Throttle linkage - whats its supposed to look like?

Jon March

Mine came gimpy when i bought it - and i want to put it back together the best way - help?Screen shot 2017-06-13 at 11.26.02 PM.png
Screen shot 2017-06-13 at 11.26.02 PM.png

Screen shot 2017-06-13 at 11.27.07 PM.png

And I could use help with this too - (i have the big cylindrical canister muffler)
this gimped bracket cant be the best way to attach to the arm?!

Screen shot 2017-06-13 at 11.28.11 PM.png

SNOWBIRD

Amphicar Expert
Gordon Import cables are TOO small. they do not reach the carb so people have added to the length. I have a roll of throttle cable and I just add a loop or a lenght, and bring back to his cable att. with cable lock.
originally the cable comes threw where spring is hooked and cable lock screws in there, spring should be in other hole
Muffler again his are wrong shape, should be fatter and shorter, wrap a 1 by 1/8 inch steel bar around muffler and clamp to front bracket.In this pic I have welded it to muffler.

IMG_5160.JPG

SNOWBIRD

Amphicar Expert
This cars cable was rough to the foot touch so I modified the bracket to be closer and G.I. short cable now reaches and is straight in.

tirescarb cable 001.JPG

Jon March

Thanks Gord! Scott at Gordon Imports was kind enough to send me a pic of the linkage on their original/unsold car - matches exactly what you described!
I guess the original throttle cables were longer as you say. Great info as always - CONGRATS on finishing the red car!!

Screen shot 2017-06-20 at 9.46.59 AM.png