Think I found an old Fairbanks photo of my Amphicar

Akamphi

Have a look at these two pictures guys. The black and white photo is from 1967 on 2nd street in Fairbanks after a big flood. The other is my car just after I bought it in 2001. Any thoughts on weather there the same car?

Attachments

Akamphi

Looks to me like it has painted vent frames like mine. Looks red and has no radio which mine didn't. Also no passenger side merror. Can't tell if there is one on the drivers side like mine though.

CapnJohn

Amphi Guru & Former IAOC President
Craig -

Looks like a Blue car to me. The tops of the seats/door panels are a light color, yours would have been a charcoal black. It's an early car like yours, most didn't have a radio. Did you have anything mounted to you're dash? Looks like a tach or some sort of gage mounted to the top, center of the dash.

Akamphi

Craig -

Looks like a Blue car to me. The tops of the seats/door panels are a light color, yours would have been a charcoal black. It's an early car like yours, most didn't have a radio. Did you have anything mounted to you're dash? Looks like a tach or some sort of gage mounted to the top, center of the dash.
Good catch on the seats John. No dash mount on mine either...

Akamphi

I got another Fairbanks Amphicar Flood photo from a friend on FB. This looks to be a different car to me then the one earlyer in this thread. Driver and passenger are clothed differently and driver has a hat one. Looks like different people. Anyone else see any other tell tail items in this photo that would shed some light on it?

Attachments