high compression (9 to 1) engine. These two things don't compute so I'm not really sure what to make of it. Since the water pump pulley is of the smaller type used before the 1500 engines came along, I would assume it is a 1969 or 70, small crank 1296 which is often called a 1300. Later 1300 engines were built with larger crankshafts and pulleys that were used in the 1500's. The "1500" engine is actually 1493.

John Friese
67 White
67 Red
Both with 1296 engines.

Michael Lenz

I have had this motor for a few years thinking I wanted to have a spare. Seeing how I am Amphicar-less and real estate in my garage is becoming valuable, I figure I would offer it here. Its in RI and I would like to get $500. Too much? Then reasonable offers are considered.

Thanks,
Tom Laferriere
Is the 1296 Triumph engine still "collecting dust", as I may have interest. Thanks.

Mike