Swim In

R

rpung

Hello amphicar friends,
I know summer schdedules are filling up but some amphicar owners are putting together a swim in.

When: July 11th 2009 10am-?:dft012:
Where: Hudson Wisconsin..(Lake Front Street, Dyke Road Across from Pier 500 Bar and Restaurant)

This is located on the St. Croix River a few miles downstream from Stillwater Minnesota. This area has a large consentration of Amphicars and home of the St. Croix Amphicar club. Sorry for the short notice but come and join the fun meet new amphibian friends and swim on the beautiful St. Croix which is on the Minnesota Wisconsin border. Hudson is located right off highway 94. See you there:003:............

For Hotel Accomidations and to RSVP Please contact Jack Lee at 612-810-9297. or Steve Meister at 612-210-3356.

Rick,

Glad to hear you Stillwater boys put together a swim-in. I will do everything in my power to attend. Frankly, I'm not one for schedules but I was wondering what you have brewing for the day or is it a casual, eat where you want, swim when the spirit moves you kind of event?

Thanks,

Brian Crombie

Faribault, Mn.

R

rpung

Brian you can call Jack Lee if you have questions but I think it will be casual with many restuarants and hotels in the area. There will be alot of water to explore with islands to park on. I am 6 miles from Hudson and have room if someone wants to park an RV. Dave I think it was 5 1/2-6 hours if I recall.

SNKR770

Twin City - Swim In Photos

Thanks to those who put this together. Great weather & great conversation. I've attached a few pictures for those who wish they could have atttended. I beilieve the final count was 13 cars. 14 if you count a rear axle and driver without the car. maybe next year. Not bad given the short notice. Great Location!

Attachments

• DSC07910.JPG
    DSC07910.JPG
    721.9 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC08006.JPG
    DSC08006.JPG
    488.3 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC07917.JPG
    DSC07917.JPG
    713.1 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC07923.JPG
    DSC07923.JPG
    548.9 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC07935.JPG
    DSC07935.JPG
    832.7 KB · Views: 65
R

rpung

Hey Ryan,
Nice pictures that were posted. Hope we have more cars next year when we do it again. Hopefully, you can bring your axel and the rest of your car next year. :dft003:..........It was a GREAT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!