The Allure the perfect restoration plan

Midwest Amphicar

Worlds Largest Amphicar Destination

model in car better.JPGSANY0667.JPGSANY0729.JPGSANY0737.JPGSANY0739.JPG
Not a restoration but a fix up thread.
My mind thought I wanted a high end custom restoration but...
I realized another year had vanished.
So back in April I stopped the restoration plan and worked fast to install quarters ,rockers, trays and other spots.
Put on what ever used parts, rusty doors and cruised to Torque Fest in Iowa. It was great.
Busy in the shop and June is almost over. So Fathers Day I choose to stay home and build doors.
Than an invite to Lake Clinton for the Fourth of July.
June 25th to July 1st. Pull lights, windshield , top etc for body work. Fill, prime, seal and paint.
Replace transmission, install bilge pump, and all the little details to make water ready.
Saturday the 2nd at noon I loaded car on trailer. Exhausted. It was in high 90's and humid.
Made it to Lake Clinton. Drove in water. Put glue on leaks and repeated all weekend.
Big smile

So yes body has flaws but no one but me noticed.
No one cared that door panels were off or holes in dash
Everyone saw thier dreams, memories and great times
Plus the really sparkly blue paint. (Six scoops of two types of mettalic per 16ozs of clear.)
Stay smooth. Later Dave the Wave

Amphipoda

Amphicar Expert & Forum Contributor
2 scoops of metallic!!! Dave you are THE MAN!!!

View attachment 505View attachment 506View attachment 507View attachment 508View attachment 509
So back in April I stopped the restoration plan and worked fast to install quarters ,rockers, trays and other spots.
Put on what ever used parts, rusty doors and cruised to Torque Fest in Iowa. It was great.
Busy in the shop and June is almost over. So Fathers Day I choose to stay home and build doors.
June 25th to July 1st. Pull lights, windshield , top etc for body work. Fill, prime, seal and paint.
Replace transmission, install bilge pump, and all the little details to make water ready.
Saturday the 2nd at noon I loaded car on trailer. Exhausted. It was in high 90's and humid.
Made it to Lake Clinton. Drove in water. Put glue on leaks and repeated all weekend.
Big smile

Plus the really sparkly blue paint. (Six scoops of two types of mettalic per 16ozs of clear.)

Jon March

the rat rod world is an awesome, untapped market for Amphis. Id pay good money for a burlesque Amphi calendar of beaters & babes. Miss February: Fishin in fishnets!

View attachment 505View attachment 506View attachment 507View attachment 508View attachment 509
Big smile

Gerry told me you tore that Amphicar apart. So, how are you going to swim it now in two weeks at Naples, Maine? I can't wait to go there again this year and hang out with you and the other guys! My husband Bob and I will be up the Friday before the Swim In. Ina