Tie Rods - Front End Rebuild

SNKR770

Has anyone found any tie rod ends from another car that will work on the Amphi? Any tips or gotchas from anyone that has done this before?

Tedredamphi

Platinum Subscriber
Ken Chambers put me onto this place(autohausaz) last year and I purchased the same set he describes below. Everything fit perfectly. Price is reasonable too.
Ted Matthews
If you're referring to the steering tie rod ends, I recently bought a
set of eight from:

http://www.autohausaz.com/search/pro...ber=0003385010

0003385010 Tie Rod End; Left Hand Thread; 14mm Shaft
0003385210 Tie Rod End; Right Hand Thread; 14mm Shaft

Modern ones are permanently lubricated so 8 less zerks to grease.

Ken Chambers, CA
'64 Red

DavidC

Amphicar Expert
Yes those are the ones our German friends told me about back in the 1980s. It is important to use only the Lemforder brand. The ones I fitted to my Amphicar in 1989 are still perfect. There is a bit more info in the tech section of Amphicars.com but in reality the info below gives you all you need to know. Lemforder rod ends are one of the simplist and best updates you can do to Amphicar.

David C
----- Original Message -----
To: david@manbus.com
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 6:18 PM
Subject: RE: [General Amphicar Discussion-t-20373] Re: Tie Rods - Front End Rebuild

Ken Chambers put me on this place(autohausaz) last and I purchased the same set he describes below. Everything fit perfectly. Price is reasonable
Ted Matthews
If you're referring to the steering tie rod ends, I recently bought a
set of eight from:

http://www.autohausaz.com/search/pro...ber=0003385010

0003385010 Tie Rod End; Left Hand Thread; 14mm Shaft
0003385210 Tie Rod End; Right Hand Thread; 14mm Shaft

Modern ones are permanently lubricated so 8 less zerks to grease.

Ken Chambers, CA
'64 Red

Canadian four amphs

Amphicar Expert
I have here in Florida with me a NOS steering arm short(14inches),25-27 and a steering arm long(3ft),25-23. with tie rods on both ends ready to go.The price is $150.00each, and your original, with the zerts,, I do have more at home , and do have NOS tie rods at home too, BUT the ends for Ajusting Caster are Different..less treads on them.
Have had a few calls for poeple coming to the FL. Swim,,, looks good,,, As Dave would say... Over 35 expected to be at ShoW...
See you all there.
Still have a free room aval.
out to put event sheets at Motel etc.
GORD:003: